Rope dropping EPCOT which should I go to first?

I would do Joy/Sadness since that should be quick, then soarin and get a FP for TT.

Can’t fast pass TR already have frozen fast pass
I would do Joy and Sadness and then Test Track. Soarin' has a decent que because they have an online game you can play on your phone. We went in March and the game helped pass the time. Plus, we didn't end up waiting as long as the time shown.

I have been debating the same thing. If people are let into the park before set opening time do the attractions still not start until opening time? So-for example if park rope drop is at 8:45 on a 9 am open day will TT start running as soon as people get in line or wait until 9? I am guessing that characters will not be out until right at 9 so I was wondering if that should sway our decision....

I have been debating the same thing. If people are let into the park before set opening time do the attractions still not start until opening time? So-for example if park rope drop is at 8:45 on a 9 am open day will TT start running as soon as people get in line or wait until 9? I am guessing that characters will not be out until right at 9 so I was wondering if that should sway our decision....
You could always do TT first and then go to the characters after. I doubt the characters will have much of a wait even after you ride TT. We took pictures with Baymax right in the morning after doing Living with the Land and MAYBE waited 10 minutes.

I would do Joy and sadness, then TT, then Soarin.

Or do TT last if you're fine doing single rider

We did joy and sadness and then Baymax at rope drop. When we were done there was already a long line (maybe 30 minutes?). This was in August. Then went to Soarin which had a 45 minute wait by then. We can’t wait in long lines because of my husband’s back, so we didn’t go on it. But - just putting this out ther - I was able to get a fastpass for both Soarin and test track after we finished our initial 3 fastpasses by refreshing dozens of times.

Anyways, our thinking was joy and sadness first since they don’t have a fastpass.

I would do Joy and sadness, then TT, then Soarin.

Or do TT last if you're fine doing single rider

I am not very familiar with Epcot-are we adding a lot of extra walking with the TT, Joy and Sadness, Soarin plan? We plan on heading back to FEA to use our 11-12 FP after Soarin.

After getting burned twice with TT (ride down) and having it eat up our prime RD ride time, we always fastpass that and do soarin' first. In your case, I would do J/S then Soarin' since it's right across the way :)

We did TT then J/S then Soarin in May in part because of the threat of rain. TT was about 10 min, J/S was about half an hour and Soarin was about 20-30 mins. We were also able to get Soarin FPs later in the day by dividing up our group and refreshing often.

After getting burned twice with TT (ride down) and having it eat up our prime RD ride time, we always fastpass that and do soarin' first. In your case, I would do J/S then Soarin' since it's right across the way :)

Sorry to hijack your thread but I have a similar question. We took last year off from WDW to take a road trip out west. We haven't done Frozen yet, we haven't been to Soarin since they added a 3rd theater and we haven't seen Baymax since he was at DHS. In my initial plans we don't have any FP's for TT on any of our Epcot days. Our current plan is to rope drop TT which makes me a little nervous because we have also been burned a time or 2 in the past with TT not being operational at RD. On a moderately busy Friday(Dec. 15) if we were to rope drop Frozen, meet Baymax and then do Soarin in the standby line, what time would you expect us to be finished with Soarin?

Sorry to hijack your thread but I have a similar question. We took last year off from WDW to take a road trip out west. We haven't done Frozen yet, we haven't been to Soarin since they added a 3rd theater and we haven't seen Baymax since he was at DHS. In my initial plans we don't have any FP's for TT on any of our Epcot days. Our current plan is to rope drop TT which makes me a little nervous because we have also been burned a time or 2 in the past with TT not being operational at RD. On a moderately busy Friday(Dec. 15) if we were to rope drop Frozen, meet Baymax and then do Soarin in the standby line, what time would you expect us to be finished with Soarin?

I have never been in Epcot in mid December, but if it's similar to early December (when we went last year) I don't think you'll have too much trouble with Soarin'. We gave up on TT about 45 minutes after RD and Soarin' was only up to a 20 min wait. The Baymax line when we went a few weeks ago was VERY short compared to last December - maybe 15 mins tops and it seemed pretty consistent. I have never attempted Frozen without a FP+ so I can't help with that part. I wish I could be more helpful!

Is there any sort of announcement at rope drop or will MDE show us if TT is down for the morning or do you have to enter the que and find out then?!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter