Room Location help for Poly.

DisneyGal74

Earning My Ears
My family and I are about to stay at the Polynesian for the first time. We are staying in a Garden View room, any help on the best location to ask for?? We would like to have a room that is close to everything!!

Thanks
pirate:

We've stayed in a few different longhouses-Tuvalu-MK view & garden view-long walk to everything, Aotearoa-garden view but facing the MK-not a bad walk to GCH then out most recent stay we were in Rarotonga-garden view-room facing the parking lot but the landscaping you couldn't see any cars!! We sat on our patio & waved to people on the monorail-on right -next to GCH on left -the bus stop & laundry on opposite side of longhouse was the quiet pool. I have to say-our best stay ever-even better than MK view for New Years!! It was so nice to sit outside & take in the landscape. Any longhouse would be nice-LOVE the Poly!!!!!!

Rarotonga is perhaps the closest to the main building, but I'm a fan of Samoa. It's a very short walk to the main building, both sides of the building face a pool, and it's a quick walk to the boat dock. Here's a map:

polymap.jpg

OP ~ :welcome:

We will be staying at the Poly for the first time as well and we also have a Garden View room booked. I found some of the best info on the rooms/longhouses at the Poly at Tikiman's website. Just doo a quick search on it and it will come up. It gives a lot of detail on what you are looking for. I've finally narrowed down our top 3 requests: a top floor w/ a full balcony, Tokelau, Tahiti and Rapa Nui/ Rarotonga in that order. So next week I will call the Poly and give those requests and then request them again upon check in. Have a great trip!!

We stayed in the Fiji building, water view on the second floor...no balcony tho

Right next to the marina, the main building and the volcano pool...it was perfect!

All of these locations sounds really nice. We're booked in a garden view room also. I'm wondering if it would be better to just let the pixie dust fall where it may and not request a certain location. pixiedust:
Are these any locations at the Poly there we should request not to have:confused3 ?

All of these locations sounds really nice. We're booked in a garden view room also. I'm wondering if it would be better to just let the pixie dust fall where it may and not request a certain location. pixiedust:
Are these any locations at the Poly there we should request not to have:confused3 ?

I don't think there is any longhouse that someone could say you should avoid. Each longhouse has it's own pros and cons and every guest has different wants/needs. For example, many people love the Tahiti longhouse because it is close to the TTC and offers a certain amount of seclusion. I don't like it because it is so far from the GCH. It's all based on preferences. Every longhouse has something to offer. Tell us more about what is important to you and that would help us offer suggestions.:thumbsup2

Try the tikiman2001 website. It is Poly only info. Very specific longhouse info with pictures. Even room number diagrams of every longhouse to help with your selection. Also walking times from buildings to GCH and TTC. Good luck.:thumbsup2

I have to agree that Tikiman's Poly website will help you our immensly! :worship: Great site BTW! I just hope that our Lagoon View room will be in Tahiti. :cheer2: Can't wait until we set off on our trip. Will be sure to post an in-depth Trip Report.

Mlle Upanova

Thanks again..I just don't know how to get to Tikiman's website...Can you help me..Sorry..I am new at this!:confused3

Thanks again..I just don't know how to get to Tikiman's website...Can you help me..Sorry..I am new at this!:confused3

You can just google Tikiman.

We had a garden view room in December and I used his website to narrow down our options. We were travelling 3 adults, 2 kids and a baby in a PnP. We decided we wanted a larger room (I think only 2-3 longhouses are in that cat.). And we wanted a balcony so the kids couldn't escape.

I put in a request for Rapa Nui and 2nd or 3rd floor. We arrived around 130pm and a room was ready for us 3rd floor Rapa Nui, but overlooking parking lot (yes, "gardenview"). When I asked if there would be something on the other side, I was told we could wait until 3pm and there would be a room on the 2nd floor. We waited and were SO HAPPY with our location although we weren't in the room all that often.

The plus to our location and why we would choose it again was how Rapa Nui is evenly spaced (IMO) between the TTC and GCH. My husband could scoot to GCH very quickly every morning for breakfast from the coffee bar and we could get to the TTC to go to the parks. We rarely did the GCH monorail to MK since we had 2 strollers and the wait for the elevator, etc.

HTH!

Rarotonga is perhaps the closest to the main building, but I'm a fan of Samoa. It's a very short walk to the main building, both sides of the building face a pool, and it's a quick walk to the boat dock. Here's a map:

Thanks for posting that great picture. I was trying to look at that map last night on Tikiman's site but it was too small. This one is perfect.

We just came back the other day and stayed in the Samoa building, ground floor with a view of the volcano pool, super short walk to the main house and Capt Cooks...it was perfect

OP ~ :welcome: So next week I will call the Poly and give those requests and then request them again upon check in. Have a great trip!!

Just remember that your call does not go directly to the resort, but a resort call center which answers for many resorts (have a friend who works at the call center). They will answer by the name of the resort, but even if you call the front desk from your room you will get the call center.

The call center will add your requests, but it will not be any different than calling reservations and to ask them to the requests, which you can do at any time - unless you booked through a TA - if so, ask her/him to have the the requests added to your reservation. :thumbsup2

And do ask again at check-in before they make up your room keys.:thumbsup2

Have a magical stay!!!:goodvibes

We are also staying at the Poly for the 1st time in August. I'm thinking of putting in a request as well. We like to be facing the pool, so it looks like Samoa is the closest. Are there other GV rooms, besides Samoa, that are facing the pool?

We are also staying at the Poly for the 1st time in August. I'm thinking of putting in a request as well. We like to be facing the pool, so it looks like Samoa is the closest. Are there other GV rooms, besides Samoa, that are facing the pool?

I will let you know when we get back..Only 13 days until we leave...I can't WAIT!!!!:cheer2:

I will let you know when we get back..Only 13 days until we leave...I can't WAIT!!!!:cheer2:

Thanks...can't wait to hear what you find out! You must be so excited that you are leaving soon! Have an awesome time!!!

OK..So we are back, and I just keep looking at the photos and video and I WANNA GO BACK! It was great! We ended up in Samoa, Room 3604. OMG what a view. Perfect location also! m2j Have a great trip any, any questions just ask I am full of answers..lol. We had a great time!!!
Thanks for all who helped!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter