ROFR Thread July to Sept 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, and I understand that this will not likely be a popular view point, but I don’t find it all that helpful to have such stringent rules for posting for the string. So much that I don’t even really look at the beginning of the thread and just look at the posts as they come (which I would add is super unhelpful when I get a notice for a new posting, but it is just someone telling them to click the link in the first post) I can tell what they are trying to convey whether they meet the formatting requirements. I would also add that a properly formatted string doesn’t actually convey accurate information. The price per point does not generally correlate to what people are actually paying per point and gives a false sense of people paying less than they are actually paying. Again, not trying to offend, just trying to point out that maybe the stringent formatting guidelines aren’t as useful as they are made out to be. I personally only look at the posts as they are posted and then have to do the mental math myself to see what people are actually paying per point because the string does not actually convey that without additional math. Also the string generator will not even generate a string in some circumstances, for instance, like when a seller gives a credit for future MFs. If you put the price/point the contract was listed at and then actually put the total price you are paying, there will be an error because the math doesn’t work out and it won’t give you a string.

This thread is immensely helpful, but sometimes way too hard to just post simple information that people can digest on their own. I wonder if we wouldn’t get more information if people weren’t required to meet an exact format that doesn’t necessarily give simple information that doesn’t require more analysis. And I know there is a string generator to do the work for you, but on a lot of computers/networks it doesn’t work.

Again, not trying to offend or make those mad who run this thread. I have been closely following these threads for years and have used them to buy numerous resale contracts in the past two years. But I haven’t used them in the way they purport to be useful. Just my 2 cents...

I completely agree. I am still bruised by the condescending and quite aggressive rebuke I received when I apparently did not use precisely the exact format demanded.

Just had my first contract ROFRd by Disney. :(

skier_pete - $109-$18091-160-AKV-Dec-0/18,1/19,160/20, sent 7/21, taken 8/9

Could you format that with the link in post #1 so it can go on the list? Sorry they bought it back. (I hear AKV is a dump anyway. 😅 J/k)

I completely agree. I am still bruised by the condescending and quite aggressive rebuke I received when I apparently did not use precisely the exact format demanded.

Beazle
Beazle - $89 – $ 31150, - 350 - BRV @ WL- Sep -3/19, 350/20 - sent 5/12 –passed 6/20.

Scubacat
Could you reformat that for the list with the link in post#1?

Is this the response you are referring to?

OK - I tried to figure out what i missed.
I find your posts so incredibly helpful, most of all the Availability analysis, that I will gladly fix your string for you :).

I'm sorry your AKL got taken. It's our favourite resort and we had to try five times this round before one squeaked through when we were trying to buy more points.

skier_pete---$109-$18091-160-AKV-Dec-0/17, 0/18, 1/19, 160/20- sent 7/21, taken 8/8

Newbie here. Got add-on-itis and found this thread. Posting my history from this year in my quest to get our first contract which was finally successful on the third attempt. Under agreement for an add on and will post that once contract is signed and submitted.

Pescatch---$148-$30501-200-VGF-Feb-0/18, 290/19, 200/20, 200/21- sent 12/27, taken 1/25

Pescatch---$147-$37735-250-VGF-Jun-160/18, 331/19, 250/20, 250/21- sent 1/30, taken 3/5

Pescatch---$160-$34312-200-VGF-Aug-0/18, 264/19, 200/20, 200/21- sent 3/13, passed 3/27
I'm so sorry, but we always get the past threads locked to avoid confusion with which thread to use for the current postings. I won't be able to add these. I'm sorry you had two out of three taken, though :(!

I'm very sorry you felt that way. It looks like a simple thing, but believe me @pangyal volunteers a LOT of time to maintain that list. If you don't agree with how we're doing it, I honestly don't know what to say to that.

I find your posts so incredibly helpful, most of all the Availability analysis, that I will gladly fix your string for you :).

I'm sorry your AKL got taken. It's our favourite resort and we had to try five times this round before one squeaked through when we were trying to buy more points.

skier_pete---$109-$18091-160-AKV-Dec-0/17, 0/18, 1/19, 160/20- sent 7/21, taken 8/8

Thank you. Still not sure what I missed.

I'm so sorry, but we always get the past threads locked to avoid confusion with which thread to use for the current postings. I won't be able to add these. I'm sorry you had two out of three taken, though :(!
No worries at all. Just figured I would pass along the data points in case anyone wanted.

The first taken one was painful since we were prior to the January changes with that one.

Thank you. Still not sure what I missed.
There were spaces that should have been there (between the use years) that were not, so the sections with the commas would pull incorrectly for anyone who was trying to import into a spreadsheet. There were also spaces that were there that should not have been, so again, it would have created different formatting and would not display properly. The placeholder hyphens also had extra spaces around them in each spot. Hope this helps! Not a big deal at all, but you were wondering :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter