ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well DVC family with this the first chapter of our initial journey into DVC madness has a happy ending. I’ll likely be still reading and posting on the ROFR threads for years to come as I love the community and I’ve learned so much from everyone. Thanks again for all of the help!

NVDISFamily---$255-$64494-250-VGC-Jun-0/21, 0/22, 242/23- sent 6/10, passed 7/13

Two 125 point contracts. Same seller and one closing fee.
Congratulations! Can I ask which broker/title company combo allowed one closing fee for both contracts? Every time I've asked about this I've been met with a firm and resounding NO. 🙃

Congratulations! Can I ask which broker/title company combo allowed one closing fee for both contracts? Every time I've asked about this I've been met with a firm and resounding NO. 🙃
Only one broker ever said no and acted like they didn't know what I was talking about! I've bought our twins with three other brokers. Keep shopping.

Membership extras are tied to your contracts. So whenever the blue card eligible points expire, so to will your eligibility for membership extras.
Yes, thank you. It doesn't sound like the email is talking about that though. Basically, it looks like the email is saying that in order to now buy into membership starting today and for the future, you would need to buy into a resort that expires no earlier than 2062. So if I were to buy 150 direct points at AKV today, for example, then that resort/those points wouldn't qualify towards membership because that resort's expiration is in 2057, if you see what I'm saying? The wording on the email is just really weird. Sometimes DVC/Disney uses poor wording so I'm not sure if there has been a policy change starting today or they just worded it weirdly.

No, you would be OK. They are only referencing the 3 resorts in active sales. The 2062 date is referencing Aulani.
OK, thank you. I panicked for a few minutes there, lol. I thought they made a new policy change. I'd like to eventually maybe add on direct for blue card membership but I can never seem to pass up resale when I see how much cheaper it is.

kmill99---$135-$9124-60-AKV-Dec-0/20, 0/21, 90/22, 60/23- sent 6/14/22, passed 7/14/22

We are all super fired up! Passed ROFR on our first DVC contract today!

Question: I thought I read a recommendation to not pay the balance until the seller has sent documents...? Or something along those lines? If anyone has some useful information on the best way to proceed and get this completed quickly and wisely that would be amazing.

Thanks everyone!

(...while the waiting continues on the Poly contract...)

Last edited:
kmill99---$135-$9124-60-AKV-Dec-0/20, 0/21, 90/22, 60/23- passed 7/14

Question: I thought I read a recommendation to not pay the balance until the seller has sent documents...? Or something along those lines? If anyone has some useful information on the best way to proceed and get this completed quickly and wisely that would be amazing.

Thanks everyone!

Yes, I have always told the title company that I would not send funds until the seller has returned their completed (signed) package.

Thanks everyone!

Congrats neighbor!!! Our seller sent back their documents the same day as we received them, we did the same, and closed the next week. Hoping for a speedy process for you!!

Sadly I think the board blocks the name of this broker but I'll try again - www.**********.com

Are you trying to buy from the same seller, same resort, and same UY? In this case those stars aligned (could sort of tell before I called the broker as the two listings had the same delayed close date).

I asked to go to a specific title company (Mason) as my first contract through Fidelity that was ahead by about a month was also going through Mason and I wanted their assistance to make sure the names match so when they go to Disney they can be on the same membership. Cammy at Mason has been awesome. She is super helpful and quick to respond to emails. In the future if I buy some more resale contracts I'm going to always ask for her and Mason if possible.

Thanks everyone!

Wire transfer can be done the same day seller completed signing. I don’t see the benefits of sending it earlier.

Congratulations!!

I know it's almost complete guess work but what are my chance on this do people feel?

Joel22---$161-$18868-110-CCV@WL-Dec-0/20, 0/21, 68/22, 110/23- sent 7/12

I offered asking to give it more chance. Thanks!

While you are probably on the edge, I think you've got a shot. We had two CCV contracts taken at $160 and $161 back in March but the seller was paying '22 MF's. We then had one pass at $160 in April, but we were paying MF's.

Good luck!!

Checking in from Alaska as we pull into port and I wait for my family to wake up. We STILL don't have the closing docs from my seller. With ROFR seemingly lightening up, I'm seriously considering pulling the plug.
We just got back from Alaska last week. It was beautiful :). Have fun! We brought home Covid, but it hasn't been too bad!

MaleficentUK---$157-$26515-160-BLT-Mar-0/21, 400/22, 80/23, 160/24- sent 6/9, taken 7/12

It would have been nice, but I figured it was too good to get through ROFR.

At least the Seller gets their contact sold.
I have never sold a DVC contract but for those who have, when Disney Buys it back instead of it going to another person, do you ever think “Dang I wish I had bumped that rate up?” just to get a little more from the mouse?

I have never sold a DVC contract but for those who have, when Disney Buys it back instead of it going to another person, do you ever think “Dang I wish I had bumped that rate up?” just to get a little more from the mouse?
I haven't sold a DVC contract either, but there are a ton of things you could second guess about. If it were priced higher, maybe a buyer wouldn't have bid on it. Or maybe it would have passed ROFR with a higher price. Maybe if it were listed a month earlier or later, the buyer wouldn't have seen it or maybe they would have already bid on a different contract. Buyer and seller and Disney are all trying to optimize their positions.

And as somebody here has mentioned before, Disney lets the buyer & seller do all the hard work, and then they swoop in to catch some deals with ROFR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter