****Romantic Restaurants?? and MORE questions!!!

• Thread starter LateHoneymooner
  • Start date
L

LateHoneymooner

So sorry to bother you all with these questions. My husband and I are going on 5/14 (8 months after our wedding since we had no finances for a honeymoon then).

Can anyone suggest a nice romantic restaurant for us to go to? We are on the dining plan.

Also, we are staying at the Beach Resort....not sure how romantic this is but does anyone know if they have honeymoon suites or scenic views? I haven't been there in 16 years and Husband has never gone at all. He didn't want to go but I convinced him that golf was involved!

I'm just trying to find a way to make it worth him saying "yes" finally to my Disney suggestion and make it romantic.

Any suggestions at all?
Thank you so much!

LateHoneymooner said:
Can anyone suggest a nice romantic restaurant for us to go to? We are on the dining plan. Thank you so much!
The Maya Grill at CSR is romantic for a late night dinner and stroll around the lake. Stop at one of the hammocks on the white sand beach after dinner.

7d8dca70d9.jpg

PRmamiDEdos said:
I'm partial to the San Angel Inn in the Mexican temple in Epcot.

I've past this a dozen times and always think of how romantic it looks... even in the middle of the day... How is the food? Just Mexican?

Pretty much, I think you can look at the menu on the DIS Home. I like it b/c it's dark, and no matter how many people are there, it's a very tall ceiling and it's kind of like white noise, so you only hear each other. Awww, how romantical!!! But seriously, the food's good and I love the atmosphere and it's cool to go on the little boat ride afterwards and kiss in the dark. LOL

Are you staying at Caribbean Beach or the Beach Club?

If you are staying at Caribbean Beach "Shutters" is their sit down restaurant, very nice, good food, but nothing overly romantic about it. If this is where you are staying you might have to go outside of CBR to find the more "Romantic" spots to dine.

If you are staying at the Beach Club, you have more choices, some of which are very romantic. In the Beach Club, which is attached to the Yacht Club, you will find Yachtsman Steakhouse. Excellent and romantic. Have an after dinner drink in the adjacent Crew's Cup, get a booth, very romantic.
Across the lake from the Beach club is the Boardwalk, there you will find the Flying Fish and Spoodles. Both have excellent food, but the Flying Fish at night seems a little more romantic than Spoodles. The Boardwalk also has another cozy romantic spot for a nightcap, try the Bellvue room in the lobby on the Inn side.

Hope this helps. Congratulations on your wedding. No matter where you are staying you'll have a great time.

We are staying at the Beach Resort....

Hopefully it will be romantic enough to keep our newlywed status alive after 8 months - that's how long it has taken for us to go on a honeymoon!

Best Wishes to all and thanks again for the advice!

What about Victoria and Alberts at the Grand Floridian?? I have never been but heard of it, Seems like a very romantic place to go. Very upscale and you can dress up a bit, a change from the regular park attire. Also you must order the cinderella slipper dessert, look it up this web site has photos, it looks so good.

Dinner at Chefs de France (Epcot - World Showcase) followed by Illuminations is always a romantic evening. :hug:

My DW and I are very partial to WolfGang Pucks in DTD. We are out on the patio as the sun was going down and right beside the lake. It was so gorgeous! :teeth: This was our favorite.

The coral reef has a darkened atmosphere and can be very romantic!

We're doing a belated Disneymoon also and we too are on the dining plan. San Angel Inn is very romantic, but the last time I was there the service was terrible. I like LeCellier and my dh has requested Marrakesh (I'm sure because of the belly dancer!). We're splitting our stay between BWV and CR Atrium Club. I've been emailing the IPO there and I'm hoping to book a Wishes cruise for one of the nights we're there. IPO said I could have private dining set up a dinner for us for the cruise. You may want to try something like this. I know the Illumination and Wishes cruises are really hard to get, but it doesn't hurt to try. We're also planning to go to the luau at the Poly and dinner one night in the castle. I've done both before and imho although the food and service were just okay, the atmosphere is really great. Congratulations and have fun planning!

I love the California Grill at the Contemporary Resort. You can watch Wishes from there if you time your dinner right. :goodvibes Oh, and you say that you're staying at the "Beach Resort" and asking about the rooms. There's no such hotel on WDW property. There are two that are close...........the Beach Club Resort and Caribbean Beach Resort (like another poster pointed out). We can't really help you on the rooms until we know which you'll be staying at. Just let us know and we can direct you to appropriate information! :thumbsup2

mdhkitten said:
I love the California Grill at the Contemporary Resort. You can watch Wishes from there if you time your dinner right. :goodvibes
Great suggestion! I was going to recommend it too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter