ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m trying to figure this one out: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/listings/vero-beach/vba1231/
It’s a September UY Vero beach, with 0 2022 points available, 0 2023 points available, and 0 2024 points available. It doesn’t appear to be a mistake because the ad references the seller giving a credit for the 2024 dues. THe points can’t have been borrowed into the 2023 use year and used because it’s not September yet, and there are no restrictions on close date indicating that the account currently has an active booking. It is too soon for the points to have been transferred. What am I missing?

I’m trying to figure this one out: https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/listings/vero-beach/vba1231/
It’s a September UY Vero beach, with 0 2022 points available, 0 2023 points available, and 0 2024 points available. It doesn’t appear to be a mistake because the ad references the seller giving a credit for the 2024 dues. THe points can’t have been borrowed into the 2023 use year and used because it’s not September yet, and there are no restrictions on close date indicating that the account currently has an active booking. It is too soon for the points to have been transferred. What am I missing?
Probably a transfer out, but I believe ABD and DCL reservations using points can book several UYs out.

We just went through this process with First American a few weeks ago and it was great. I called our officer to check in about a week after we wired funds, and they transferred me right to her desk. Your officer's name will be on the paperwork and the phone number can be found on their vacation ownership website. Just google it.
Thank you! How long after rofr did you hear from first American? Or did papers just show up? When in the process did you wire funds?

You can transfer the next year's points - so since we are in the September 2023 use year, they transferred 2024 already. They may have another membership or transferred them to someone else. I listed a VGC contract back in August and transferred 2 years worth of points to another one of my memberships.

Seller bought a loaded contract and used/rented/transferred all the points out then flipping it.

Well that was unexpected. Instead of SSR that I had planned, or OKWE that my wife wanted, I submitted a lowball BLT offer and it came back accepted less than a half an hour later. Clearly I found someone who really wanted out of their contract. I don't trust it will pass ROFR, or that they won't decide tomorrow that they accepted in a drunken stupor but for now, happy to have a contract, already sent the deposit in.

Well that was unexpected. Instead of SSR that I had planned, or OKWE that my wife wanted, I submitted a lowball BLT offer and it came back accepted less than a half an hour later. Clearly I found someone who really wanted out of their contract. I don't trust it will pass ROFR, or that they won't decide tomorrow that they accepted in a drunken stupor but for now, happy to have a contract, already sent the deposit in.
How much did you low ball em for?

Passed today..our first resale. We are direct Boardwalk. Thrilled, we used DVC Market. I am jealous of all the better deals people are getting, but I am still thrilled with our purchase! Estoppel was issued at the same time.

laborowski---$122-$20319-150-SSR-Mar-0/21, 0/22, 300/23, 150/24- sent 1/11/23, passed 1/25/23
I am working with the same broker and have been very happy with them so far.

Edit: I got confused. I am working with a different broker. So many have similar names.

Last edited:
You can transfer the next year's points - so since we are in the September 2023 use year, they transferred 2024 already. They may have another membership or transferred them to someone else. I listed a VGC contract back in August and transferred 2 years worth of points to another one of my memberships.
Im confused. Aren’t we in the September 2022 use year right now?

How low? I thought the same about my blt offer and it just passed rofr!

I can see where it might take some time for both brokers and sellers to accept the lower prices we are reading about.

I did a search of the BLT sales from 01/01/2023 through 01/25/2023.

Since these are the only public records currently available this is the information the seller sees.

51 contracts
10 taken back by Disney
1 by Monera
7 exempt sales between family
33 sales 7 were direct 26 were resale

Most of the resale price points were over $160 with several in the high $150's

The drop to the $130's will take some time before it becomes an acceptable offer to anyone not desperate to sell

Last edited:
How much did you low ball em for?
How low? I thought the same about my blt offer and it just passed rofr!
$130 PP, 160 pt. Full 160 banked into this years, so 320 in 2023. Will put the full details once they sign off and it gets sent for ROFR. Sad part is the 37 points that expire at the end of January going to waste.

DixieBri--$158-$20,427-125--VGF-Feb-0/22, 250/23,125/24- sent 1/5

DixieBri--$158-$20,427-125-VGF-Feb-0/22, 250/23,125/24- sent 1/5

Not a duplicate - two contracts bought from the same seller. Also just had an offer accepted for $130 on BCV - just need to sign the contract today and then will update - hopefully passes ROFR!
Congrats! I wanted one of those but was too slow to commit lol.

$130 PP, 160 pt. Full 160 banked into this years, so 320 in 2023. Will put the full details once they sign off and it gets sent for ROFR. Sad part is the 37 points that expire at the end of January going to waste.
Mine just passed rofr at 133.33pp! I thought there would be no way it would pass. So you never know! I also think I got lucky and found someone that just wanted to get rid of their contract.

I will be looking for yours when the deed is docketed.
What does that mean? Does that mean when it transfers to me and is in my name? How long does that usually take to happen? I see people talking about estoppels too, which I have no idea what that is. I haven't heard anything from the title company yet. I received an email from fidelity yesterday that says to watch for paperwork from the title company within 2 weeks and that the faster I get them signed and back, the faster it will close. But that's all I've gotten so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter