Roll Call

Name: Ruvae
Dis name origin: It's the same name I use for other forums.....kind of wish I'd been more creative with this site though :p
Story: Hello, my name is Ruvae and I'm addicted to Disney!!! :rotfl:

All our family adventures include myself 34, DH John 37, DS Sebastian 10 (almost 11) and DS Jett 8 :D We had traveled to New Zealand a few times with the boys from the time Jett was 2, but never ventured any further.

But then, for my 30th Birthday, my DH surprised me with a trip to Hong Kong and this is where we had our first taste of the Magic that is Disney. :thumbsup2 HK Disneyland was the perfect park to visit for our first Disney trip as it is the smallest of all the parks, and we managed to do everything in 1 day.....and it left us with a huge appetite for more Disney!!

In 2011 it was our 10th Wedding Anniversary in December and we had always planned to renew our vows in Vegas with Elvis. So we decided to add a little more to the itinerary and visited Disneyland, L.A, San Diego, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Arizona (Grand Canyon) and back to L.A for more Disneyland and shopping. (I really wish I had found this site sooner as I definitely would have done a trip report! I have a million photos to share :lmao:)

Our last trip to the States was Dec 2012 / Jan 2013 which included L.A, Disneyland (we had to go back and experience Cars Land which wasn't opened the year before), 2 weeks at DisneyWorld, 3 days in New York and 1 week in Orlando. Talk about being overwhelmed at the size of WDW! Epcot was surprisingly all 4 of our favourite park too.

Now we are planning madly for our next trip to the Orlando on 28th November till 29th December. Our itinerary currently is 12 nights DisneyWorld, 5 nights Universal, 7 nights Disney Magic Cruise and 8 nights Orlando. We are so excited and the weeks can't go fast enough!!! Only 39 weeks and 2 days to go! not that I'm counting :rolleyes1

It's never to late to share photos!!! I'd love to see a Vegas wedding! :bride:

Name:Gabrielle
Dis name origin my initials and two numbers I picked;)

So....inquiring minds wanna know.

Would there happen to be two other seemingly random numbers, like a 1 and a 9; before the two numbers you picked?

popcorn::

It's never to late to share photos!!! I'd love to see a Vegas wedding! :bride:

::yes::

What happens in Vegas does NOT stay in Vegas. It HAS to be shared on the ANZAC section of the Dis.

(assuming that the pictures are DisAppropriate, of course)

Name: Nicky
Disboards Name Origin: Old school nickname that stuck
Story: First travelled to Disney World in 2010 by myself as a celebration of completing my Masters, was my first time overseas and fell in love with WDW. I am now a single Mum to a 2.5yr old little girl, she and I have been blessed to go to WDW 3 times together :) She loves Disney as much as I do thankfully and she is a brilliant traveller. My dream is to one day see every Disney in the world, as soon as I win the lotto lol And as soon as I am able to tear myself away from WDW!

Name: Ky
Disboards Name Origin: name plus birth year (so very creative)
Story: I have always been enchanted by Disney esp Mickey Mouse and for our wedding gift my in-laws paid for a Disneyland honeymoon. It was very low budget but it was PERFECT! The Dis-story begins...
Together with my now family of 5, we have travelled to every Disney park twice (and the USA parks more than that) plus we did our very first Dis-cruise in 2013...We adore travelling and not just to Disney. I love to help friends plan too and we have converted more than a few sceptic family members!
I am always looking for deals. I am on so many news emails that I have a spam email account-lol.
Next trip : in July my DD is dancing at DL with Dance around the World and we have extra days planned at GCV, LEGOLAND and then a few days in Vegas.
We love Vegas! This is trip number 8 for me and 10? for DH. Vegas is right up there with Mickey Mouse for me!

Ramble over now:cool1;)

This is such an amazing idea.

Name: Natasha
Disboards name origin: not very creative, it was the fist thing I thought of and now wish I could change it to something witty or cute.
Story: growing up watching wonderful world of Disney each sunday afternoon was a family tradition. I just loved it and always wanted to go. Of course life got in the way and it didnt happen, after many years of IVF I decided to go on a trip with a friend to the US, a trip we had dreamed about for years. DH refused to go, said he said he would never travel overseas until he had seen Australia and also would not get on a plane. My friend and I did heaps including DL and then 5 days at WDW, this was in 97 so the parks were very different. I fell in love, especially with WDW. Told DH I wanted to take our kids if and when we had them, he said I was on my own. fast forward many years and four children in four years and life got very hectic. I still mentioned Disney holidays but it he thought the kids were too young and wouldnt remember. Also the cost was too much.
In 2012 DH got himself a big boat and I negotiated that if he got that then we would go to WDW for a holiday. he agreed (he loved his boat) and the planning began. It was stressful as we didnt know if DH would even get on the plane as he has severe anxiety but he did, (lots of drugs helped) we planned for september as I researched and that was the least busiest time as DH cant handle lines or waiting around. 8 nights at WDW and the last night DH said, we need to come back here YAY! I grabbed hold of that and have not let go. so this year in August we go again, this time including The Dream and 18 nights at WDW and 3 nights DL. He was so immersed in the disney friendly relaxing atmosphere he really enjoyed it, we became DVC members and all.
I would never have guessed that would happen, our one trip of a lifetime is now becoming two and maybe three:cheer2:

What a nice idea this thread is. I'm so enjoying people's stories.

We are such a lucky bunch to have had these opportunities. Long may they last. :goodvibes

This is such an amazing idea.

Name: Natasha
Disboards name origin: not very creative, it was the fist thing I thought of and now wish I could change it to something witty or cute.
Story: growing up watching wonderful world of Disney each sunday afternoon was a family tradition. I just loved it and always wanted to go. Of course life got in the way and it didnt happen, after many years of IVF I decided to go on a trip with a friend to the US, a trip we had dreamed about for years. DH refused to go, said he said he would never travel overseas until he had seen Australia and also would not get on a plane. My friend and I did heaps including DL and then 5 days at WDW, this was in 97 so the parks were very different. I fell in love, especially with WDW. Told DH I wanted to take our kids if and when we had them, he said I was on my own. fast forward many years and four children in four years and life got very hectic. I still mentioned Disney holidays but it he thought the kids were too young and wouldnt remember. Also the cost was too much.
In 2012 DH got himself a big boat and I negotiated that if he got that then we would go to WDW for a holiday. he agreed (he loved his boat) and the planning began. It was stressful as we didnt know if DH would even get on the plane as he has severe anxiety but he did, (lots of drugs helped) we planned for september as I researched and that was the least busiest time as DH cant handle lines or waiting around. 8 nights at WDW and the last night DH said, we need to come back here YAY! I grabbed hold of that and have not let go. so this year in August we go again, this time including The Dream and 18 nights at WDW and 3 nights DL. He was so immersed in the disney friendly relaxing atmosphere he really enjoyed it, we became DVC members and all.
I would never have guessed that would happen, our one trip of a lifetime is now becoming two and maybe three:cheer2:

TashinWDW, how wonderful that your DH loved his Disney experience so much.
Our holidays are usually a compromise, with DH agreeing to travel because he knows how happy it makes me. He really enjoyed our WDW trip, but I'm yet to find that magic destination that has left him suggesting we go back. Believe me, it's not from lack of trying.
On the plus side, he lets me pick all our holiday destinations. I'm bit of a control-freak when it comes to travel, so that works well for me. :rotfl:

I'm pretty sure you've mentioned it before, but where did you buy your DVC?

Name: Liz
Disname origin: not very creative
Live: Central Coast NSW

My DH and I visited the US back in 1996, way back when the word of a travel agent was gospel. No internet at our house then, so everything was planned using brochures. We did a coast to coast tour from LA ending in NYC. We flew back to Anaheim at the end of our tour and spent a week at Disneyland. Loved it! Vowed to bring any kids we may have in the future to visit Disneyland.
Fast forward 13 years and 2 DDs and we visited the US again for our trip of a lifetime. Our final (cough) trip of a lifetime was in 2012, with a cruise to Mexico thrown in. Our really and truly, very, very, very last trip is coming up in September, this time visiting WDW for the first time. We're also going on the Freedom of the Seas to the Caribbean. We can't wait!

The very last? That sounds like something I would say, until a year later when I'm saying it again :rotfl:

The very last? That sounds like something I would say, until a year later when I'm saying it again :rotfl:

You sound just like me!

DH has told me that he might have to consider divorce if I even so much as log on to Expedia after is trip. Mind you, that's what he said after our last trip.

Haha, my DH is the same, always says get off the iPad, until we go away, loves every bit of the holiday is amazed at the discounts I got, things I booked and lets me do it all again:thumbsup2

Name:Meme
Disboards name origin: my real name..honest....
Story:I enjoy all things disney....also travelling in small vehicles with DH, carting floatation noodles on international flights/cruises and hunting for a travel bargain.
I don't like sock puppets or people who have not been introduced to the concept of grammar.
We (as in royal WE) hunt every sept in WDW and do enjoy a nice cruise be it RCCL or Disney.
I adore pumpkin pie.
pirate::clown::firefight:moped:

Name:Meme
Disboards name origin: my real name..honest....
Story:I enjoy all things disney....also travelling in small vehicles with DH, carting floatation noodles on international flights/cruises and hunting for a travel bargain.
I don't like sock puppets or people who have not been introduced to the concept of grammar.
We (as in royal WE) hunt every sept in WDW and do enjoy a nice cruise be it RCCL or Disney.
I adore pumpkin pie.
pirate::clown::firefight:moped:

Welcome Meme.

So how are the bathroom products on RCCL?

NAME: Stephanie (Stephie is also acceptable, but not Steph)
DISBOARDS NAME ORIGIN: The character that made me fall madly in love with musical theatre + the year I was born
MY STORY: My love of Disney, or Mickey Mouse more specifically, began before I was two. My aunt bought small Mickey and Donald figurines at LAX with the last of her US change. When she got back she gave me the Donald and my older sister the Mickey. We looked at our figurines, then looked at what the other got, and, without a word, swapped. From then on she loved Donald and I loved Mickey. I still collect Mickey stuff today.

In September 1999, when I was eight, my very generous uncle gave us a trip to visit him in London and gave us a 3 day stopover at Disneyland. The tag line is not a lie; it really is the happiest place on earth! My mum and I cried as we were leaving and I promised her that I would bring her back one day. For some strange reason she believed me! This year, at the age of 23, I'll get to fulfil that promise. My younger sister and I (sadly my older sister is no longer with us) surprised our mum with a trip to New York, LA and Disneyland for Christmas. We'll be headed off on November 24 and walking down Main Street on 5 December!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter