Room charges to Magic Band

joyjoy

DIS Veteran
You know how when you're there you can see "My charges" on the MDE app? We've been back for a couple of weeks and I need to see that whole list of charges and can't find it in MDE. Is it online somewhere or am I going to need to call? Thanks

Some people don’t get it for unknown reasons, but you should get an email on your check out date with a PDF file of your full charges. Maybe check old emails?

I think you can also call or email the below to request it as well:

GUEST.SERVICES.BILLING@DISNEYWORLD.COM

407-828-5630

Just to add to @GADisneyDad14 's great information.

If using email please include the name of the reservation holder, dates of stay and resort name. Normally 1-3 business days for a reply with your folio information as a PDF attachment.

Dave

Thanks, guys. I did indeed find an old email with all our room charges. Remember when they used to hang them on the door on your last day? Ugh. I think I avoided the email just like I used to avoid that envelope of horror. Anyhow, everything is cool. What I failed to do was to visit the front desk often enough and some of the room charges ended up being charged to the cc instead of me paying it with a gift card. Lesson learned, no harm done. $$ on the gift card for next time. Thanks again.

Thanks, guys. I did indeed find an old email with all our room charges. Remember when they used to hang them on the door on your last day? Ugh. I think I avoided the email just like I used to avoid that envelope of horror. Anyhow, everything is cool. What I failed to do was to visit the front desk often enough and some of the room charges ended up being charged to the cc instead of me paying it with a gift card. Lesson learned, no harm done. $$ on the gift card for next time. Thanks again.
Yes, I forgot to go to the front desk the night before check out to pay the room charges with our Disney Rewards. I believe you must do it the night before because Night Auditors transfer the charges to the credit card the next morning. Now I make sure to that if we have Disney Rewards that we want to use!

This is what gripes the crap out of me with the resorts. They will let you put down a card to charge to your room, but they will not let you put down a gift card to debit from your room. I have right at three grand in Disney gift cards. That is a lot to even leave in the room safe. But I will be calling in the week before we leave and see if I can pay off our room only balance, which would be around $1100.

There is no reason Disney could not set it up where you could place funds on your room account and debit from them. The only thing I could think of is that people will watch their money more carefully and not overspend. I mean I really don't want to go down to the front desk and spend time paying off our balance before it hits my credit card.

This is what gripes the crap out of me with the resorts. They will let you put down a card to charge to your room, but they will not let you put down a gift card to debit from your room. I have right at three grand in Disney gift cards. That is a lot to even leave in the room safe. But I will be calling in the week before we leave and see if I can pay off our room only balance, which would be around $1100.

There is no reason Disney could not set it up where you could place funds on your room account and debit from them. The only thing I could think of is that people will watch their money more carefully and not overspend. I mean I really don't want to go down to the front desk and spend time paying off our balance before it hits my credit card.

Just pay with the gift card at time of purchase.

You can put a "bank" on your account using a gift card on the cruiseline, but as I understand it on land they had too much of an issue with people tossing the gift cards and needing monies refunded to them so they stopped allowing it at WDW.

Just pay with the gift card at time of purchase.

You can put a "bank" on your account using a gift card on the cruiseline, but as I understand it on land they had too much of an issue with people tossing the gift cards and needing monies refunded to them so they stopped allowing it at WDW.
I guess I could see that happening. I wouldn't toss one but I would lose one. That is why I can't carry them around like that. But I am also certain that when I leave Disney, there is never one cent left on my cards. :rolleyes:

You can call Disney from home after your trip and have them apply your gift cards to your room charges and have them credit your CC. No need to visit the desk or carry thousands worth of gift cards with you.

We buy our (electronic) gift cards on the Target website (5% discount with RC) then go on the gift card website and add the card(s) there. The day before we check out, we check our balance, go and buy a couple of gift cards in the gift shop ($15 min), transfer the funds to the gift shop cards and go to the concierge to pay off our balance. Risk free; we never have a card on us that is valued at more than $15, and even that we only hold from the gift shop to the concierge.

I don't think that it's a good idea to leave money on the gift card website, I"ve read that some folks have lost their funds.

I don't think that it's a good idea to leave money on the gift card website, I"ve read that some folks have lost their funds.

No clue how that happens - unless they are losing the cards. The website itself says clearly that it is not a wallet and you have to present the card for payment. (Also curious where these reports are as I've never seen one saying that money disappeared from putting it on the website and that is the ONLY reason it disappeared.)

Same same. I have never understood why I can't just hand over the gift card, Disney rewards card, or whatever and just have charges deducted from that. This latest trip was easier because there was never anyone waiting at the front desk, but in the past I've had to wait 20 or 30 minutes just to change the method that I give them my $$. I mean $$$. Anyway, totally agree with you

I have never understood why I can't just hand over the gift card
What happens if you don't use the whole thing up? I think that's the main reason. They can't really refund the balance.

I guess I could see that happening. I wouldn't toss one but I would lose one. That is why I can't carry them around like that. But I am also certain that when I leave Disney, there is never one cent left on my cards. :rolleyes:
We always pay our whole trip using our GC's. We call to payoff the balance before we leave and then every few days I stop at the desk and payoff our room charges. I find this soooo much better than carrying around a GC and possibly losing it. Plus, this way I do not have to worry about giving DW or DD's the GC or having to go in with them to buy stuff, they can just use their MBs, also so much better. I have never waited more than 5 minutes at the desk, if there is a line I go back a different time, plus when I do pay I always ask for a hard copy of the room charges so that I can quickly check it out and there has been a couple of times that I was glad I did. I find a hard copy easier on my old eyes then looking at it on my iphone.

Also, GC's are really not much different then cash and not excepting it, helps make sure there is no temptation of someone taking it and using it before anyone had a clue it was missing.

Last edited:
What happens if you don't use the whole thing up? I think that's the main reason. They can't really refund the balance.

They can with the cruiseline system. And apparently used to be able to on land. It just goes back on the gift card. But too many people were apparently tossing the cards on land.

We buy our (electronic) gift cards on the Target website (5% discount with RC) then go on the gift card website and add the card(s) there. The day before we check out, we check our balance, go and buy a couple of gift cards in the gift shop ($15 min), transfer the funds to the gift shop cards and go to the concierge to pay off our balance. Risk free; we never have a card on us that is valued at more than $15, and even that we only hold from the gift shop to the concierge.

Wait. What? No. I mean, we buy gift cards at target for months in advance, then add them to one or two or three cards on the Disney Gift Card website. So we only have 1,2 or 3 cards, each with max $1000. But how do you go to the front desk "the day before you check out" to check your balance and pay with gift cards? They don't let you set up MB charges on a gift card, you have to use a bank account or CC. And you can't wait until the night before you leave to get your balance to pay off. I guess... if you are only doing a one or two night stay, that might work. But anything more than 3 nights, they will charge the CC attached to the res unless you show up and pay off the balance before it processes. We were there for 10 days and did well the 3rd day, 6th day.. but then forgot to visit the front desk and the charges went to the CC rather than on the GC. No big deal, but I'm pretty sure you can't wait until the night before you leave to pay with a gift card(s).

We always pay our whole trip using our GC's. We call to payoff the balance before we leave and then every few days I stop at the desk and payoff our room charges. I find this soooo much better than carrying around a GC and possibly losing it. Plus, this way I do not have to worry about giving DW or DD's the GC or having to go in with them to buy stuff, they can just use their MBs, also so much better. I have never waited more than 5 minutes at the desk, if there is a line I go back a different time, plus when I do pay I always ask for a hard copy of the room charges so that I can quickly check it out and there has been a couple of times that I was glad I did. I find a hard copy easier on my old eyes then looking at it on my iphone.

Also, GC's are really not much different then cash and not excepting it, helps make sure there is no temptation of someone taking it and using it before anyone had a clue it was missing.

100% yes. The reason I do the "charge to MB, pay it off with the GC every few days" method is because I don't WANT to wag around a gift card, risk losing it, etc. If I wanted to pay with a card, I'd just pay with my CC. Magic Band is so much easier, and like you said - no need to hand a card over to family members. I just have to remember to visit the front desk on the designated days... this trip I missed one.

You can call Disney from home after your trip and have them apply your gift cards to your room charges and have them credit your CC. No need to visit the desk or carry thousands worth of gift cards with you.

Wow, really? So I could potentially call Disney now, after we've been home a week or so, and have them apply the gift card I'm holding now and that will credit my CC the charges they put on it? Do I call Guest Services? This would be great, it's like paying off my CC with my Disney Gift Card. No real monetary advantage, but I could unload the balance of my GC to pay my CC balance. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter