Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney is no doubt prepping for reopening and has been. All of their new/final procedures may not be in place just yet but they are certainly working on them daily. Like others have said they have been working on what to do, how to do it, and so much more since before the closure. This has never happened before so there is no blue print for it. They have to develop one and that is likely a longer process than it would be otherwise.
Do you know if any physical preparations have started anywhere on property yet?

Disney is probably not going to have many Canadians going to the parks for awhile. With the U.S. moving so quick to reopen where Canada is going very slow, its going to be very difficult to get medical insurance that's covers Covid-19. Its going to keep many Canadians home.
Not just Canada. No sign of flight bans to europe being lifted.

What about all those visitors from brazil/etc?

I'll say Disney is doing maintenance and cleaning things but they aren't currently doing it in a pace that they are opening tomorrow either. To my knowledge they aren't putting in signage or markings yet for any possible social distancing procedures either. Not to say that isn't happening but its not happening in mass yet at least. There is very much only a skeleton crew working right now in the parks not a full bore maintenance like they would during normal operation.

I'll say Disney is doing maintenance and cleaning things but they aren't currently doing it in a pace that they are opening tomorrow either. To my knowledge they aren't putting in signage or markings yet for any possible social distancing procedures either. Not to say that isn't happening but its not happening in mass yet at least. There is very much only a skeleton crew working right now in the parks not a full bore maintenance like they would during normal operation.
Have there been any reports of cast members getting called back for training? I feel like if we hear that, it could be a good sign.

Just want to note. I wear a mask for patient interaction. In that 15 minutes I'm starting to sweat as the temps are increasing with summer coming. This is inside. For me masks in outdoor Florida heat, masks will be soaked so fast I'd need a bag full for half a day.
Yes.......My sister, brother-in-laws wife and close firend are dental hygienists. My niece is an ICU nurse. They, except my niece who is in full virus gear right now, wear masks 8 hours a day 5 days a week in an air conditioned office and they get extremely hot, sweaty and uncomfortable. They cant wait to rip those off. All of them said they would never go on a vacation and wear masks all day, especially in the FL heat and humidity. They said nothing would kill the vacation vibe more than that.

This summer will not be the time for anyone to go as a first time there trip.
I agree, but also disagree. Myself, husband, and kids have been 20 times, but this will be my granddaughter's first trip. Our trip is July 1-6 and we're going if they're open. She won't know that she's missing out on being able to hug a princess, she'll be happy to SEE a princess in real life from afar. Same for any character. She won't know she's missing out on parades or fireworks or any show that's not open. She will simply be mesmerized by being at Disney and riding rides and seeing Cinderella's castle. Plus, I think Disney will have "new magic" to replace what they're temporarily removing due to Covid. (I'm an optimist and I find joy in most anything!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter