• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Thread January to March 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually if it’s about escrow it’s because you didn’t pass and they want to know if you want a refund or to keep it on account so you can try again. That has been my experience.

The paperwork says it’s to verify the name for the title. It also has written in bold that if I change anything it will prompt the right of first refusal process to start over again. Nothing about a refund.

The paperwork says it’s to verify the name for the title. It also has written in bold that if I change anything it will prompt the right of first refusal process to start over again. Nothing about a refund.
Got this today too (sent mine on March 7th). I think it's for the title company, nothing to do with ROFR.

I just received an email from the title company about escrow. I’m guessing this means I passed ROFR? I just sent a message to my agent to verify. Will update when I hear back. FYI, mine was sent on 3/4
I found this: (See #6)...
dvcfan.com/2019/12/03/a-guide-to-the-many-waits-of-buying-a-resale-contract/

Does that sound like what happened?

I know you’re joking, but man, I really did enjoy my direct buying experience way more than resale. Having points pop up in my account like within hours of giving the guide my down payment was so nice. I just try not to think about the extra $$ I could have saved and so far no regrets. I don’t know if I can handle having ROFR monster take my contracts over and over again. Especially when there’s no real rhyme or reason on what they take. But there’s no way I want to pay direct prices for 2042 so here I am.. waiting with u all.

How funny as we're all different. I'm completely the opposite here as I feel much more fond about our resale contracts! :goodvibes

I just received an email from the title company about escrow. I’m guessing this means I passed ROFR? I just sent a message to my agent to verify. Will update when I hear back. FYI, mine was sent on 3/4
The title company just got back to me. She said this is a preliminary document to verify the info is correct on the form as well as choose your tenancy.

So looks like I’m still waiting!

Agree and doing the same here. On one hand I am thankful there is nothing out there to give me buyers remorse as I wait on ROFR. On the other hand it worries me that if Disney buys my current contract back I would settle for something less than desirable as a rebound lol.
Same! There hasn’t been anything better but also prices seem like they’ve gone up a bit since it went to ROFR so now possibly considering a whole different game plan if it doesn’t pass. Lately there have been so many stripped contracts being posted without points until 2023! We are wanting to go next year so we have some time but we are also planning on using points that are either banked or borrowed to make it happen.
We are also in the same boat. We want to go in late 2022 using points banked from 2021. Very concerned all the current available AKV contracts are stripped. We felt one of ours contracts at $108/point was vulnerable but it was the asking price! Ours were submitted 3/8 and 3/9 so getting close to hearing maybe. Fingers crossed for all of us.

Find myself waiting again many years after the last attempt.. Let's see how it goes!

MinnieB---$165-$17245-100-VGF-Aug-0/20, 100/21, 100/22- sent 3/2

Heard back today! Good luck to those still waiting. I believe there are some very similar contracts in ROFR right now!

MinnieB---$165-$17245-100-VGF-Aug-0/20, 100/21, 100/22- sent 3/2, passed 3/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter