ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Wow, how did you manage direct VGC? Is the wait-list still a thing?
Luck! Basically I’ve been asking for years. My guide happened to look for me right before leaving for the day (after having checked and saw none available), and lo and behold 200 were available. He held them for me and we finalized the next day. I took advantage of magical beginnings to drop it to $290 per point. Still very expensive, but not much more than resale (especially at the time), and so I sold my resale points and my SSR contracts to cover it.

And now I’m trying hard not to look at the resale market so I don’t get bit by addonitis again, lol.

That is trending the right direction for sure.!!
I'd like to see some 60-75 for $125.
I placed a few offers before this one was accepted. It turns out offering on older listings and pointing to this thread for the pricing trend can help justify the offer as being market value to sellers.
This is my second DVC contract and I hope cures my addonitis for a long while.

I placed a few offers before this one was accepted. It turns out offering on older listings and pointing to this thread for the pricing trend can help justify the offer as being market value to sellers.
This is my second DVC contract and I hope cures my addonitis for a long while.
I don't think it's ever cured lol.

You're just treating it and keeping it at bay haha.

There is no great source for market wide data, so this collection effort is very valuable. I wonder how many are actually sales and how many are more sophisticated brokers/owners pulling listings now to see how much much higher ROFR will drive prices over the next month. 🤷🏼‍♀️

It doesn’t make a lot of sense to pull an unsold listing, instead of simply raising the price— Maybe people are actually snapping up contracts because they hope to close in time for the 11 month booking window next spring?

It is a fun exercise. Outside of the PVB activity I am inclined to believe the other numbers that I am seeing are largely seasonal. I assume the sellers that had dues remorse last winter have pretty much cleared the market. So seasonally January-March should have the largest inventory (assuming no economic shocks).

Overall DVC resale listings are down 10% from March 2025. AKV and SSR mirror that number. BLT is down 15%. VGF is down 25%. CCV is down 31%. RIV resale listings is another data outlier at up 20%. These numbers shouldn't be taken as gospel but as a relative measure it has some utility.

dvcsearch.com has almost 30 Poly resale contracts, so I wouldn't exactly say that has dried up.
That website has duplicate entries for the same contract. It does show more listings than the other aggregators but at least 2 PVB listings have been double counted with another PVB listing appears in triplicate. At least a few of the listings shown are also dead links.

Snap! Although you have the full ‘23 points.

JackosinDIS---$114-$6808-50-BWV-Feb-0/23, 72/24, 50/25- sent 4/30
I had your contract first! Broker called me so I passed on it for the extra 28 points. Apparently seller had multiple 50 pointers.
Nice price, I didn’t even try to negotiate, went in full for the guarantee since the smaller contracts go fast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter