ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 747717

There is a new advertisement on this thread that is taking up most of the page, leaving the thread replies to be squished together and therefore the entire page to be very long :( Is this happening for anyone else? Am not sure if its just me or where to escalate if not? (not complaining about the ad at all, just the width of it taking up the whole screen and making it impossible to read!)

ETA another screenshot that's hopefully better at describing what I'm seeing than my words:
View attachment 747720
Yes it's happening for me too.

I think $100 is a great initial bid with room to negotiate. I couldn't seem to get any BCV sellers to go lower than $130 (I usually opened with an offer of $115) so that's what we finally agreed on after offering on several
That’s a waste of the agents time as well as the seller and yours, frankly. She doesn’t want to lose your business so she’s not going to tell you that.

That’s a waste of the agents time as well as the seller and yours, frankly. She doesn’t want to lose your business so she’s not going to tell you that.
How so? It might take a couple minutes for each party to do their thing in this situation. If the offer is accepted, great. If not, great. But in today’s market, it is absolutely worth the effort.

How so? It might take a couple minutes for each party to do their thing in this situation. If the offer is accepted, great. If not, great. But in today’s market, it is absolutely worth the effort.
You’re assuming the seller responds on first correspondence, I’m not sure I’d even respond if I were them. Unless I’m reading the original post incorrectly, the list is $150/pt or more and the offer is $100/pt which wouldn’t even pass ROFR even with current buyback stats. Having sold and bought multiple times those offers are not really taken seriously by the agents and it usually comes with “I’m sorry but I have to submit every offer” they don’t take them seriously and have terms for people that submit them, some more nice then others.

You’re assuming the seller responds on first correspondence, I’m not sure I’d even respond if I were them. Unless I’m reading the original post incorrectly, the list is $150/pt or more and the offer is $100/pt which wouldn’t even pass ROFR even with current buyback stats. Having sold and bought multiple times those offers are not really taken seriously by the agents and it usually comes with “I’m sorry but I have to submit every offer” they don’t take them seriously and have terms for people that submit them, some more nice then others.
If you have been trying to sell your contract for over a month, wouldn't you want to at least respond and see if you could negotiate a better price????? We responded to a buyer who was $20/point lower than our asking price this fall and got it sold for a reasonable price within a week. Most of the current pricing on brokers websites are ridiculous in this economy and with no ROFR in site, prices will continue to fall. The ridiculous inflated prices on most brokers sites happened over the past 2 years and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Last edited:
If you have been trying to sell your contract for over a month, wouldn't you want to at least respond and see if you could negotiate a better price????? We responded to a buyer who was $20/point lower than our asking price this fall and got it sold for a reasonable price within a week. Most of the current pricing on brokers websites are ridiculous in this economy and with no ROFR in site, prices will continue to fall. The ridiculous inflated prices on most brokers sites happened over the past 2 years and should be taken seriously.
A person bidding 33% below the ask is not looking to buy at a reasonable price nor does anyone take them seriously despite what anyone might tell that person. Frankly, I’d be embarrassed to admit I submitted that. Time is the most precious commodity on earth. I’d be more careful with how I used it or used others.

A person bidding 33% below the ask is not looking to buy at a reasonable price nor does anyone take them seriously despite what anyone might tell that person. Frankly, I’d be embarrassed to admit I submitted that. Time is the most precious commodity on earth. I’d be more careful with how I used it or used others.

I never was offended by low offers when I was selling. I knew buyers wanted a deal and I got that.

Even my most current offer was $40 less than asking and we got within $30. I didn’t buy but You just never know!

Last edited:

I respectfully disagree.
If the seller has a price that is so unreasonably higher than current averages, and a listing that is 7 months old, maybe they need a ping once in a while to see if they seriously want to sell or not.

Here is the experience I've had when looking to negotiation on price - IF the listing has been up for longer than 5 months and the price is so far beyond what the market is trending currently you chuckle at the absurdity of the price - I would not waste anyones time. Those sellers are firm on their price and won't even entertain any offeres. No matter if you think your low-ball offer will make them see reason or be realisic about what they're asking. They honestly don't care if it sells. There is a reason their Poly/VGF/BLT etc.. is listed at $175-200+++ (reduced price label included) and has been listed for over 5 months. I'm sure they've had MULTIPLE offers from people over that time; however, no amount of lowball or even reasonable offers will make a dent. The only way to go is to ignore that listing and move on to someone who has a resonable asking price based on the current resale market. Those listings don't last long. The CCV we just bought was listed for less than 24H because they had a resonable aksing price and we provided a decent offer based on what we were willing to pay ( we were only $20/pp apart) and they accepted with no negotiating required. If you are able to land one of those long time hold out, super pricey White Whales - Congratulations & I salute your skills!!! I have had no such luck or even a willingness to negotiate . I just got a flat NO! However, if you're just in it for the sheer entertainment value of what respose you will get - happy hunting as well I guess.

How long do you all wait before pestering the agent about ROFR status? Ours was sent in 3/6 and based on what is being reported here, it seems kind of long.

Here is the experience I've had when looking to negotiation on price - IF the listing has been up for longer than 5 months and the price is so far beyond what the market is trending currently you chuckle at the absurdity of the price - I would not waste anyones time. Those sellers are firm on their price and won't even entertain any offeres. No matter if you think your low-ball offer will make them see reason or be realisic about what they're asking. They honestly don't care if it sells. There is a reason their Poly/VGF/BLT etc.. is listed at $175-200+++ (reduced price label included) and has been listed for over 5 months. I'm sure they've had MULTIPLE offers from people over that time; however, no amount of lowball or even reasonable offers will make a dent. The only way to go is to ignore that listing and move on to someone who has a resonable asking price based on the current resale market. Those listings don't last long. The CCV we just bought was listed for less than 24H because they had a resonable aksing price and we provided a decent offer based on what we were willing to pay ( we were only $20/pp apart) and they accepted with no negotiating required. If you are able to land one of those long time hold out, super pricey White Whales - Congratulations & I salute your skills!!! I have had no such luck or even a willingness to negotiate . I just got a flat NO! However, if you're just in it for the sheer entertainment value of what respose you will get - happy hunting as well I guess.
I wouldn't immediately rule out high-price, 5-month+ listings. Last year, I was able to get an offer accepted for VGF at $158 that was originally listed at $195pp then reduced to $185pp after VGF2 came online and was on the market for like 6 months. And I'm currently going through ROFR for a loaded BRV contract at $75 that was listed at $105 and was sitting for 11 months.

The majority of owners will not entertain offers or will not negotiate with such a low starting price, but it's all a numbers game and you just have to keep submitting "lowball" offers until one sticks. And based on my experience, sometimes the most reasonable asking price contracts are more firm on their prices.

I wouldn't immediately rule out high-price, 5-month+ listings. Last year, I was able to get an offer accepted for VGF at $158 that was originally listed at $195pp then reduced to $185pp after VGF2 came online and was on the market for like 6 months. And I'm currently going through ROFR for a loaded BRV contract at $75 that was listed at $105 and was sitting for 11 months.

The majority of owners will not entertain offers or will not negotiate with such a low starting price, but it's all a numbers game and you just have to keep submitting "lowball" offers until one sticks. And based on my experience, sometimes the most reasonable asking price contracts are more firm on their prices.
Congrats for last year!!! I could not get any long term listed -high offer to even negotiate. Every seller is different. Doesn't hurt to try - I know I did for a bit and gave up. None were willing to even talk on price. Everyone has their number and time to wait it out. We just had much better luck with more recent listings than the hold outs. I am enjoying hearing about some of the responses people are getting. Great deal on the BRV btw! That may be the lowest I've seen.

Last edited:
I signed the initial paperwork on our contract last week and didn’t hear anything so reached out to the contract coordinator asking what the hold up was, if we missed something on our end. She replied and said everything had been signed by the sellers as well and we’d get a notification when the case was sent to rofr. I still hadn’t got a notification that our contract was sent to rofr so I called the actual broker as the coordinator has been unresponsive and difficult to deal with. I left the broker a voicemail and didn’t hear back but later got an automated email that the sellers signed after my call was made to the broker. So the coordinator had lied to me last week about everything being signed. Also the sellers dragged their feet on signing. Would it be wrong of me to back out at this point? I’ve found another contract that works better but it is with the same broker. Things have just been so slow on this one without any sort of reason when I check in, I’m not feeling great about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter