ROFR Thread Jan to March 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was sent information from a DVC cast member last week that has it listed as that. Unless the email has typos, that’s what it says. And a good reason why they are buying them all up. See attached…
It very well may be typos but this is the exact email I received.

I don't know where you heard that from, the deed ends in 2042. That does not change.
I heard it direct from DVC. Like I said, it may be a typo but this is the information I got from them. See attached

Attachments

• 0A2C791C-64C2-4E48-BC04-7F185E2E33FF.png
    0A2C791C-64C2-4E48-BC04-7F185E2E33FF.png
    118.3 KB · Views: 28
I heard it direct from DVC. Like I said, it may be a typo but this is the information I got from them. See attached
That's definitely a typo. They would sell out of points tomorrow if those dates were accurate. It would also cause all sorts of problems Disney does not want to address again (*cough* OKW extension *cough*).

That's definitely a typo. They would sell out of points tomorrow if those dates were accurate. It would also cause all sorts of problems Disney does not want to address again (*cough* OKW extension *cough*).
Very well could be. I haven’t bought direct hence why I was inquiring and that’s what she sent me. I wrote her back to see. With the way everyone jumped down my throat I’m assuming it’s a typo. Ha. I was just relaying what I was told and couldn’t understand why everyone was saying direct was 2042 when I was (most likely mistakingly) told it was 2068.

I think they love stripped ones because they don’t have to pay any dues back to anyone.

After our stripped one was taken (and have serious doubts about our other stripped one being taken) we've changed our strategy and just signed on a loaded contract. As the others were stripped the seller was paying the 2022 MF's. While that's great from a buyer's standpoint, Disney has to love those as well.

I'll post the details on our new contract when I get the nod that it's gone into ROFR. 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

With the almost complete loss of perks for direct buyers I feel like snapping up almost all resale/dropping prices on direct is really the only way they have to drive sales to direct. Unless you reallllllly want that pop socket.
Direct is also necessary if you want to stay at Riviera, which many (including myself!) love, as well as any new DVC resorts. That’s the main perk, not a pop socket, and it’s not insignificant. Moonlight Magic is also fun, not a huge deal of course, but we always have a blast.
And if you plan on holding resale points for over 20 years, you’ll lose the ability to book any of the 2042 resorts. For me, that a significant diminishment of value. Of course resale is still a great deal, but direct has its advantages as well, especially with the incentive savings.

After our stripped one was taken (and have serious doubts about our other stripped one being taken) we've changed our strategy and just signed on a loaded contract. As the others were stripped the seller was paying the 2022 MF's. While that's great from a buyer's standpoint, Disney has to love those as well.

I'll post the details on our new contract when I get the nod that it's gone into ROFR. 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞
So I was not aware that Disney would pay back dues on loaded contracts. Do they do that, really? I have one in ROFR that has full 2021 points on it.

I was sent information from a DVC cast member last week that has it listed as that. Unless the email has typos, that’s what it says.
That must’ve been a typo. Maybe they were confusing BRV that expires in 2042 and CCV that expires in 2068?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter