• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rory's Birthday Trip Day 4

JulieH

Mouseketeer
DAY 4- WEDNESDAY 8TH JUNE 2005

I woke up at 6.30, DS woke up about 7.20 and DH slept on. DS and I decided to go swimming. DS had wanted to do this all week so I thought it would be best this morning when we had our Fantasyland breakfast. We spent about ½ an hour in the pool which was lovely then went back to the room to shower. DH had woken up and showered by the time we got back.

We walked to the park and up Main Street to Fantasyland. We didn’t get told which restaurant to go to so we just kept walking until we saw people moving about. The breakfast there was pretty much the same as in the NBC. It was getting very busy by the time we were finished and ready to leave. We then had another go on Dumbo ( I think Peter Pan was having technical difficulties that morning). We went to Alice’s Curious Labyrinth and took lots of photos. We liked the bit with the jumping water. DS also liked the mirrors in the bottom of the castle. We had wanted to the Casey Jnr and Le Pays des Contes de Fees, but they didn’t open until 11. We went to Adventureland and walked past Pirates of the Caribbean which was closed. There was a pirate standing outside and I asked if I could take a photo of him and DS. DS got quite worried when the pirate drew out his cutlass and was going to cut his throat. It made a good photo though. We went to Adventure Isle and the Robinson tree house. We weren’t too sure about the rope bridge though. Captain Hook’s pirate ship was closed that day. We went back to Fantasyland then and did Casey Jnr and the Fairytale ride. After this we went back to Adventureland and went to Indiana Jones, this was a walk on. DH didn’t want to do it as he has a dodgy back and he’d hurt it the day before on Autopia when he and DS were getting out of their car and the car behind had run into them. We didn’t want to risk it getting hurt again so he said he’d give it a miss. DS said that I could go on it and then tell him what it was like. I ended up sitting next to an 18ish year old who was giving me instructions on how to enjoy the ride ( arms in air shout wooo!!, I said no grabbing hold of harness and shouting ooohhh!!).I didn’t find it too bad but DS didn’t believe me. After this we had hotdogs at the stand just along from there.

We walked through to Frontierland and had look at Pocahontas Indian Village, and got some photos and autographs with Chip and Dale, and one of the Country bears. Then we found the Chaparral Theatre and people were already queuing for the 1 oclock show of Tarzan so we just decided to do the same. It was very warm that day so it was nice to get into the shade for a while. The show was very good. After this we came out and decided to go on the Railroad. We took the train all the way round the park and got back off again in Frontierland .

We then decided to go and get icecreams. We went to The Gibson Girl Icecream Parlour and had trouble trying to decide which flavours to try. It was a lovely sunny day so we decide to find a place to watch the parade. We sat on a bench opposite Pizzeria Bella Notte. DH and DS got themselves by the rope so DH could get a good view for the video. DS was sitting on the road under the rope when a CM came across, we thought she was going to say he had to move back. She had seen all his pins and wondered if he wanted to trade. She gave him one from her pocket too, and told him there was pin trading later that evening. We had a great view of the parade and it was really great.

We had another wander around and then went to The Rainforest Café for tea. This was a lovely meal which we all enjoyed. DH had the Mojo bones, I had Rasta Pasta, and DS had pasta with tomato sauce. Lovely big helpings and great surroundings. We weren’t near any of the animals that moved, but DS was making faces like the gorillas behind us. He got a bit of a fright when the storm started. We were all stuffed, but when the sweet menu came I just had to have Crème Brulee. It was an expensive meal but drinks there were not cheap.

We returned to the park for the pin trading at Main Street and then went on some rides until park closing. We went to the hotel and had a drink in the bar ( this sounds like we’re alcoholics but that usually meant a 1664 for DH, a coffee for me and a coke for DS while I wrote the post cards).

I was shattered , all the waking early was catching up with me (DH said we should go on holiday more often as I’m usually last one up at home.). We went back to the room and DH took DS to the games arcade for about half an hour and I was asleep when they came back.

Julie, another great installment.
My troop always insist on a rainforest cafe visit. We have all enjoyed ourselves.

Reid

JulieH said:
DAY 4- WEDNESDAY 8TH JUNE 2005

I ended up sitting next to an 18ish year old who was giving me instructions on how to enjoy the ride ( arms in air shout wooo!!, I said no grabbing hold of harness and shouting ooohhh!!).

I think you are VERY brave to do this, I would love to have the guts to do it but would probably end up with my eyes tightly shut and miss all the theming!!!

Another lovely instalment, thanks.:flower:

Yet another lovely report, Julie! It sounds like you're "having" a really great time. :)

Great report! :sunny:

arms in air shout wooo!!, I said no grabbing hold of harness and shouting ooohhh!!

:rotfl:

I would love to have the guts to do it but would probably end up with my eyes tightly shut and miss all the theming!!!

Don't worry Elaine, Indiana Jones probably has the least theming of any ride at DLP. Still worth a try though - it's a fun ride!

I just thought that we were there and it would be a shame to say at the end of the holiday that we'd missed a lot of rides. We only missed Pirates of the Carribean as it was closed and Space Mountain 2 as we weren't quite sure what it was like and weren't brave enough.I did Indiana Jones and Armageddon on my own as DS wasn't brave and DH stayed with him.I've told him that he shouldn't find either of those too bad next time we go!!

Another great day Julie!

I can't blame you for not following the 18 year old's suggestion though, LOL :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter