ROYAL PACIFIC RESORT INFO...FAQ and more......

We did have tasty tacos one afternoon poolside. FYI poolside service tacked on a "service fee". When we asked if this was a built in tip, the response was that it was so it could be taxed? That seemed an odd way to explain it and there was still a tip line on the bill. The food was good but that experience kind of turned us off. We were not in the pool chairs, we took a table by the bar, so we were ordering from a person not online. I don't know, it was later on arrival day, we had been up since 4, worked, drove, flew, drove, and were just hungry and looking for food. Maybe we missed something if this sounds wrong to someone with more experience here.
Most of the servers will mention that there is already a service fee charged at the pool bars, a few didn't. (That bugged me.) When just ordering drinks sometimes I would add a little extra tip anyway, but I was less inclined to if the server didn't mention the fee was already added!

Club offerings were decent, especially the breakfast selections. A wide variety of prepackaged cereals and oatmeals, plenty of beverages, breads to toast, hot and cold options on the buffet, coffee, teas etc.
This is the first mention I’ve seen of hot breakfast items at RPR (at least since COVID). We will be staying club level for the first time on our next trip. Do you remember what the hot items were? Is the food still prepackaged or self serve?

This is the first mention I’ve seen of hot breakfast items at RPR (at least since COVID). We will be staying club level for the first time on our next trip. Do you remember what the hot items were? Is the food still prepackage or self serve?

No hot options for breakfast when we left Dec 8th.

Self serve is back though, and has been for a while, no more pre packaged food.

Our first stay at Royal Pacific. I put in a request for Tower 3. Does anyone know where the King Suites are? We have a King Suite booked. Since this is also our Anniversary I am hoping this will be a repeat stay for us.

We've used our AppleTV at most of the resorts, RPR included. I have a small wireless bridge that I use that easily gets me, and all of our devices, through the WiFi portal. The bridge connects to the resort WiFi, then my devices connect to that bridge. As far as the resort network is concerned, I am only connecting one device - the bridge. I get that through the portal, then all connected devices pass through without an issue.

An additional benefit is that the LAN side of that bridge (facing my devices) uses the same network settings as my home network. No reconfiguration of my devices needed - they connect automatically as they would at home.

I'm not sure how you would get through the WiFi portal without a bridge - or if the portal is smart enough to recognize devices without a web interface through which to answer the portal questions.

Can you tell me what bridge you bought? We will be heading to Universal next month and want to make sure we can use our Roku along with my laptop and kindle.

Can you tell me what bridge you bought? We will be heading to Universal next month and want to make sure we can use our Roku along with my laptop and kindle.
I have the TP-Link AC750. I leave it in a electronic organizer travel bag (along with a handful cables and AC chargers for various phones, cameras, etc.) and grab that bag whenever we travel. You might be able to do without it, but it makes things a lot easier. We've used it on probably a dozen trips to hotels, AirBnBs, Vrbo's, etc. It's great to only have to enter the WiFi password one time to get all of your devices online.

The only issue I have with it is that the power cable (micro USB) is kind of a loose connection. It takes some wiggling to get it to stay in. Might just be my unit, though.

Our first stay at Royal Pacific. I put in a request for Tower 3. Does anyone know where the King Suites are? We have a King Suite booked. Since this is also our Anniversary I am hoping this will be a repeat stay for us.

They`re usually the first 2 rooms as you come out of the elevator.

One is pool facing. T3 is the tower we always stay in, works for us.

This is the first mention I’ve seen of hot breakfast items at RPR (at least since COVID). We will be staying club level for the first time on our next trip. Do you remember what the hot items were? Is the food still prepackaged or self serve?
Oh boy the pressure to remember...... :-) I believe there was always a scrambled egg and a meat. I think bacon one day and sausage another plus another section with fresh fruit, cold meat (like sliced ham) and hard boiled eggs. Sorry I am not a hot meal early in the morning person and I grabbed fruit and moved on. For prepackaged there was oatmeal and various cereals. Breads were all loose. I actually liked their breakfast options better then the WL when we stayed there later in the week. Better choices in the oatmeal and cereal department and more fruit available.

Hi, I am staying at Royal Pacific for the first time in February. I have an autistic daughter who needs her DVDs to unwind at the end of a day. We normally stay DVC at Disney and those TVs have a hookup for the DVD player right to the TV. Does the TV in the RP room have that capability, or do I need to bring her a small TV?

TIA

You can definitely connect via an HDMI cable - someone else might know about using other cables instead.

You can bring a Roku/Firestick if that would suit your needs.

You can definitely connect via an HDMI cable - someone else might know about using other cables instead.

You can bring a Roku/Firestick if that would suit your needs.
I concur. We usually take our AppleTV and connect via HDMI. I haven't had to look for other ports, so I don't know if they also had component (Red, Blue, Green) or composite (yellow) video connections.

I just booked a club 2Queen room for next Dec 30-Jan 1st. Excited to spend New Years here! We do Disney often, but this is our first Universal trip. This thread has me SO pumped for our visit!

That is exciting!!

For your first visit, and you`ll be so glad of the EP that time of year! I`m sure your trip will be wonderful.

Did prices just go up for Royal Pacific?

I've been eying a stay around the 4th of July. I could have sworn the last time I looked it was around $450 a night, now it shows around $600.

Wondering if I messed up by not making the reservation when I first looked.

The room I booked for December (King Club) is no longer available, but the 2 Queen which would be the same price has gone up $250 for the same two weeks.

I looked to add a Saturday night ( separate )before my existing 5 night ressie and a standard queen cost more then our King Club! I'm watching the AP rates for sure.

Working on a honeymoon trip for my son and soon to be daughter in law - They have a day booked at Discovery Cove - they will not have a car. What is the best way to get from Royal Pacifica to Discovery Cove and back? I see that the resort offers transport to Aquatica and Sea World but not anything listed for Discovery Cove.

Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter