Room assignments?

Motherfletcher

<font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=peach
Does anyone know how Loews assigns rooms? Are they done in advance or at arrival? Disney does them 4 days in advance and if you fax your room requests that day you are usually granted at least your first request. I'm trying to figure out why I got such a lousy room at RPR last Saturday and what if anything can be done in advance to get a little better. I am Loews Gold if not Platinum after this last visit. Once you become Platinum do you stay there? Or do they start over annually? Was it because I used Hotel Kingdom and that was one of the rooms they purchase in blocks? I asked if a suite was available and it was not. I even asked the girl at check in for her last name so I could let Loews know how good she was.

From my experience at RPR in July, I believe the rooms are not assigned in advance. I was checking in in the Loews First Line and my cousin was checking in in the regular line. Her reservationist came over to mine and they coordinated their choice of rooms so we could be near each other.

The Loew's brochure has the 3 colors listed at the top. Blue has nothing under it, Gold has "3 qualifying Stays or 6 Nights Per Year", Platinum has "10 Qualifying Stays of 15 Nights Per Year". Then, in the fine print:magnify: at the very, very bottom it says "A qualified stay is any published rate. Group, negotiated, third party and advanced purchase rates do not apply. Not valid with any other discount program, coupon, complimentary or promotional offer. WHEW!:crazy: Looks like all their bases are covered as far as discounts, reservations made using other places such as HotelKingdom.com, etc. I know I had trouble getting credits for my 7 nights last July because I had booked through Universal Studios Vacations and not directly through Loew's. As it works out, they finally ok'd that one. That'll make 7 plus my 1 in Phila. for NYEve and as it works out, our 7 day stay next July will start 2 days earlier than the date of last summer's. That SHOULD make me Platinum........but not sure how that will carry over in 2005.......or if I'm expected to make vacation plans earlier and earier just to keep it current Maybe it all boils down to who you talk to? :yo-yo:

Good question, Motherfletcher. This would be good to know -- especially regarding when/how/who to ask for a specific room. Does anyone know?

Based on my most recent experience, I believe it happened at check in. I don't know if it was one off, or if that was the process. I know that when I checked in at RPR, they assigned it at check in as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter