Rose and Crown NYE

Lesley Wake

DIS Veteran
Im starting to figure out my plan of attack for NYE at Epcot this year. Anyone know if Rose & Crown is a good option for this? I know you aren’t guaranteed a view of the lake (unless they do the special dinner like they now do for Illuminations), but they do have a reserved area right in front of the restaurant. Would that be available on NYE? And what time would you recommend? Is 10pm good, with stretching out three courses? Or should I attempt to make it earlier/later?

Last year on NYE, they told us the reserved viewing area was no longer available. I do not know if they just meant for that night or whether R & C no longer keeps that area reserved for guests dining at the restaurant. We were lucky enough to have a good table to view the fireworks.

Last year on NYE, they told us the reserved viewing area was no longer available. I do not know if they just meant for that night or whether R & C no longer keeps that area reserved for guests dining at the restaurant. We were lucky enough to have a good table to view the fireworks.
Any advice on the appropriate reservation time so I could get a good view?

I’ve done New Year’s Eve many times there. We have always booked for the early fireworks. Tended to book around 515 to 530 but check the early firework schedule. They celebrate the New Years early there so fun to see the wait staff excited. The thing I don’t like is the inability to know where you will be seated. I’m always nervous about it. I have no advice if you want to be there for later fireworks as I have never done that. We do the early ones and exit park. It’s crazy crowded by then. Head to our Epcot resort and watch later fireworks from there.

Any advice on the appropriate reservation time so I could get a good view?

Unfortunately there is no right answer. I have always found that getting a fireworks view table at R & C is the luck of the draw. On NYE they definitely do not let you wait for an outside table to become available. Plus, you have 2 showings that day to choose from. We were at R & C for the early showing. For the late showing we found a random spot in the World Showcase and although there were people standing in front of us, we could see well enough since everything is going on high above.

Unfortunately there is no right answer. I have always found that getting a fireworks view table at R & C is the luck of the draw. On NYE they definitely do not let you wait for an outside table to become available. Plus, you have 2 showings that day to choose from. We were at R & C for the early showing. For the late showing we found a random spot in the World Showcase and although there were people standing in front of us, we could see well enough since everything is going on high above.
I've noticed it mentioned Epcot has 2 showings. I thought the special NYE fireworks were only at midnight? I know they do the earlier normal fireworks, but is it like MK where both showings are the same?

I've noticed it mentioned Epcot has 2 showings. I thought the special NYE fireworks were only at midnight? I know they do the earlier normal fireworks, but is it like MK where both showings are the same?

We were in Epcot for July 4 & NYE last year, so I am trying to remember the differences. The late fireworks are the special NYE ones, but the earlier one was still amazing and not the normal Illuminations. There was a special ending. Since they were different, we stayed in the park for both. We actually went to Spice Road Table for a late reservation, hoping for a table on the water, but that did not pan out, so we ate quickly and then ventured out into the World Showcase to watch the later fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter