ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I may ask … what is the detail behind the “Copper Creek was first announced”?
If I may ask … what is the detail behind the “Copper Creek was first announced”?
We stayed in a studio on cash the Thanksgiving it opened and absolutely loved the lodge all decked out for Christmas.

We had the opportunity to apply the cost of our stay towards a contract, but we didn’t think it was a good financial decision for us at the time ( and truthfully it wasn’t).

Literally every hotel we have been to (non Disney) since that trip, my husband goes, “its nice, but its not the Wilderness Lodge”

Since that trip I have dreamed and stalked all things DVC, just waiting for the right time. And it’s finally here!

We stayed in a studio on cash the Thanksgiving it opened and absolutely loved the lodge all decked out for Christmas.

We had the opportunity to apply the cost of our stay towards a contract, but we didn’t think it was a good financial decision for us at the time ( and truthfully it wasn’t).

Literally every hotel we have been to (non Disney) since that trip, my husband goes, “its nice, but its not the Wilderness Lodge”

Since that trip I have dreamed and stalked all things DVC, just waiting for the right time. And it’s finally here!
I was lucky to score a room facing the lobby right before thanksgiving and being able to see that tree even from my room peephole was amazing! ❤️

:yay: :yay: :yay:
Our offer was accepted, contract is signed! :) SSR 300 pts - $90/pt, seller pays closing. We're paying MF for 2023 (full points). So excited! Glad I didn't cave under the pressure from agents and left my offer as is. Thanks for the advice all! I'll post our full string once we get confirmation it's been sent for ROFR.

It's been established there is no verification process and there does not need to be on this site. People can just say whatever. Even though the board allows a platform for people to say whatever, they do not feel it necessary to verify and validate. Always do your own due diligence!
What vested interest do you think a group of people who are endeavouring to be supportive and helpful through the DVC purchasing process would have in fabricating a contract? If you look at the big picture, it seems pretty clear that nobody would benefit from tossing a grenade into the mix.

Updated. OMG. Such a fun quarter compared to the past few where I sadly had to enter all of those Taken contracts! I don't think I've had to drop a frowning emoji ONCE this quarter lol.

To those who aren't on there- please use the tool on page 1 and repost your string, thank you!

Now, where to buy my bottom of the barrel pricing add-on...it's a real quandary. You all aren't helping 😜.

Updated. OMG. Such a fun quarter compared to the past few where I sadly had to enter all of those Taken contracts! I don't think I've had to drop a frowning emoji ONCE this quarter lol.

To those who aren't on there- please use the tool on page 1 and repost your string, thank you!

Now, where to buy my bottom of the barrel pricing add-on...it's a real quandary. You all aren't helping 😜.
you have far more willpower than most of us if you can look at all these and not offer on something 😂 my vote is for BCV -last chance to grab points at a 2042 resort for a livable price!!!

This thread almost made me submit another offer (for the third contract in the last two months). Had it all typed out and ready to email to Bonnie at Fidelity and everything till I thought better of it. I need to stop reading this thread…

This thread almost made me submit another offer (for the third contract in the last two months). Had it all typed out and ready to email to Bonnie at Fidelity and everything till I thought better of it. I need to stop reading this thread…
Tell me about it. I’m on here complaining every couple days that I’m waiting for sellers documents, and today I almost bid on a BCV contract!!
My wife says I need an intervention.
Then, when we found out friends just bought both BCV & BWV this month, she says : “maybe we should add on at BCV too”😂

It’s BLT that is causing me to keep almost hitting send. If BLT breaks the $120 barrier, I think I’m going to have to. I still maintain BLT is the best resort for SAP at that price.
BLT at $120/point with a 2060 end date, makes it a great SAP resort. And dues $7.42 aren't bad, better than SSR. Then again VGF points are getting close to SAP range as well.......... who would have thought that 6 months ago!!!!!!

I'm curious if this still happens with DVC offering credit towards a contract if you're there on a cash stay. Is anyone still hearing/seeing this?

We've got a cash visit coming up soon at GF that we scheduled before getting bit by the DVC bug. We do want to add-on Direct VGF points so that'd be very interesting, but I'm curious if they only offer (or previously only offered) that deal if you were *not* already a member. Not that we are yet, but if our BCV contract passes ROFR (knock on wood) then I expect we would be DVC Members by the time of our GF cash visit, just not VGF owners.

Can anyone dash my wishful thinking on that?

I'm curious if this still happens with DVC offering credit towards a contract if you're there on a cash stay. Is anyone still hearing/seeing this?

We've got a cash visit coming up soon at GF that we scheduled before getting bit by the DVC bug. We do want to add-on Direct VGF points so that'd be very interesting, but I'm curious if they only offer (or previously only offered) that deal if you were *not* already a member. Not that we are yet, but if our BCV contract passes ROFR (knock on wood) then I expect we would be DVC Members by the time of our GF cash visit, just not VGF owners.

That’s been a sales incentive in the past (it was when we bought in 1997), but AFAIAA it’s not currently offered.

We tried to do this last February and was told they no longer do it. Total bummer at the time. I had spent a pretty penny last trip!

Probably a stupid question, but does the broker send the contract to rofr, or is it the title company?
It depends on the company you use. Some have a department that takes over after the broker gets the 2 parties to agree on terms. The person who drafts the contract then gets both parties to sign and submits. Title company comes in after ROFR, and determines clear title and then moves you on to close.

That's me. I have added 3 contracts since end of January but all at prices I never thought I would see again.:yay:
It's amazing this DVC addonitis. A year ago I thought I was finished and since then have added 4 new resales. Famous last words "I'm done!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter