ROFR Thread January - March 2017 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems excessive. On the one I just bought from the day I put in the offer to logging on and making my first booking was a total of 5 weeks 2 days. So 30 days for closing docs doesn't seem right to me.

Disney waived ROFR on 12/4/15 for us on our first contract. We didn't get the documents from the title company until 1/5/16 which was 32 days later. We didn't close until over a month later. All-in-all, it took over 3 months from start to finish. It can be a LONG and painful process!

I know people are getting nervous when they see contracts being taken but please don't. My first one was taken when it was a much less attractive deal to others that passed and my second one passed when more expensive contracts (one which is actually identical to my contract in terms of everything except it was $2 more per point) that where all sent to ROFR on the same day got taken. There really is no way of knowing until you get that email/call

Couldn't agree more. I was set on BLT and had knew what price I wanted to pay. I didn't get one through ROFR until the 4th try! The contracts were almost all identical as far as banked points and price. I know what it's like to start talking yourself into a different resort or trying to stretch your budget, just be persistent and stick to your plan.

experiment403---$62-$2490-30-VB-Dec-30/16, 30/17, 30/18- sent 2/17, passed 3/6

So excited for this add on :)

Wow...that's cool. Surprised to see such a low price on small points. I need to know where you're looking/finding. Most of the small point listing I've seen are very high cost per point. Congratulations!!!! :dogdance:

We passed ROFR!! OMG! I am beyond excited and am in complete and utter shock! I had convinced myself that the mouse would definitely be taking our contract and then - on my son's 3rd Birthday, of all days, Disney approved our contract! This is our first DVC and we are so ecstatic! What an amazing birthday present from Mickey!

disneyrunnermama-$78-$19813-230-SSR-Sept-230/16, 230/17, 230/18-sent 2/22, passed 3/9. We actually had the seller bank the 2016 points. So I guess the formatting might be more like 460/17, 230/18.

There is hope for all of my fellow SSRs!! Let this be a sign of encouragement to you all :love:

Last edited:
Wow...that's cool. Surprised to see such a low price on small points. I need to know where you're looking/finding. Most of the small point listing I've seen are very high cost per point. Congratulations!!!!
That's not a particularly low price for VB. VB typically sells in the low $50's.

We passed ROFR!! OMG! I am beyond excited and am in complete and utter shock! I had convinced myself that the mouse would definitely be taking our contract and then - on my son's 3rd Birthday, of all days, Disney approved our contract! This is our first DVC and we are so ecstatic! What an amazing birthday present from Mickey!

disneyrunnermama-$78-$19813-230-SSR-Sept-230/16, 230/17, 230/18-sent 2/22, passed 3/9. We actually had the seller bank the 2016 points. So I guess the formatting might be more like 460/17, 230/18.

There is hope for all of my fellow SSRs!! Let this be a sign of encouragement to you all :love:

Congrats. Enjoy your new resort!

Very disappointed but my contract was taken by Disney. Back to square one. Have to decide if I want to pursue another contract...

tds1---$84-$18849-200-BWV-Sep-141/16, 200/17, 200/18- sent 2/13, taken 3/6
Sorry to hear that! I'm waiting on BWV myself.

Congrats!!!!

This seems excessive. On the one I just bought from the day I put in the offer to logging on and making my first booking was a total of 5 weeks 2 days. So 30 days for closing docs doesn't seem right to me.

We are currently closing on our first resale. We were told 21-28 days to get the closing docs, and it took something like 18. So it's not that excessive!

You beat me to it- I bid on the same contract! :sad:FANTASTIC deal on a small contract, good luck

HAHA i bid as soon as i saw the email come out! I am hoping our ROFR wait isnt much longer but because its loaded i am nervous! If your last name is Connor this is too funny! My maiden was Connor.

We're waiting on one from 2/22. It's excruciating seeing others that have passed that were submitted afterward. I guess if it's taken we can always look for the next great BWV contract.

My broker told me that people hear back on the ones that Disney knows they do not want pretty quickly. Everything else goes into a "maybe" pile and needs to be looked at a little bit closer. He said it doesn't mean anything one way or another. Whenever he's had them in the maybe pile, it's about 50/50 on whether they will exercise ROFR. This most recent one that was listed as passed on cannot close until 6/29 which is a good strategy to target because Disney doesn't want to wait that long. Just know that you have someone else waiting in ROFR Purgatory with you. Stay strong! :D (If there was an emoji of a power fist, I would have used it!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter