Royal Caribbean Excursions - looking for feedback (eastern itinerary)

nkereina

Last chance to lose your keys.
Looking for feedback from anyone who has booked these excursions through Royal Caribbean:

1. Discover Atlantis Tour - this is the tour that does NOT inlclude beach/waterpark access. Does anyone know if this is self-guided or is it a completely guided tour? Description says it's 3.5 hours long.

2. Discover St. Thomas & Magen's Bay - 4 hour long island tour with time at Magen's Bay beach. Anyone know if chair rentals are available?

3. Maho Beach Experience - anyone know if this includes roundtrip transportation? Description says you can take a cab back at your leisure.

Does know know if Royal Caribbean's phone agents have these details if I were to call? Or if I decide to wait and book once we're on board, is there a chance these excursions are already full?

Thanks!

Looking for feedback from anyone who has booked these excursions through Royal Caribbean:

1. Discover Atlantis Tour - this is the tour that does NOT inlclude beach/waterpark access. Does anyone know if this is self-guided or is it a completely guided tour? Description says it's 3.5 hours long.

2. Discover St. Thomas & Magen's Bay - 4 hour long island tour with time at Magen's Bay beach. Anyone know if chair rentals are available?

3. Maho Beach Experience - anyone know if this includes roundtrip transportation? Description says you can take a cab back at your leisure.

Does know know if Royal Caribbean's phone agents have these details if I were to call? Or if I decide to wait and book once we're on board, is there a chance these excursions are already full?

Thanks!

We didn't do the excursions but did take a shuttle to Megan's Bay. Yes there are chairs available to rent there and at St. Marten also if you decide to go to town shopping and beach area there.

We didn't do the excursions but did take a shuttle to Megan's Bay. Yes there are chairs available to rent there and at St. Marten also if you decide to go to town shopping and beach area there.

Thank you! Was there a bar and food available at Magen's Bay as well? Our tour doesn't include lunch so we're hoping there's something there we can grab.

Thank you! Was there a bar and food available at Magen's Bay as well? Our tour doesn't include lunch so we're hoping there's something there we can grab.

Yes there is a bar and I believe there was food available also. Just make sure you have Cash, American Express or Master Card available. Visa not excepted.

Thanks again! Speaking of cash, did you find American money to be accepted in St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and the Bahamas (if you went there)?

I've heard the Discover Atlantis tour is disappointing. The tour guides aren't very motivated because you're not actually a guest. It's mostly a tease of where you could be relaxing had you bought a day pass. My only source is internet forums though.

I've never made if out of the harbor in St. Thomas. We've always done a sailing excursion there (highly recommend, even private if not available through RCCL). But, my understanding is it's one of the safer islands to just go explore on your own. I think it's populated with a lot of American retirees avoiding income taxes on their social security ;)

As far as St. Maarten's goes, we've been there 3 times now. Tried a different type of excursion each time ranging from glass bottom boats, kayaking, & snorkeling. The next time we go I GIVE UP... I'm just going to find the closest nice-looking resort and buy a day pass. Pretty island, boring excursions.

I would never wait until you're on board to book an excursion . Your choices will be limited. And you don't want to be planning your vacation after you've already left right? Plus the annoying groans of all the passengers behind you in line won't help your mood.

I second that you should not wait until boarding to book tours. Get on board and start enjoying your cruise instead of waiting in line and finding out things are sold out. When in St. Thomas, I would recommend an excursion to Trunk Bay on the Island of St. John. Is is considered one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. BTW, If you do a search on the internet, you will find that their is crime against tourists on all the islands. Use common sense as you would in any tourist situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter