• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Room Ready data point at VGF

miTnosnhoJ

DIS Veteran
I have had reasonably good luck getting an early checkin at VGF. But sometimes the room is not ready until after 4PM. And without fail, if we go to the parks, the room ready message does not come until we leave the park and are heading back. I was wondering if they used geolocation to know that we were at the park, so they had more time to work on our room. So I asked a Mousekeeping Cast Member that I saw in the lobby. I will not reveal details of who he was, but I will say that he was not a high level person in management. Here is what he told me:

Do they assign rooms as they become available? Or are you assigned a room by scheduling in advance based on your room request, and you just wait for that room?
He said that the room is assigned to you, and no one else can take it. There is no such thing as giving someone else your room because they arrive early. They will not tell you your room number until it is ready, because some maintenance issue may arise. There is no geolocation involved at all.

If they know you are waiting, would they divert housekeeping resources to clean your room next?
He said that they will absolutely know you are waiting. And your room will get resources. But that is not as much of a factor. The real factor driving the time the room is available is how the prior guest left the room. In many cases, the room needs a deep cleaning. He said a 2BR could take 4 to 6 hours to clean.

Do the Mousekeeping cast members know they are at a flagship resort? In other words, they would never request a transfer to "Art of Animation" if they are working at the Grand Floridian, right?
His answer surprised me. He said that people do request transfers from the Grand to value resorts. The reason is that only the best of the best can handle the pace and the pressure at a resort like the Grand. The expectations are very high. Some people can't take it, or are counseled out, and request a transfer. They know that we are paying large amounts for our rooms, and they feel they have to deliver that value.

I left the conversation pretty impressed with the quality of the people who are cleaning our rooms!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter