Room request Poly studio

BostonEd

I'd rather be skiing.
Hi. I'm currently considering renting points for a standard view studio. Before I do that (if I do that), I want to know what info to pass along to the points owner. Ideally, I'd like Tokelau or Morea, any floor really. (They all have balconies or patios, correct?) I really don't mind Pago Pago, EXCEPT for that first floor parking lot room. I mean, even the Pago second floor parking lot room I wouldn't be that mad about. But I REALLY want to avoid first floor parking lot of Pago Pago. How should the request be phrased? Are those rooms actually easy to avoid? Thanks.

Yes, all have balconies or patios (1st floor patios).
IMO, your main #1 request should be what is most important.
Example: #1 request -Tokelau Building, 2nd request 3rd floor.
🤞

When I want to avoid something I actually request that.

When I travel solo I do not want first floor so I just say “not first floor”.

If you really prefer no Pago Pago I’d just say “anything but Pago Pago”.

Remember these are just requests so no guarantee that you will get what you want.

Owners don’t have a say in which rooms they are given.

Hmm, maybe I'll try first request 3rd floor, second request Tokelau, third request Moorea. Hopefully that will work.

It's generally advised to decide what single thing is most important to you and request only that.

The room assigner isn't going to try to fill your next request, then next, etc. if the first isn't possible. It'll be a "got that" or wherever else is easiest to put you.

As mentioned, don't expect to get anything you list. You won't more often than you will.

Spend the money and get the lake view. There's a reason this room requires Poly points.

Thanks for the clarification about how assigners handle room requests.

There's a reason this room requires Poly points.
I don't understand what you mean here.

Thought you’d all get a kick out of my “anything but a parking lot view” room from earlier this month…
Lots of greenery there. It's not the worst thing in the world. The reason I wouldn't mind second or third floor there is that at least you have a monorail view, which is kinda nice to see.

Last edited:
If 1st floor Pago Pago is the "not" then I'd make the main request Tokelau or Moorea and 2nd request 3rd (or else high) floor. Even still with something similar I got 2nd floor parking lot but it was just for 1 night. It was fine. The noisy neighbors were a different story though. A big group constantly going back and forth between rooms and out on the balconies.

Thought you’d all get a kick out of my “anything but a parking lot view” room from earlier this month… :laughing:

View attachment 711885

I don't like to use the "not" request. Too easy for someone to miss that part and way too many reports of getting what they requested to not get. Better is to request something that you want or that will keep you away from what you most don't want.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter