ROFR Thread July to Sept 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always reading these incredibly low purchase prices here, but I'm not sure its an accurate sample of the prices most people, who are not on these boards, are actually paying. I too felt that I had overpaid after subscribing to this thread!
This board will skew your thoughts about what people are paying. Like anything, there are deals to be had by sellers that are desperate to sell or going through non primary DVC brokers. But the vast majority of DVC sales through the main brokers all fall within a pretty tight $ per point when adjusting for who pays dues and banked/striped etc. You can find those low deals, but you may spend months trying to find the right size, use year etc. Others are either fairly lucky, or have spent that amount of time.

JavaDuck---$199-$40520-200-VGC-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 0/21, 200/22-seller pays MF20&21- sent 9/28

We (me + @UrsulaWantsYourSoul )ended up putting an offer in on our first resale sooner than expected, but when this contract came available that matches the use year of our direct Riviera contract we bought this summer, we couldn't say no. No points until 2022, but with two big WDW trips planned in 2021, we will survive
Awesome! That's the dream combo for us too. DH and I have RVA and want to eventually own at VGC--staying in style at Disney coast to coast! Fingers crossed for you and @UrsulaWantsYourSoul

You got a great price, makes me sad to think of my poor $95 150pt that got taken....sigh, what could have been
By the way use the format tool on first page of thread to get this added to the list.
I did use the tool but had to modify the total cost as I don't know the closing costs the buyer is paying (since I'm the seller).

As for the price, we did OK, however, BWV fluctuates a lot, and I find August UY to be difficult to find and generally has higher cost per point than other Use Years (for the properties I look for at least).

LOL! I may be your buyer - I have the exact same contract (price, points, use year, ROFR date). If so, closing costs are $610.
May well be! $610 sounds about right with Jeffrey Sweet doing the closing (his office is great to work with BTW, have done several closings with him).

This board will skew your thoughts about what people are paying. Like anything, there are deals to be had by sellers that are desperate to sell or going through non primary DVC brokers. But the vast majority of DVC sales through the main brokers all fall within a pretty tight $ per point when adjusting for who pays dues and banked/striped etc. You can find those low deals, but you may spend months trying to find the right size, use year etc. Others are either fairly lucky, or have spent that amount of time.
Thank you for these thoughts! Some of these posted deals can also give rise to unrealistic expectations if you want to buy DVC sooner rather than later.

Been very quiet on here in terms of approvals, submitted mine on 13th September, was hoping ROFR would pick up a little!

Now I feel like I am complete. Got my BCV 50 point contract and now I am all finished with adding on

Rustygirl84---$169-$9597-50-BCV-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 50/21- sent 9/29/2020

Haha, all finished with adding on. That's the funniest post of the day!!! I just added on 50 at BWV to my 100 at PVB, and last night I had a dream I added on 50 more to VGF. Our good friend Walt says, if you can dream it, you can do it! I wonder if he was factoring in people who have wives that are far more practical and mature than them...

ALOOOOOHA!! :jumping1:

We found out we passed late yesterday afternoon on our first (and only) contract at our beloved Poly! It was a strange day because it seemed like nobody was hearing news about rofr, and I expected to see lots of activity on this thread (which I have been stalking obsessively!), especially with it being a Tuesday. Then there was all the sad news about the Disney Cast Member lay-offs, which was so devastating (our prayers are with them and all the people suffering through so much right now). And so much cognitive dissonance that I still wanted to hear good personal news. I had literally JUST texted DH with "since when is there a Tuesday without rofr decisions?"...and I got the e-mail less than 5 minutes later! Total wait time 32 days.

DVCanonymouse---$130-$25480-190-PVB-Aug-0/19, 57/20, 190/21, 190/22-seller pays MF '20- sent 8/28, passed 9/29

Also want to say the total cost entry is different on this string than it was on my original "sent" string on page 80 because I erroneously added the Estoppel in my gleeful frenzy to get it up on August 28th. Hey, it's our first DVC rodeo!

Good luck to those still waiting!

Haha, all finished with adding on. That's the funniest post of the day!!! I just added on 50 at BWV to my 100 at PVB, and last night I had a dream I added on 50 more to VGF. Our good friend Walt says, if you can dream it, you can do it! I wonder if he was factoring in people who have wives that are far more practical and mature than them...

My husband will not be happy if I add on anymore. I just got 3 contracts in the past 4-5 months 🤣

ALOOOOOHA!! :jumping1:

We found out we passed late yesterday afternoon on our first (and only) contract at our beloved Poly! It was a strange day because it seemed like nobody was hearing news about rofr, and I expected to see lots of activity on this thread (which I have been stalking obsessively!), especially with it being a Tuesday. Then there was all the sad news about the Disney Cast Member lay-offs, which was so devastating (our prayers are with them and all the people suffering through so much right now). And so much cognitive dissonance that I still wanted to hear good personal news. I had literally JUST texted DH with "since when is there a Tuesday without rofr decisions?"...and I got the e-mail less than 5 minutes later! Total wait time 32 days.

DVCanonymouse---$130-$25480-190-PVB-Aug-0/19, 57/20, 190/21, 190/22-seller pays MF '20- sent 8/28, passed 9/29

Also want to say the total cost entry is different on this string than it was on my original "sent" string on page 80 because I erroneously added the Estoppel in my gleeful frenzy to get it up on August 28th. Hey, it's our first DVC rodeo!

Good luck to those still waiting!
Congrats!! That's a great price! Welcome Home!

After years and years and years of renting and a lot of hemming and hawing -- we finally took the plunge today. Hopefully this contract passes the Disney sniff test and things work out.

This would be our first DVC purchase if it pans out.

zebsterama---$167-$29235-170-VGF-Mar-0/19, 307/20, 170/21, 170/22-Main paid until 2021- sent 8/25

Cheers

I am happy to report that we passed ROFR today. Yay!! :sunny:

zebsterama---$167-$29235-170-VGF-Mar-0/19, 307/20, 170/21-Main paid until 2021- sent 8/25, passed 9/30

Congrats!! That's a great price! Welcome Home!

Thanks! This gem popped up the day hubby gave me the green light to make an offer (and I don't really think that was a coincidence). We had been watching and researching for months and years...

And thank you so much for our first "Welcome Home!" outside our household. (We've been saying it nonstop to each other for 20 hours now LOL.) :cloud9:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter