Room change, dining the same?

alohatigger

Earning My Ears
I noticed a bit larger family 04D room has become available for an upcoming cruise that I already have an 05C room booked for and I am thinking of upgrading. Does anyone know if you keep your same dining slot if you change your reservation. We were already moved to the earlier dining time after being on the waitlist. That would more important for us.

If you keep your reservation number and modify the cabin - not cancel and rebook, dining shouldn't change. I can’t guarantee IT won’t muck up something.

Changing your cabin location should not affect dining, excursion, or other reservations. I am fairly sure I have upgraded our cabin (and added a passenger) without affecting our dining time.

You need to ask Disney when you go to make the change. I don't know how recent the previous poster's experiences are but when we moved one of our guests for an extended family trip from one room to another they were waitlisted for main dining. That wasn't a big deal since the remaining guests in our group already had the table so we knew she'd get main dining. I'm pretty sure that in Disney's reservation system changes such as switching rooms effectively count as a new booking so you might end up on the main dining waitlist

I noticed a bit larger family 04D room has become available for an upcoming cruise that I already have an 05C room booked for and I am thinking of upgrading. Does anyone know if you keep your same dining slot if you change your reservation. We were already moved to the earlier dining time after being on the waitlist. That would more important for us.

I changed my room twice and it never impacted the main dining time....but all my changes were made waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in advance of sailing.

I changed my room twice and it never impacted the main dining time....but all my changes were made waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in advance of sailing.
This is a key element. They don't make dining assignments until fairly close to the actual cruise so as long as you make the change a month or more out, there is virtually no chance it will cause issues. Even closer, your stateroom shouldn't make any impact on where you sit to eat or when you ear unless you are cancelling and rebooking rather than modifying the existing reservation. If you call to do it, make that very clear to to the cast member you speak to.

If you have main dining and switch room categories it counts in the system as a new reservation (at least that was our experience) and if you do that and main dining is not currently available you will go to late dining and be waitlisted for main. If you are far enough out from your sailing that main is still available it won’t matter.

OP this is really something you need to check with Disney on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter