ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting nervous as I watch the asking price per point creep up on CCV. That $165 per Point offer is just not feeling so safe anymore :scared1:

That’s why I put my $165/point offer in today!! I’ve been watching also 🥶 thought we were headed toward recession????
I would never attempt to make a prediction either way, but there are less listings daily. I noticed overall there are maybe 300 less contracts on the market than about a month ago. Not sure how that breaks down for CCV though.

I would never attempt to make a prediction either way, but there are less listings daily. I noticed overall there are maybe 300 less contracts on the market than about a month ago. Not sure how that breaks down for CCV though.
I think CCV is a little unique because it's sold out and it's not a very large resort in terms of total points (just over 3 million). People who want CCV generally LOVE to stay at CCV and are not necessarily buying there for SAP purposes. It also has the longest years left (2068) after Riviera and the last resort to be free from resale restrictions. Since direct CCV price is $240pp, anything under $180pp for resale contracts seem fair game for Disney to ROFR and still make a profit IMO.

I think CCV is a little unique because it's sold out and it's not a very large resort in terms of total points (just over 3 million). People who want CCV generally LOVE to stay at CCV and are not necessarily buying there for SAP purposes. It also has the longest years left (2068) after Riviera and the last resort to be free from resale restrictions. Since direct CCV price is $240pp, anything under $180pp for resale contracts seem fair game for Disney to ROFR and still make a profit IMO.
This is our first contract. I agree with wanting to stay there as the primary reason for our choice. We chose CCV because we love WL and wanted the 2068 expiration that comes with it more than the lower pp with BRV. We are only 9 days in to ROFR at this point and I am watching things go up and up just over the last week. Oh well. Just have to wait and hope for the best!

Got word that our sellers’ docs were returned so wired the rest of the money. Supposedly closing on Friday and then starting the waiting game for our membership to be created. The wait is increasingly agonizing with each step in this process. I’m jonesing to book our first trip!!! Thoughts on March vs April? Was originally thinking March but fear by the time our points are loaded it may be slim pickings.

We just bid on a $130 pp BWV contract. Seller can't close until November. When I spoke with the Fidelity agent, I told her I was pretty sure that Disney would take it. She countered that the delayed closing might help us pass.

Do you think there's any validity to this? Any insight appreciated.

We just bid on a $130 pp BWV contract. Seller can't close until November. When I spoke with the Fidelity agent, I told her I was pretty sure that Disney would take it. She countered that the delayed closing might help us pass.

Do you think there's any validity to this? Any insight appreciated.
I don't think the delayed closing will have any impact. If you look at the first page of this thread, you can see that there was a BWV contract that passed at $135pp on 7/14. The previous quarter had a few pass in the low $140's. I think Disney is mostly done ROFRing up BWV and it has a decent chance. You never know unless you try!

I don’t think it matters.
That was my feeling, too.

I don't think the delayed closing will have any impact. If you look at the first page of this thread, you can see that there was a BWV contract that passed at $135pp on 7/14. The previous quarter had a few pass in the low $140's. I think Disney is mostly done ROFRing up BWV and it has a decent chance. You never know unless you try!

Thanks! That's what we figured. I know the 2042 contracts aren't a great buy, but we love BWV and the BW view studios are a tough get.

Stupid question about 2042 resorts. If I have a March UY 2042 resort like BWV, does it mean the last set of points I'll get is in March of 2041? Or do you get points in March of 2042 to use by 2043? I'm only asking for contract value calculations. thanks.

Stupid question about 2042 resorts. If I have a March UY 2042 resort like BWV, does it mean the last set of points I'll get is in March of 2041? Or do you get points in March of 2042 to use by 2043? I'm only asking for contract value calculations. thanks.
There’s no January UY. And all DVC contracts end on January of their expiry year. I guess we’ll just borrow 2042 points in 2041, lol.
Stop calculating and start offering!

There’s no January UY. And all DVC contracts end on January of their expiry year. I guess we’ll just borrow 2042 points in 2041, lol.
Stop calculating and start offering!
So if I have December UY for BC does that mean that they expire in January 2042, well before they are available to use. IE we would have to full borrow in 2041 to use them? It seems like there will be a crush of people trying to get one last trip in, and it disadvantages those with later UY because we won‘t have access to borrow or use those points when they are still available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter