ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also pretty low in annual dues. Of course we haven't even talked about how amazing Wilderness Lodge is as a resort. No one, not even Disney, makes resorts like these anymore. CCV for the win!
When we bought some direct points @ 225 a point the ROFR average/floor was 179. The fact they threw in 2021 points and allowed us to bank them narrowed the gap enough to make us bite. I will say that with current direct prices and ROFR going down a bit to the 160s makes it worth doing the dance to try and get some resale.

If they decide to do an incentive program on CCV and lower the price a bit if you buy 300 ish points would be very tempting.

It's also pretty low in annual dues. Of course we haven't even talked about how amazing Wilderness Lodge is as a resort. No one, not even Disney, makes resorts like these anymore. CCV for the win!
All the talk of unthemed of the new refurbishment. I think it’s very hard to untheme a resort like WL. I’d have bought more points if the studio and the one bedroom sleep 5. CCV is not a popular for rental for some reason. I think owners use it for themselves mostly.

sigmachi272---$110-$17265-150-BWV-Feb-150/22, 300/23, 150/24, 150/25- sent 1/3 - awaiting Disney's approval
Is the owner gonna book something for you to use before 1/31? Did you guys get creative in negotiations? Still a solid deal ignoring them tho. If you haven’t ask the broker to get you 2 in contact maybe?

sigmachi272---$110-$17265-150-BWV-Feb-150/22, 300/23, 150/24, 150/25- sent 1/3 - awaiting Disney's approval
Excellent offer, I was watching that contract, glad to see they accepted less than it was offered for. Good Luck

CCV is not a popular for rental for some reason. I think owners use it for themselves mostly.
Perhaps. But it’s what most of us bought into DVC for? 🙂 Believe me. I would love to own a highly desired rental place like BCV but the financial value just isn’t there, either for personal use or renting.

CCV is not a popular for rental for some reason.
Really? I had no clue. We are brand new CC owners and plan to always use those points. However, I could see times where we might want to rent occasionally. We have never had a problem renting our Polynesian points if the need arose. Will CC points just receive no interest?

Really? I had no clue. We are brand new CC owners and plan to always use those points. However, I could see times where we might want to rent occasionally. We have never had a problem renting our Polynesian points if the need arose. Will CC points just receive no interest?
From what I have seen it has more interest than SSR and OKW. But the monorail resorts, EPCOT resorts and AKV are the most popular ones from the inquiries I have gotten and have seen online. Look at the Disney ads... either the monorail, the skyliner or savannah view are featured in all resort ads.

That was my experience in the past as I had bought a loaded CCV contract and had points , i would not use. Placed them on one of the main rental sites and no takers in the 7-11 month range. So one can rent them easily under 7 months just apparently not a lot of demand for CCV for the extra income before 7 months out.

I think if you get a reservation at Christmas people are interested.

Wife and I bought 75 pts in 2018 sight unseen for CCV. (Honeymoon and being on a cruise got us), first stay there is later this month so hoping to enjoy CCV.

Mrsp---$66-$10600-150-VB-Dec-0/21, 150/22, 150/23, 150/24-Subsidised- sent 12/9
Seller pays 22 dues, buyer pays 23
Passed 12/28

Contract cancelled 1/05 - incorrect listing - ho hum!
I assume it's not said in the contract then?

No, very odd, the dues were listed as subsidised in the contract but not on the closing docs - the seller said they were paying subsidised but Disney wound not confirm
Im surprised Disney didn’t catch that during ROFR process.

Sorry you had to experience that.

I don’t even have to guess the broker.

Im surprised Disney didn’t catch that during ROFR process.

Sorry you had to experience that.

I don’t even have to guess the broker.
Yes, need to double check everything - a bit annoying as we wanted a subsidised vero for the beach houses. Will keep looking - there’s some great loaded contracts out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter