ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for more SAB points. Aulani subsidized, Poly resale or something else? East coast based.

Saw an Aulani subsidized in my UY as my first subsidized, super tempting 😂
I didn't think Aulani or Poly had Stormalong Bay :rolleyes1

For SAP, Aulani is going to be less expensive (possibly with higher risk) but with Poly points you can always book a Poly reservation as a banker reservation then modify at 7 months to other resorts.

Put in an
TBH, and I know this might sound weird, but I miss the pain of buying resale. The hunt. Negotiating the deal. The wait. The constant email checking. The elation of passing ROFR. Closing the contract. Fantasizing how you will use these points. The joy of receiving membership number and seeing those glorious points load. Booking your next stay for the first time using your new contract. It totally is like the movie Inside Out for me. And the harder we had to work for it, the greater the joy and reward. Obviously, not all love this process and prefer the immediate satisfaction of buying direct. I used to be that way but I prefer this much more, especially when you get to save money and buy a property you really like, not something Disney wants to push on you. Hang in there. Just embrace the pain because it’s worth it!
I just put in an accepted offer on a 30-point BRV contract, all of 8 weeks after closing my last one...The disease is real.

I didn't think Aulani or Poly had Stormalong Bay :rolleyes1

For SAP, Aulani is going to be less expensive (possibly with higher risk) but with Poly points you can always book a Poly reservation as a banker reservation then modify at 7 months to other resorts.
We have BWV, BLT and VGF already and don’t need 11 months advantage at either location. We need just points for random trips or rental. We don’t mind taking whatever is available at last minute. Poly cost more Initially and higher dues.

We have BWV, BLT and VGF already and don’t need 11 months advantage at either location. We need just points for random trips or rental. We don’t mind taking whatever is available at last minute. Poly cost more Initially and higher dues.
I would think about a transfer in instead for SAP or renting. Less hassle and there are deals that pop up from time to time.

TBH, and I know this might sound weird, but I miss the pain of buying resale. The hunt. Negotiating the deal. The wait. The constant email checking. The elation of passing ROFR. Closing the contract. Fantasizing how you will use these points. The joy of receiving membership number and seeing those glorious points load. Booking your next stay for the first time using your new contract. It totally is like the movie Inside Out for me. And the harder we had to work for it, the greater the joy and reward. Obviously, not all love this process and prefer the immediate satisfaction of buying direct. I used to be that way but I prefer this much more, especially when you get to save money and buy a property you really like, not something Disney wants to push on you. Hang in there. Just embrace the pain because it’s worth it!
This is why I’m always still looking for the best deals. I can’t buy them all, but if someone else says they’re looking for SSR 150 points, I can point them in the right direction!

Don’t we all? haha

Although when my latest resale closes, I think we’re done adding on for awhile. My wife says any more points and we’re going to have to cook instant ramen for meals for our next couple of trips down
I honestly was done, but saw a small contract, my use year, almost fully loaded and already banked into 2023. What are ya gonna do? Since BRV is a 2042 resort, I have 5 or 6 of these smaller contacts that I can decide to peel off if I want before they lose all value (although I kinda look at them like a car you run into the ground and at best can get a couple hundred bucks for from the scrap yard. You don't ALWAYS have to get something back at the end).

Don’t we all? haha

Although when my latest resale closes, I think we’re done adding on for awhile. My wife says any more points and we’re going to have to cook instant ramen for meals for our next couple of trips down to WDW!
“I think we’re done adding on for a while” — famous last words.

I can’t keep track of how many times I’ve said that.

“I think we’re done adding on for a while” — famous last words.

I can’t keep track of how many times I’ve said that.
I actually deleted most of the shortcuts in Chrome for the big resale sites and only left one search engine/aggregator site with my preferences plugged in. The parameters were pretty narrow: February UY, BRV Resort, less than 50 points. I mean, I did TRY not to buy more...

Looking for more SAB points. Aulani subsidized, Poly resale or something else? East coast based.

Saw an Aulani subsidized in my UY as my first subsidized, super tempting 😂
I think Aulani subsidized is a crap value, unless you stumble into a seller who doesn't know what they have. You're looking at a 10+ year break-even.

with Poly points you can always book a Poly reservation as a banker reservation then modify at 7 months to other resorts.
Yeah but your only choice at Poly is an expensive Studio. Your 7 month swap is either going to be to a cheaper studio or a more expensive 1BR+. I don't like the idea of swapping when there's very little chance that the points cost of the new reservation will be anywhere near the points cost of the original reservation. It makes points management super clunky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter