Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Temp checks are maybe the biggest issue there for me. Spend several 1000 $ on a trip only to get to the gate and fail a temp check and get put on a 14 day quarantine? Insurance probably wont be covering that either.

Ok if you're feeling slightly unwell then you should be staying at the hotel anyway, but with most paying huge amounts of money for their trips few will be willing to skip trying to get into parks no matter how ill they feel.

Yeah we won't return until temp checks aren't a thing. DD has issues, and often reads as though she has a temp. She can range anywhere from 99.5 - 100.6, while perfectly healthy.

I would definitely be taking a themometer with me to stop any surprises at the gates. lol But honestly, if your fever is over 100 degrees, you know you're sick- you feel it. And at that point, I'm good with Disney saying nope, not spreading your germs today. For those who say they run 100 degrees normally, I'm sorry, you're going to have a problem. In all honesty, I don't see temp checks happening- but it wouldn't stop me. None of us run 100 + when we aren't sick. We had a trip where one by one, we all got sick. Some of us missed most of the trip staying in the room. others just got caught at the end of the trip. Getting sick on vacation and missing out has always been a risk.

While I agree that you should stay in if you are sick so as to not spread any disease, you can run a fever with this virus and feel otherwise fine. Disney is going to get its share of people that are spiking a fever but feel fine and they will be irate when they are turned away at the gate.
Additionally, many carriers of this virus will not show ANY symptoms, not even a fever. In fact, recent spikes in testing has shown that the large majority of people who have contracted the virus have been entirely unaware as they had no symptoms at all. This, to me, means that temperature scans are simply theater.

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/new...r-meet-greets-at-enchanted-garden-restaurant/

• The restaurant was previously a buffet and resumed food service mid-March on weekends only through a manu rather than a buffet.
  • Guests will be allowed to take pictures of the characters from their tables, but can’t hug or touch them as part of safe social distancing practices.
I could Disney implementing that here. I would imagine meet and greets would be the same here.

Yes, and 6 feet isn't as far as most people think. You could still have meet and greets at 6 feet without touching. They could come up with some cute poses for pictures.

While I agree that you should stay in if you are sick so as to not spread any disease, you can run a fever with this virus and feel otherwise fine. Disney is going to get its share of people that are spiking a fever but feel fine and they will be irate when they are turned away at the gate.
Additionally, many carriers of this virus will not show ANY symptoms, not even a fever. In fact, recent spikes in testing has shown that the large majority of people who have contracted the virus have been entirely unaware as they had no symptoms at all. This, to me, means that temperature scans are simply theater.
I'm not saying they should do temperature checks or if they're effective or not. I'm just saying it won't stop me from going if they do. Btw, there are going to be irate guests no matter what they do.

I agree it's all theater. I work for a fire department and we have out temperature taken twice daily. Sometimes it shows up at 94 and 95°,so for disney to do this will just be a joke. Beside if you have a temp you have had the virus for 7 days or close to it. So you have exposed many people by that point.

I’ve read through most of the posts in this thread but have not come across anyone pointing out the discrepancy between the Orange County phases and the Florida Governor’s phases. The Governor’s plan dictates that Theme Parks shall remain closed during Phase 1 and in Phase 2 they can reopen with reduced capacity, social distancing policies and extra cleaning procedures in place.
Correct me if I am wrong or am missing something here but, don’t the local governments have to follow the state guidelines at a minimum? IOTW, they can be stricter but not more lax.
This would mean that OC’s Phase 1 is meaningless unless their phase 1 doesn’t kick in until the states phase 2, which is just confusing.

I’m trying to get my head around Disney opening in June when my county, 30 miles north, won’t be opening tennis and pickleball until June or July.

Here's some food for thought. Apparently the number of vaccines for Covid-19 that are being considered for clinical trials has been whittled down to 14 from some 95+ worldwide. There is some serious fast-tracking being done and some scientists are optimistic enough to believe we may, MAY, have a vaccine as soon as January. What if Disney is looking at those bits and pieces of info and considering the benefits of keeping the whole shebang closed until 2021? What do you think?

Im not anti vac and I wouldnt inject myself with something that was rushed through the testing process with the goal of making money (the economy) in mind.

I would be more inclined to go without a mask.

I'm not saying they should do temperature checks or if they're effective or not. I'm just saying it won't stop me from going if they do. Btw, there are going to be irate guests no matter what they do.
Don’t get me wrong. I wasn’t saying that you were endorsing the practice or not. I’m just pointing out the fact that even if you feel fine you could be a carrier so, what’s the point of temp checks. Your trip where a cold/virus affected your whole party is not likely to be how things will go with this virus. You guys did the right thing and stayed in your room but if you didn’t know that you were a carrier you wouldn’t have stayed in.
Unless someone developes an instant test that is accurate and Disney gets access to it, no counter measure they put in place is going to make a difference. even instant tests would be a flawed approach because of the spread that could’ve occurred prior to the test being administered.
Masks for guests is another non starter. Every time you eat something, have a drink of water, move the mask to wipe off the inevitable sweat that will build up underneath it etc... the whole point of the mask becomes moot.
My view is this is a personal risk/choice situation. If someone is at risk or is afraid of this virus then stay home. Everyone else can take their chances.

I’ve read through most of the posts in this thread but have not come across anyone pointing out the discrepancy between the Orange County phases and the Florida Governor’s phases. The Governor’s plan dictates that Theme Parks shall remain closed during Phase 1 and in Phase 2 they can reopen with reduced capacity, social distancing policies and extra cleaning procedures in place.
Correct me if I am wrong or am missing something here but, don’t the local governments have to follow the state guidelines at a minimum? IOTW, they can be stricter but not more lax.
This would mean that OC’s Phase 1 is meaningless unless their phase 1 doesn’t kick in until the states phase 2, which is just confusing.
Both the governor and the mayor have basically given the big theme parks a green light to do what they want. They could open this Monday if they wanted, they obviously won't do that and i believe both will wait to June 1st.
You're correct that the county cannot override the governors guidelines except to make them stricter but they can ask the governor to add additional things, for example the governor has said no hair salons for phase 1 and the oc task force along with the mayor asked If he would allow them to open and it looks like the governor will actually add them this week
Back to the theme parks, with both task forces having members of the parks it gives them an inside look and im sure special provisions are being done for them.
That's why we're all just waiting for Disney to come out and announce their guidelines, rumors are that they will announce this week

Last edited:
I think its more about realisations. Masks are happening everywhere now so people are having to accept they might be required or at least strongly suggested at disney.

No fireworks or parades though!? I dont think many people have really started to think about that properly yet. Nearer the time of opening or maybe not until after opening then people we be talking a lot more about there being no fireworks/parades/meet and greets etc and questioning whether the hassle of the trip and price is still worth it.

Being an AP holder, DVC and 2.5 hours away I would go to the parks with no fireworks/parades/meet and greats for the next few months , but would wait if they required a mask. I want to see my kids faces, I want to photo their smiles or fears or whatever emotion they give us. We don't do the fireworks/parades/meet and greets every trip, so we would enjoy them when they return which will probably be faster than some would prefer.

Now if I was out of state and only ever 1-3 years or only planning once I would be waiting till those experiences came back.

I read that the Shanghai Dosney resort requires a green QR code for entry, among other things. Will that work here in America? I know a lot of people worry about being tracked with that sort of thing. If we can't get QR tracking, will the be able to reopen?

I read that the Shanghai Dosney resort requires a green QR code for entry, among other things. Will that work here in America? I know a lot of people worry about being tracked with that sort of thing. If we can't get QR tracking, will the be able to reopen?
Keep in mind that Disney only owns 43% of the resort. The other 57% is held by 3 companies that are owned by the Shanghai Government.

Don't know if this was posted, but this was always in my mind for why masks won't be anywhere...b/c then facial rec and witness identification are worthless and people can be as big an, well, you know what, as they want...

Mandated masks lasted one day INDOORS in this OK city...https://www.yahoo.com/news/city-ends-face-mask-rule-205822754.html

Now do this story with Disney CMs...

Don't know if this was posted, but this was always in my mind for why masks won't be anywhere...b/c then facial rec and witness identification are worthless and people can be as big an, well, you know what, as they want...

Mandated masks lasted one day INDOORS in this OK city...https://www.yahoo.com/news/city-ends-face-mask-rule-205822754.html

Being from Oklahoma, I find it embarassing how some people here are behaving. That said, many businesses here are making masks a requirement to enter. People don't like it, but too bad. Since we're opening long before we met the standards, it's the least people can do for employees having to go back to work. So sick of people acting like 2 year olds over having to wear a mask for a very short period of time while shopping indoors.

I would not want Disney to reduce the effectiveness of their security protocols.

This is what Disney Shanghai is requiring (Park is still closed, but Downtown Disney and the Resort Hotel is open):
  • Every guest entering Shanghai Disney Resort will be required to undergo temperature screening procedures and present their Shanghai QR Code. Only guests with a green Shanghai QR Code will be allowed to enter the resort.
  • Guests must wear a mask during their entire visit (except when dining), and will also be reminded to maintain respectful social distances at all times while in stores, queues and restaurants.
To get the QR code, they have to use an app on their phone (that most people in China have). You fill out a health questionnaire that has your name and address, etc. It's complicated because it does more than do a health screening. It appears to track your movements (allegedly to decide if you are in risk of contracting the disease), but there are real privacy concerns about it. This is not a Disney measure, it's a China measure to do any travel.

Of interest to those of us outside China, is that both Apple and Google are allegedly working on a version of this for those outside China.

Due to the privacy concerns, I don't think we'll see the QR code thing outside of China. But, we may see health questionnaires that possibly include some type of waiver / agreement to new terms to enter the DIsney bubble. This questionnaire could be filled in MDE and accessed through your MB when you go to enter the parks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter