ROFR Thread January - March 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
$90 AKV, 100 points Oct UY. 16 points banked from 2016, so 116 available Oct 2017 - sent to disney on 2/17, passed today.

This is our first contract, and we are SO EXCITED! with a little luck, we should be able to get to the reservation tool right around the 7 month mark for our November trip.

$90 AKV, 100 points Oct UY. 16 points banked from 2016, so 116 available Oct 2017 - sent to disney on 2/17, passed today.

This is our first contract, and we are SO EXCITED! with a little luck, we should be able to get to the reservation tool right around the 7 month mark for our November trip.
Congrats! I'm getting nervous out AKL is $78 pp. I am seeing a lot north of $85 going through and it's making me nervous.

Congrats! I'm getting nervous out AKL is $78 pp. I am seeing a lot north of $85 going through and it's making me nervous.

It's not all about the money - it has to do with how the Resort is broken into "units" which don't affect us as users, so it seems very random. The ROFR reports I've seen show only 2 or 3 AKL contracts being taken each month in Jan & Feb, so hopefully you'll be ok!

Good Luck! The waiting is the hardest part! But, even though we know we've cleared that hurdle, there's still a long wait for Estoppel, closing paperwork, filing deed, then waiting again for Disney to get our membership number. But, at least we know now that it will happen for sure.

It's not all about the money - it has to do with how the Resort is broken into "units" which don't affect us as users, so it seems very random. The ROFR reports I've seen show only 2 or 3 AKL contracts being taken each month in Jan & Feb, so hopefully you'll be ok!

Good Luck! The waiting is the hardest part! But, even though we know we've cleared that hurdle, there's still a long wait for Estoppel, closing paperwork, filing deed, then waiting again for Disney to get our membership number. But, at least we know now that it will happen for sure.
I've read use Year has a lot to do with it too! Since our contract isn't fully loaded I'm hoping for some good news!

Papihavana---$70-$8296-100-SSR-Apr-0/15, 0/16, 100/17, 100/18- sent 2/10 First contract!

The only difference is one has double the the points and the other you get it sooner. But my theory is I can borrow half the points and go in December 2017 anyway.

gryhndmom---$132.5-$7536-50-BLT-Dec-50/16, 50/17, 50/18- sent 3/6

Well... decided to go for this little beauty to keep us from borrowing points from use year to use year. Keeping fingers crossed but feel confident that the mouse won't take this one!

Woohoo!

Nerdyjules---$79-$17118-200-AKV-Sep-0/16, 229/17, 200/18-Seller pays closing- sent 2/21, passed 3/6

Wasn't expecting that so quick, what a great thing to wake up to! (Overseas buyer). Because seller pays closing it's actually closer to $77 pp.

(I might share that I received a small inheritance, just a bit under the purchase price, with explicit instructions to put it towards a thing - some thing (not just paying down debt or saving, unless there was dire need) that would keep my beautiful grandparents a part of my life in the future. And I hummed and hawed for a long time until I learned about DVC and then found through resale I could actually get a useful number of points with what was left to me (coming from overseas - and other side of the globe overseas - you really need to come for at least a week to make the 24 hour each way journey worth while).

I'm a total Dis Nut - have been my whole life, so was Pretty motivated once I put two and two together! But I also have so many nieces and nephews, also spread around the world - who I want to share my love of Dis with - but again the big overseas trip has always been just beyond everyone's means. Anyway, DH and I just got to tell the first Sis and Bro in law (with two wonderful daughters) about our pending timeshare, and invite them on our first trip - and their reaction alone was worth it all!)

Woohoo!

Nerdyjules---$79-$17118-200-AKV-Sep-0/16, 229/17, 200/18-Seller pays closing- sent 2/21, passed 3/6

Wasn't expecting that so quick, what a great thing to wake up to! (Overseas buyer). Because seller pays closing it's actually closer to $77 pp.

(I might share that I received a small inheritance, just a bit under the purchase price, with explicit instructions to put it towards a thing - some thing (not just paying down debt or saving, unless there was dire need) that would keep my beautiful grandparents a part of my life in the future. And I hummed and hawed for a long time until I learned about DVC and then found through resale I could actually get a useful number of points with what was left to me (coming from overseas - and other side of the globe overseas - you really need to come for at least a week to make the 24 hour each way journey worth while).

I'm a total Dis Nut - have been my whole life, so was Pretty motivated once I put two and two together! But I also have so many nieces and nephews, also spread around the world - who I want to share my love of Dis with - but again the big overseas trip has always been just beyond everyone's means. Anyway, DH and I just got to tell the first Sis and Bro in law (with two wonderful daughters) about our pending timeshare, and invite them on our first trip - and their reaction alone was worth it all!)
Congrats! Wonderful news and a wonderful way to use the money!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter