ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

I like the way you think, but seriously I need someone to explain the appeal of BLT, aside from the obvious proximity to MK. My family is heavily into resort theming, and BLT could not look more mundane to us all. There's a voice in my head that tells me the refurb could change that a little bit, but it just looks like a condo building to me. What am I missing??!!
Agreed... not trying to start a BLT hate train, because I'm truly happy for whoever owns there and loves it (I own and love AKV and I realize that my resort is not everyone's cup of tea either with the buses and remoteness and dining options that are more exotic). BLT is probably the one resort at WDW I've just never had any desire to stay at.

Agreed... not trying to start a BLT hate train, because I'm truly happy for whoever owns there and loves it (I own and love AKV and I realize that my resort is not everyone's cup of tea either with the buses and remoteness and dining options that are more exotic). BLT is probably the one resort at WDW I've just never had any desire to stay at.
Oh yes I should have said that, definitely not trying to hate on it, every resort appeals to people for different reasons! I genuinely was wondering if I was missing something, or if I should just accept that it's not for us. I keep saying I should use some SAP points there for 1 night to try it out, but i haven't been able to convince myself to do it yet.

Ok, I need you all to talk me off the ledge. I already have 400 CCV points. I’m just waiting for my sellers to sign for 350 BWV points. It is taking every ounce of restraint I have to not bid on some of the stripped BLT contracts that are out there.

I don’t need it right? This is addonitis. It will pass. Deep cleansing breath.
I’m a value investor, I’m a Hypocrite to NOT look at BLT.
I almost have to buy it.
And that contract that is waiting on ROFR at 110 has me salivating.
Sigh.
1715379059894.png

Talk to me about the stripped vs. unstripped. If I don’t need the points right now, and you can negotiate a lower buy in where they cover the dues, why are the stripped contracts inferior? Honest question, I really don’t know.
Check it...
https://www.dvcrofr.com/pricing-tool

I like the way you think, but seriously I need someone to explain the appeal of BLT, aside from the obvious proximity to MK. My family is heavily into resort theming, and BLT could not look more mundane to us all. There's a voice in my head that tells me the refurb could change that a little bit, but it just looks like a condo building to me. What am I missing??!!
So, it’s the fireworks view for us AND the proximity to the magic kingdom. My mother is in a chair and I hate the TTC with the white hot intensity of the sun. I especially hate it after fireworks when there is a crush of humanity and I happen to be carrying an unconscious toddler who has decided to hate and wholesale reject her stroller. There is nothing heavier in the world than an unconscious, sweaty toddler. In my mind, that circle of hell is somehow less if I can bypass that whole ordeal and walk to the hotel.

And then I swear, there is nothing as magical as sitting on your balcony and seeing the fireworks explode and the boat parade. The rooms could be a Hyatt…but that view and location makes it a really special Hyatt.

So, it’s the fireworks view for us AND the proximity to the magic kingdom. My mother is in a chair and I hate the TTC with the white hot intensity of the sun. I especially hate it after fireworks when there is a crush of humanity and I happen to be carrying an unconscious toddler who has decided to hate and wholesale reject her stroller. There is nothing heavier in the world than an unconscious, sweaty toddler. In my mind, that circle of hell is somehow less if I can bypass that whole ordeal and walk to the hotel.

And then I swear, there is nothing as magical as sitting on your balcony and seeing the fireworks explode and the boat parade. The rooms could be a Hyatt…but that view and location makes it a really special Hyatt.
and the Monorail…. you can see the Castle, Fireworks, and Monorail in the same frame…. pretty special.

Also, the villas have lots of bathrooms.

Oh yes I should have said that, definitely not trying to hate on it, every resort appeals to people for different reasons! I genuinely was wondering if I was missing something, or if I should just accept that it's not for us. I keep saying I should use some SAP points there for 1 night to try it out, but i haven't been able to convince myself to do it yet.
My DH was the same way until we stayed last month during the runDisney springtime suprise. I always knew the location with young kids and a double stroller would be key but he had his doubts. After staying there we're now looking for our fourth contract! The location to MK can't be beat. We love the walk from VGF but the one from BLT is just so much shorter. The DVC only pool right outside the building, the lake view that's also a theme park view for fireworks, and the short walk over to the Contemporary without having to stay in the middle of all the chaos over there is really nice. Is it the same as the luxury of VGF or RIV, no, but it's a nice change and with the upcoming refurbishment I can see us doing a lot more split stays there!

A huge variable is how long it takes the seller to return notarized docs.
I always felt Sellers dawdle, but when I sold a contract recently, I requested docs to take to the Notary (since e-Notaries were backed up) and had my signed-Seller docs sitting at Escrow a couple days before it passed ROFR. In a strange turnaround, the Buyers then took 10 days to wire funds. So I'm no longer saying it's always the Sellers holding things up.

P.S. I specifically asked for the documents to be sent early (Cammy was very accommodating), since Escrows still wait until it passes ROFR, but this was a Resort that has not had ROFR in a Long time so it seemed silly to wait for documents once we were past the 10 day cancellation period.

Talk to me about the stripped vs. unstripped. If I don’t need the points right now, and you can negotiate a lower buy in where they cover the dues, why are the stripped contracts inferior? Honest question, I really don’t know.
Some of the comments above about reselling the points are valid - however, keep in mind if you PAY dues at escrow close on the points you plan to sell, there is that adjustment to make. Also, for some people renting out points is easy, for others, one more learning curve and a project. While I do the math on contracts loaded or not - I also keep in mind if I do the math on selling extra points and then book a reservation (which I then use for ME instead lol), my math decision failed.

I completely understand your reasoning. Back when we had a stroller, I've never been more miserable than the time we closed down MK, walked onto the ferry, then hit a wall of fatigue that I never knew existed. Also, time stands still when they are loading that thing. This was our first, and last, day trip. I didn't think I would survive the 2 hour drive home, and vowed never to do it again. This is why we bought DVC. I am ok though with a boat ride back to WL, it's my favorite resort. I am also a fan of split stays, we're doing one in a few weeks, so I definitely want to own a MK area resort, just haven't decided which one.

As for the fireworks, while we do love them, we've seen them so much that it's not that big of a deal for us. More often than not we head out of MK when it's starting to get ahead of the crowds, or if we're camping at FW we go to the beach to watch.

Some of the comments above about reselling the points are valid - however, keep in mind if you PAY dues at escrow close on the points you plan to sell, there is that adjustment to make. Also, for some people renting out points is easy, for others, one more learning curve and a project. While I do the math on contracts loaded or not - I also keep in mind if I do the math on selling extra points and then book a reservation (which I then use for ME instead lol), my math decision failed.
We are Disney degenerates. We would use the points. I would want to monetize them. I would academically understand the process, and then I would find a 2 bedroom during high season and need to have it….because, as witnessed above, degenerates.

We are Disney degenerates. We would use the points. I would want to monetize them. I would academically understand the process, and then I would find a 2 bedroom during high season and need to have it….because, as witnessed above, degenerates.
This is exactly what has happened to my thinking while under contract for extra points. I am mentally adding in more vacations!

I completely understand your reasoning. Back when we had a stroller, I've never been more miserable than the time we closed down MK, walked onto the ferry, then hit a wall of fatigue that I never knew existed. Also, time stands still when they are loading that thing. This was our first, and last, day trip. I didn't think I would survive the 2 hour drive home, and vowed never to do it again. This is why we bought DVC. I am ok though with a boat ride back to WL, it's my favorite resort. I am also a fan of split stays, we're doing one in a few weeks, so I definitely want to own a MK area resort, just haven't decided which one.

As for the fireworks, while we do love them, we've seen them so much that it's not that big of a deal for us. More often than not we head out of MK when it's starting to get ahead of the crowds, or if we're camping at FW we go to the beach to watch.
I’m with you on this. The nice thing about DVC is the knowledge that we’ll be back, and fairly soon. I don’t need to spend all day in the parks and come back so exhausted that the commute back to our rooms is unbearable. I love DVC because it makes me love and appreciate my hotel so much more, and for me, as the resort currently stands, I wouldn’t want to spend more time at BLT than necessary. It’s not a place I’d want to spend particular leisure time …outside of the TPV GV anyway, that looks really nice 👌🏼 …but maybe that’s what makes it appealing? The perfect rope drop to fireworks resort? I could see that. I also wish it had a cool lobby, that would have made it at least 20% better in my eyes. Anyone know if the lobby is also supposed to get refurbed with the rooms? That would be a win for the resort

Last edited:
Our home park is Disneyland with our first contract being VGC. The proximity of BLT to a park aligns best with our expectations for DVC. While the pool is not necessarily our favorite, my kids love the slide and the games the cast members put on there and the lawn games outside. 3 bathrooms is a must for me since we are a family of 7. I don’t see many people talking about this but my family loves the community hall there. We have made tie dye shirts, several other crafts and played video games there (<- while we wait for our flight time). Plus the view of fireworks/castle/monorail. I love split stays to try other resorts/pools/restaurants but we always stay here for 1/2 the trip.

The Kinetic energy!!!
BLT does have a really cool energy to it.

Aside from the proximity to MK, the other thing I really like about it is the small footprint of the resort. After a long park day, especially in the summer, I like that it's enclosed in a compact air-conditioned building.

My least favorite thing is returning from a long day at Epcot from the back of the park to the monorail, then having to switch trains at TTC, and then having to ride nearly the whole MK loop. (You can, however, avoid this by inadvertently lingering too long and then needing to take the Bus of Shame after the monorail closes for the night.)

My least favorite thing is returning from a long day at Epcot from the back of the park to the monorail, then having to switch trains at TTC, and then having to ride nearly the whole MK loop.

Yes 🤕 If we happen to not be doing a split stay with BCV, at the end of the night at Epcot we’ll exit out IG and take the back path/gate over to catch a Lyft at BC back to BLT. Easy peasy and money well spent! 😅

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter