RPH - rooms too close to rides and very noisy??

wildabouttheworld

Mouseketeer
I read a trip report from Travelocity about the rooms at the Royal Pacific being so close to the rides that the guests could not sleep. We just booked our stay there. Has anyone else heard this? Are there rooms we should stay away from?

We were at RPH in July. We had a standard view room looking dead-on to the Incredible Hulk Rollercoaster and the fireworks. No noise at all from rides. We loved it.

We stayed at the RPH and found it much quieter than HRH which is pratically in the US. RPH much farther away from IOA than HRH is to US. Citywalk is closer to RPH . Anyway, I do not recall hearing any of the IOA rides from my room or even waiting at the boat dock, which is the closest point to IOA. I suppose the direction of wind may have something to do with those who complained.

Dad of 3

You can hear the hum of the Hulk as it warms up in the morning, but not enough to wake you up and I am a VERY LIGHT sleeper. I loved it and the view was excellent! It did NOT interrupt our trip at all!

We were in tower 3 at RPR and didn't hear anything from the parks. I think tower 2 would be kind of close to the Hulk? And isn't tower 2 farther away also? Vaguely like this:

. ..........................USO.......................................... HRH

..............................................City Walk
..........................IOA
..................................................RPR Tower 2

.........Lagoon.........Pool.............................

.................RPR Tower 3..............RPR Tower 1

Nice map Eclpz314!! :p

We didnt hear any noise at all from our room either.

Great map! I also could hear the Hulk in the morning but nothing very loud.

The best themepark view was from Tower 1, Floor 7, Room 1740. We could hear the Hulk, but we got used to it and we didn't even notice it anymore. Fireworks you can hear, but they don't have fireworks on a regular basis.

This did not keep us from getting any sleep at all. Yes, the rides are quite close by, but no, it won't cause problems falling asleep (especially with beds and pillows as comfy as those in the room itself!!! ;)).

Thanks all! I only added all the dots because the words got jumbled if I didn't! Our room was 3127 in Tower 3 (Royal). I know the other towers had names too but I don't remember them. Our room looked over a huge pond filled with lillies and ducks w/ WnWild in the distance. We had wanted poolview, but this turned out more relaxing when we did spend time in the room......plus we had a great view of those afternoon storms approaching. This was also the closest to the water taxi which came in very handy after those long days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter