Rogers Music Premium Experience

With two more Saturdays left in the run, thought I’d share my experience from Saturday, 8/12.

We got into the line at about 8:30 - by then the first show had sold out, and the line was just past the Monster’s ride entrance (which ended up being helpful b/c the ride went down and I was able to snag two MEPs). We were aiming for the 5:30 so I tried not to stress. Per the chatter in the line - the first show sold out by about 8:15. A CM would periodically come through and count and at some point he cut off the line so I think if you are in line, you’ll be able to get a package. I think the 2nd show sold out at around 8:50. You can definitely pick whichever time slot you want.

We got to the front of the line by about 9:10 - the party in front of us snagged the last 4pm seats.

Was it worth waiting in a 45 min line? I think so - it was nice to have a set time to come back vs worrying about lining up in the afternoon - it gave us some flexibility with our day. We were a party of 4 but only took 2 popcorn buckets b/c we really just didn’t need more. The picture opp was fun, and it was nice to have a cold drink. I’m glad we waited in line in the morning when it was cloudy vs in the afternoon sun. (It helped that we got 2 rounds of WS and 1 ride on Guardians out of the way before standing in line…so no one in our party felt like they missed the benefits of EE/RD).

The show itself was FANTASTIC. The songs were catchy, the staging was great, loved the Starkettes and the actor who plays Nick Fury has the best song. It was so fun. I hope they extend the run.

I had never been in the Hyperion and I really liked it - let’s hope they don’t leave it empty for years again!

Checking in ... we had done the Premium Experience for 7/29 (see posts #29 and 33) and saw it again using the VQ on Fri, 8/11. We entered the parks too late for the 1st VQ ... and were successful in the 2nd round VQ for the 4p show. Yeah!

This time we sat in the 1st level balcony, front row, just right of center. This was my favorite spot for Aladdin ... but it wasn't as good, in our opinion, as the Premium Experience seating on the lower level for 'Rogers! The Musical.' We were super glad to have tried it ... but preferred the lower level and were, again, super glad to have had that experience.

Good luck, everyone! I hope you have opportunity to enjoy this show!

One more question if I may...

Do they take cash for this or is it credit or gift card only?

I can now answer a few of my questions I had before starting my trip...
* They do take cash or card
* You cannot sub regular popcorn in place of the kettle corn

Something I did not know... If the premium packages have not sold out (or at least been very close to it) by about 9:30, they will not run the VQ for it. They have not either Tuesday or Wednesday so far.

I wandered over to ask about subbing the popcorn (I'm not a fan of kettle corn anyway, but especially when I'm out in the heat I have to watch sweet stuff as heat and sweet don't mix well with me) around 11:30 and 3 of the 4 shows were still available. When the CM said she totally understood and wished they had regular popcorn as an option, she said "Demand seems low so it'll be standby only - no virtual queue." Around 3, they opened up the area that is normally VQ for anyone - they say that your whole party has to be together, etc. but I don't know how they really enforce it. The orchestra waiting area is largely shaded. I picked the mezzanine (They only opened the balcony after the other 2 areas were full - I wanted mezzanine anyway) - the left side is mostly shaded in the front...I was mostly in the sun. But that and the climb up the stairs was worth it as I was front row mezzanine almost dead center.

1692882800412.png

Loved the show! Definitely plan to see it again tomorrow!!

I can now answer a few of my questions I had before starting my trip...
* They do take cash or card
* You cannot sub regular popcorn in place of the kettle corn

Something I did not know... If the premium packages have not sold out (or at least been very close to it) by about 9:30, they will not run the VQ for it. They have not either Tuesday or Wednesday so far.

I wandered over to ask about subbing the popcorn (I'm not a fan of kettle corn anyway, but especially when I'm out in the heat I have to watch sweet stuff as heat and sweet don't mix well with me) around 11:30 and 3 of the 4 shows were still available. When the CM said she totally understood and wished they had regular popcorn as an option, she said "Demand seems low so it'll be standby only - no virtual queue." Around 3, they opened up the area that is normally VQ for anyone - they say that your whole party has to be together, etc. but I don't know how they really enforce it. The orchestra waiting area is largely shaded. I picked the mezzanine (They only opened the balcony after the other 2 areas were full - I wanted mezzanine anyway) - the left side is mostly shaded in the front...I was mostly in the sun. But that and the climb up the stairs was worth it as I was front row mezzanine almost dead center.

View attachment 787656

Loved the show! Definitely plan to see it again tomorrow!!
I REALLY really wish they would let folks chose "regular" popcorn. We didn't like the fruity kettle corn at all.

I REALLY really wish they would let folks chose "regular" popcorn. We didn't like the fruity kettle corn at all.
I totally agree. I could have dealt with regular kettle corn - I'm not a fan but at least plain kettle corn is better than the fruit flavored stuff.

We are here now. No 12 noon show.
Premium experience sold out.
Maybe because it's the third to the last day for the show....

I did the Premium experience on Wednesday 8/30/23. I got to DCA around 1015am and went straight to the kiosk as I noticed it said in the app VQ was not being used for the first two shows.

The second show was sold out so went with the 530pm option which worked out amazing for me personally. I had not seen the show only snippets of a livestream on opening day but figured I should give it a shot.

Per the app it says you can arrive up to 90 minutes before showtime. At this time I got my Sprite and popcorn bucket. I then did a photo op which was really fun !

I sat down at a table to relax some and hydrate since it was hot today. A photopass photographer was around offering to take more photos for those of us that were early. It was super nice. They had a small cart of merchandise too.

People started lining up aroubd 4:40pm for the 5:30pm show , as we were let in first at 5pm. Even being about 18 people back , I got a front row spot that was PERFECT.

I'm actually upset that it's a limited run..this show..is AMAZING. While I understand the Marvel universe is still a niche market versus a classic like Aladdin or even well like as in Frozen which I do miss, it had so much heart and character. Nick Furys character even
gave a throwback to the old Aladdin show which was perfect.

Some of the best $29 plus tax I've ever spent at Disney.20230830_172834.jpg20230830_173332.jpg20230830_173510.jpg20230830_173610.jpg20230830_174356.jpg20230830_174558.jpg20230830_174942(0).jpg20230830_175321.jpg
20230830_104357.jpg20230830_160739.jpg

Wow, they also didn’t have the 12 noon show again! Same thing happened on 8/29. Today is the last performance and a friend is planning on going to watch it twice.

we were about 55 people back (people started lining up almost as soon as we were let into the premium experience) so we got seats about four rows back, off-center

Here today for the last day.

Got into park around 1115am and went to standby for first show at 1215pm. Got into Balcony and whew that was a workout on those stairs ! I felt dizzy actually since I'm scared of heights but neat to see another perspective.
I did join the VQ for the 1:45pm show and got there super early so got 2nd row Orchestra.
Being up close on this show really is the best because the emotions these amazing performances convey is so beautiful and talented.

Leaving the theater and several flights I decided to see if any Premium experiences were still available. They were and because ot was such a good value for me , I decided to do the last show on the last day today at 530pm.
As I was walking back towards the theater , I saw the Loki/Nick Fury and Young/old Steve Rogers walking out on a quick break and both smile at me and waved. It was super cool.

I admit I wasn't sure about this show but for how short it is ( 35 minutes) it does A LOT.
If you're here today try and see it !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter