Rope Dropping EPCOT - International Gateway

DanBTheMan

Earning My Ears
My family and I are staying at the Poly in April and planning to Rope Drop EPCOT one day.

What is the best way to getting to that entrance from Poly?

Is there a benefit to rope dropping the International Gateway over the main entrance, even though the ease of using the monorail makes the front of the park more convenient?

Thanks for the help and advice.

Your only real option is to take a bus to Hollywood Studios and either walk to the International Gateway (it's about 1/2 mile) or take the boat.

It depends on what you want to do first (assuming you're rope dropping for an attraction). Even though it's busier, the main entrance tends to be closer to *most* of the popular attractions, except for Ratatouille, for example. So consider what you want to do first and maybe use that as a guide.

If you want to RD Remy, I guess there is a benefit. I'm not sure it's worth the hassle. Heading to DHS and then walking to EP IG or boating there is quite a hassle. Only other options would be uber/lyft to Swan/Dolphin and walking or taking the boat or a Minnie Van to BC and walking - both of which cost $$.

I'd get a bus from TTC to Yacht club and walk or take the boat from there. (EDIT: probably not TTC but MK and bus to Epcot)
Uber is also an option.

Yacht Club is my choice just as its one stop on the boat or a short (IMO) walk.

Last edited:
I get a bus from TTC to Yacht club and walk or take the boat from there.
Uber is also an option.

Yacht Club is my choice just as its one stop on the boat or a short (IMO) walk.
A bus from TTC or from the MK bus stop? I didn't think there were buses to Disney resorts from the TTC itself (next to the Poly).

A bus from TTC or from the MK bus stop? I didn't think there were buses to Disney resorts from the TTC itself (next to the Poly).
Yeah I think you are right - so you would have to go to MK and grab the bus which is a bit more hassle.

I always recall having issues getting from Poly to other places - for example the Boardwalk after Trader Sams.
I think my only option was to go to Disney Springs and then back to Boardwalk.

I would take a ride share to the swolphin but I don’t think it’s worth it. Since they put in the skyliner the international entrance is not always faster as they didn’t increase the size of the security/tickets an area. I have wondered why they didn’t have people clear security before getting in the skyliner and having a separate ticket area for them to scan in.

One thing on the ride shares - at least in my experience - there were always flash sales to the Disney hotels on Uber the last two weeks, but not Swan and Dolphin - so it was 25% cheaper to go to Boardwalk for example. YMMV so check both just to see.

The one advantage with SwanDolphin is you don't have to deal with security, the Disney Hotels stop you at security and want to see an ID.

I wouldn’t bother. If you look at the historical wait times on thrill data you’re almost as well off rope dropping Frozen instead. I give Frozen the edge because if it’s closed you can pivot to something else in Future World whereas if Reny is closed you’re stuck hiking it from IG to Future World hoping you beat the general rope drop to something over there.

If you want to RD Remy, I guess there is a benefit. I'm not sure it's worth the hassle.
If that's what you decide to do, though, and it's Remy you're after, plan on being there 30 minutes before EE officially starts. Last month I walked into the IG right at EE time, and the line to Remy was already back to Chef's de France. I was only interested in being one of the first in line for the bakery that day but I had to "part the ways" of the people in line for Remy.. For my Remy trips, I'd be inside the IG entrance about 30 minutes before EE was scheduled to start, but the actuality was that CMs were already letting people through. By 10 minutes after EE "officially" started ( Epcot's announced official EE time was 9:30, so this was 9:40), I was walking out of Remy, done with my ride.

One thing on the ride shares - at least in my experience - there were always flash sales to the Disney hotels on Uber the last two weeks, but not Swan and Dolphin - so it was 25% cheaper to go to Boardwalk for example. YMMV so check both just to see.

The one advantage with SwanDolphin is you don't have to deal with security, the Disney Hotels stop you at security and want to see an ID.
The WDW hotels around crescent lake will also ask if you have an ADR or are a guest of the resort. If you don’t have either, be prepared to be turned away. Many people try to use these resorts as an easy way through to IG, which is why it’s advisable to take a rideshare to swolphin.

The WDW hotels around crescent lake will also ask if you have an ADR or are a guest of the resort. If you don’t have either, be prepared to be turned away. Many people try to use these resorts as an easy way through to IG, which is why it’s advisable to take a rideshare to swolphin.
Yeah - that was why I picked boardwalk - I figure there is the boardwalk entertainment area and worst case i could say I was going to that bakery.

Also they could just drop me there and I could walk in or redirect over to swan dolphin as it is next door.

I would not even bother to try this with the monorail resorts.

Yeah - that was why I picked boardwalk - I figure there is the boardwalk entertainment area and worst case i could say I was going to that bakery.

Also they could just drop me there and I could walk in or redirect over to swan dolphin as it is next door.

If “that bakery” is the Boardwalk Bakery, be aware that it is now the Boardwalk Deli. The Cake Bake Shop that will (someday) replace the ESPN location is so far behind schedule in its renovation that I would not count on an opening date in 2024.

I wouldn’t bother. If you look at the historical wait times on thrill data you’re almost as well off rope dropping Frozen instead. I give Frozen the edge because if it’s closed you can pivot to something else in Future World whereas if Reny is closed you’re stuck hiking it from IG to Future World hoping you beat the general rope drop to something over there.

I know MMV but in my 5 times rope dropping Remy. I’ve been off the ride before 830 and heading to frozen. They seem to be more willing to get Remy going early in the morning than most rides I’ve see. In my experience.

You need to have an ADR, so quick serve at the bakery won’t get you through the gate. Something like Cape May’s would.

You need to have an ADR, so quick serve at the bakery won’t get you through the gate. Something like Cape May’s would.
Well - like I said I had no issues at all in early March - as always YMMV.

A solo traveler may get less hassle than a family of 4 - they asked to see the uber drives ID and that was that.
8AM or so on a Sunday.

The guards at the gates have different attitudes. I arrived at Boardwalk in a towncar in October and the guard was not easy-going. The driver said I was checking in. The guard insisted on talking to me, not the driver. My guess is that if I did not have a hotel or dining resie, this particular guard would not have let the car in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter