Royal Dropping Testing for Vaxxed on Cruises 5 nights or shorter

No way! I never want to go through that again, flying cross-country only to have to wait and hope that I don't test positive at port, then worry about how to get home if I were to test positive. I'll happily take the silly antigen test in advance before going through that again. I always tested before flying out, anyway, just as a precaution to try to avoid a surprise at port.
I get that. The added stress was terrible. But on the other hand, there were very few cases on the ships back then and I didn't have to worry about catching Covid-19 on the cruise and then ruining whatever vacation I had planned after the cruise.

I get that. The added stress was terrible. But on the other hand, there were very few cases on the ships back then and I didn't have to worry about catching Covid-19 on the cruise and then ruining whatever vacation I had planned after the cruise.
Keep in mind back when PCRs were the test, there were other migration measures ( mask requirements, less crowds and many CAnadian or international travelers had additional testing on top. ( back in December I needed 2 tests that were 3’days apart before we made it onboard). AND Omicron took off first when the testing changed.

I guess I’m ambivalent. Tell me what the rules are, and I will decide if I want to cruise or not. Anyone who is not willing to catch it should not cruise now. Husband and I caught it at Disneyland, most likely, late June. Son didn’t get it from us. Just got off Fantasy and driving home to Texas. Son had symptoms/fever night 6 of a 9 night. We did fly and did Universal and then Disney for a week before. He was very good about wearing an N95 indoors and in crowds. He was pretty good about it on the ship. We did eat indoors in Orlando and on the ship. Husband and I are still negative and no symptoms, even after quarantining with him in the cabin with no masks. He’s doing well though. There were a decent number of people on our infected bus back to MCO for a rental car. We didn’t have table mates at dinner,

I’m curious, if they go to no testing for cruises 5 nights and under, how will DCL be handling 3 + 4 day back to back….

I’m curious, if they go to no testing for cruises 5 nights and under, how will DCL be handling 3 + 4 day back to back….
Either it’s a loophole ( but you are restricted on itinerary choices) or they put B2B in a need to test for second portion group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter