Room for RV?

MIannie

Mouseketeer
We will be traveling to WDW in an motorhome for the first time in January. I made a reservation for OKW before remembering the "Behemoth". I could call MS about parking, but I'm not sure I would get correct information. Anybody here know which resorts are RV compatible, and where I can park the "Behemoth" while at OKW?:confused3

You should be able to fine parking at OKW for the "Behemoth".
You might have to park length wise accross multiple parking spaces, but it should still be doable. At OKW you park your vehicle right outside your room building/location.

Please ask at the Front Desk on where to park the RV.

We had someone park across several places the last time at OKW and due to the location in a cove, the rest of us had to park and walk from another area to get to our room.

That's what I want to avoid. I wondered if parking at the Fort Wilderness parking lot, or downtown Disney( way out in the West end ) would be an option. I know I have seen RVs parked at SSR, and POR.

That's what I want to avoid. I wondered if parking at the Fort Wilderness parking lot, or downtown Disney( way out in the West end ) would be an option. I know I have seen RVs parked at SSR, and POR.

They have certain areas for this, I would ask at check in. That way they know what spaces they have available.

I'm not so sure that there will be sufficient parking at OKW for your RV... If I remember correctly, they do not have large open parking lots like they have over at SSR or BC. Like previous posters have said, parking at OKW is right outside your villa.

If it were me, I would park the RV in the overflow lot at Fort Wilderness. You would have to let the front desk know what you were doing so they could print you a pass to place in the window of the RV. The lot at the Fort is designed for RV's and it would be much more protected there than DTD or one of the park parking lots...

But who knows, they might let you park at OKW across several parking spots..

That would be my first choice. I thought there might be a policy in place because Disney seems to have thought of every scenario. I'm not sure I would even want to try driving through OKW, never mind parking. We are newbies with the Rv, and its only 34 ft., but would not want to put out other guests. We are staying at FW a few weeks before OKW. It will be our first visit there since 1983.:)

In the past they have had trailers and RVs park over at Port Orleans while staying at OKW.

In the past they have had trailers and RVs park over at Port Orleans while staying at OKW.

I was going to say the same thing. Not really the room at OKW to park these giant things.

As stated at times it had been at Port Orleans.

Since you are staying at the Campground before going to OKW, ask there and they can give you info on where to park or connect you to someone at OKW that will know.

From the DVC website:
Recreational Vehicle Parking
RV parking is not permitted at Disney's Old Key West Resort. You can make alternate arrangements upon arrival at the resort.
My memory suggests that they used to make the distinction based on length and I'm thinking 24 ft was the cutoff.

Just chatted online with a Disney Cast Member about a 30 ft. travel trailer parking. She said at Port Orleans Riverside we just need to check in at the front desk and get our parking permit. So glad to hear we don't have to drag it back across state first!:goodvibes

We just completed our stay at OKW, and we were parked at French Quarter without a problem. But my husband was advised not to walk,or ride a bike, from OKW to FQ when we needed something from the rig. It ate up a lot of time taking two buses or boats to get between resorts. We did feel it was safe there. We off loaded, and loaded, without a problem at our building. Our stay at FW was a delight too.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter