Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going by the fact that he said he didn't have specific dates in mind to move from one phase to the next, I suppose he's just winging it. One order will stay in effect until he feels like they can make changes. It would be nice to see some ballpark figures...move to phase 2 by X date assuming things are progressing well sort of thing.
Im sure he has dates and I’m sure WDW and Universal know the dates, but the public is not going to be told.

Don't know if you listened to the CA Gov daily presser yesterday, but Gov was MIFFED! He didn't want the beaches open and he REALLY didn't like that the Newport Beach city council voted down a motion to close their beaches 5-2. IMHO, this is a personal control thing having little to do with CV. I fear this will not end well. Best guess is Iger will lay low till this blows over. Even mentioning DL opening would stir the pot for sure.
I think that’s what is happening here. The mayor is having a peeing matching with local businesses who have been trying to push to be open sooner & she is putting out orders that are stricter than the governor’s mandate.

The main problem I have with masks is that you can't read others' facial expressions.

One of my biggest enjoyments at Disney is people watching. Seeing the little boy laughing and joking with his Grandma. Standing in a line watching a toddler edge ever closer to a meltdown and seeing his parents exchange glances saying "we better take a break soon." Observing the surly teen trailing behind his family with his earbuds in, looking too cool for school, and then seeing Winnie the Pooh and handlers come around the corner and breaking into a smile and looking for just a moment like a little kid again. Watching a bored dad see his daughter's face alight when she comes twirling out of BBB and seeing the realization on his face that this was all worth it. The expressions of happy exhaustion on parents' faces as they wrangle their sleepy children back into their strollers after the fireworks to begin the long exodus back to their resort.

Mask kind of dehumanize people a little.

And if I can't see the smiles on my children's faces, I'm not sure it's really worth going.

The main problem I have with masks is that you can't read others' facial expressions.

One of my biggest enjoyments at Disney is people watching. Seeing the little boy laughing and joking with his Grandma. Standing in a line watching a toddler edge ever closer to a meltdown and seeing his parents exchange glances saying "we better take a break soon." Observing the surly teen trailing behind his family with his earbuds in, looking too cool for school, and then seeing Winnie the Pooh and handlers come around the corner and breaking into a smile and looking for just a moment like a little kid again. Watching a bored dad see his daughter's face alight when she comes twirling out of BBB and seeing the realization on his face that this was all worth it. The expressions of happy exhaustion on parents' faces as they wrangle their sleepy children back into their strollers after the fireworks to begin the long exodus back to their resort.

Mask kind of dehumanize people a little.

And if I can't see the smiles on my children's faces, I'm not sure it's really worth going.

Well said.

I've always looked at them like a 'muzzle' also, haha.

You are right though, it has a psychological effect and removes some of the personal connections. Something we should be careful about disconnecting from so easily and accepting as a 'new normal' (which btw, I DESPISE that term).

Interesting. Looks like universal is coming up with some serious policies.

I wonder if disney will end up having to implement stronger rules purely because universal have gone further.
Forgive me if I’ve missed something...how is universal implementing stronger rules? The temp checks are for TM’s. Team members. Disney is doing temp checks for cast members as well.

Not sure how this is feasible, unless theyre skipping right to the playoffs. Or if they use the Orlando Magic’s arena as well. But they’d need to start at 6am with the last game at midnight with the use of WWoS and Amway Center to get a full league’s worth of games within a day. If its just the playoffs, then its not a big issue because they could hold 4 games a day at just WWoS

Not strictly disney, but there might be even more of problem brewing for Brits wanting to visit wdw after all this.

As I have said before, a few months ago we had 3 major airlines covering orlando, Thomas cook, british airways and virgin.

Thomas cook collapsed before all this began. They're gone. Done.

Virgin currently look like they will struggle to survive. The government wont give Branson money. Raising the huge sums they need looks impossible. Branson is now desperately looking for a buyer for the company.

Now today, british airways say they may have to abandon their Gatwick airport operation when the country reopens. All the leisure routes including Orlando fly from Gatwick so it looks like they are only interested in the more "business routes" at least for a while.

So we may have no british airlines flying to orlando. Of course there are other operators - but many do not fly direct.

Not sure how this is feasible, unless theyre skipping right to the playoffs. Or if they use the Orlando Magic’s arena as well. But they’d need to start at 6am with the last game at midnight with the use of WWoS and Amway Center to get a full league’s worth of games within a day. If its just the playoffs, then its not a big issue because they could hold 4 games a day at just WWoS
You have three venues at WWoS and without fans you don't need the seating so theoretically you could play more than one game at once in the same building. At the very least you have three games going at once. There have also been plans where the don't necessarily play the entire rest of the season but play a portion of it before getting the playoffs. It would be difficult for them to go right to the playoffs.

something tells me the idea that there will be a full seasons worth of final league games happening isn't realistic. they'll likely hugely limit the amount of games played. At this point, though, shouldn't that be better than nothing? At least disneys tryin to get them going again!~

something tells me the idea that there will be a full seasons worth of final league games happening isn't realistic. they'll likely hugely limit the amount of games played. At this point, though, shouldn't that be better than nothing? At least disneys tryin to get them going again!~
Yep, looks to me like Disney is looking for lots of ways to help bring in some $. Between the NBA and now selling masks too :) I just can't help but believe they are hoping to get things opened back up as soon as possible. Definitely a nice touch too with the masks, giving first million away, helping their image along the way.

I guess I was thinking that the HDDR show involves performer and audience interactions they won't be able to do that, and the tables will need to be further apart?
They’d have to stop being close to guests- so those interactions would be out, remove a good chunk of seating for spacing and give more space between the stage and dining area... honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised to see that one cancelled 😞 performers belting out song after song while people eat?

After reading the guidelines they listed during the meeting this morning, I’m wondering if they will even do BBB appointments and will the princesses have to wear masks? 😞

After reading the guidelines they listed during the meeting this morning, I’m wondering if they will even do BBB appointments and will the princesses have to wear masks? 😞
The guidelines they’re setting don’t apply to WDW. As I understand it, they’ve said WDW and other theme parks are going to be allowed to set their own guidelines basically. Never mind we’re talking about phase 1 and WDW isn’t going to open under phase 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter