Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have three venues at WWoS and without fans you don't need the seating so theoretically you could play more than one game at once in the same building. At the very least you have three games going at once. There have also been plans where the don't necessarily play the entire rest of the season but play a portion of it before getting the playoffs. It would be difficult for them to go right to the playoffs.

for some reason I thought there was only one court. I haven’t been to WWoS in many years

Let me guess: The mayor’s plan is to open theme parks “As soon as they can do so in a way that is safe and comfortable for both employees and guests.”🙄

It would certainly be nice to get some real info.

Note to self: Patience you must have, my young padawan.
[/QUOTE]
Try living in California and getting excited to read Orange County news only to find its Orange County Florida lol 😔😬

Isn't that what's been on the table since we started talking about reopening?

They may start with face masks, but it won't last. Or people will walk in with one on....and that's it.
:D
Easy way to fix that is eject people who take them off. They do it already for people who take their phones out on rides. As far as the measures in place I can see many of the staying around forever. Like virtual queues, mobile ordering and cashless transactions.

Easy way to fix that is eject people who take them off. They do it already for people who take their phones out on rides. As far as the measures in place I can see many of the staying around forever. Like virtual queues, mobile ordering and cashless transactions.

I think eventually too many people will take off masks to effectively be able to enforce anything.

Cashless, mobile ordering..thats no big deal.

What are people supposed to do when their mask is soaking wet. The virus won't be around forever and the world has to go back to normal. Humans are social and physical creatures. We cannot live like this long term. It is not healthy.

What are people supposed to do when their mask is soaking wet. The virus won't be around forever and the world has to go back to normal. Humans are social and physical creatures. We cannot live like this long term. It is not healthy.

Isn't how you describe humans how we got to this point? And other than eat and drink, what can't you do with a mask on except stick your tongue out at someone. As for a wet mask, folks bring dry clothes to change into at the parks all the time in case they get wet - so you bring a spare mask. Easy peasy.

I’m sure it’s not safe, but actually, a soaking wet mask (with water, not sweat) sounds like it would be WAY more comfortable to wear at Disney! Maybe I’ll try that! 😂

You have three venues at WWoS and without fans you don't need the seating so theoretically you could play more than one game at once in the same building. At the very least you have three games going at once. There have also been plans where the don't necessarily play the entire rest of the season but play a portion of it before getting the playoffs. It would be difficult for them to go right to the playoffs.

Well one of the big things is the NBA owes money to some of the RSNs if they don't play a certain number of games. So they'd do enough games to meet the obligations of the RSNs so to not owe that money then move to playoffs.

Well one of the big things is the NBA owes money to some of the RSNs if they don't play a certain number of games. So they'd do enough games to meet the obligations of the RSNs so to not owe that money then move to playoffs.
I believe that’s estimated to be around 70 games so they wouldn’t need to play all 82.

The main problem I have with masks is that you can't read others' facial expressions.

One of my biggest enjoyments at Disney is people watching. Seeing the little boy laughing and joking with his Grandma. Standing in a line watching a toddler edge ever closer to a meltdown and seeing his parents exchange glances saying "we better take a break soon." Observing the surly teen trailing behind his family with his earbuds in, looking too cool for school, and then seeing Winnie the Pooh and handlers come around the corner and breaking into a smile and looking for just a moment like a little kid again. Watching a bored dad see his daughter's face alight when she comes twirling out of BBB and seeing the realization on his face that this was all worth it. The expressions of happy exhaustion on parents' faces as they wrangle their sleepy children back into their strollers after the fireworks to begin the long exodus back to their resort.

Mask kind of dehumanize people a little.

And if I can't see the smiles on my children's faces, I'm not sure it's really worth going.
Along with what you said, facial expressions are an important part of communication. One of our children is deaf and as we are learning and teaching sign language we have learned the importance of facial expressions when communicating with him. I can't imagine what it would be like if we had to wear masks.

Along with what you said, facial expressions are an important part of communication. One of our children is deaf and as we are learning and teaching sign language we have learned the importance of facial expressions when communicating with him. I can't imagine what it would be like if we had to wear masks.

Second this. While not fully deaf, I am hearing impaired and am really struggling with understanding what people are saying through masks. I obviously always knew I read lips a lot, but I think I didn’t realize just HOW much until I didn’t have it to help me anymore.

Whatever, I can wear a mask if necessary, but I have 4 kids and have struggled with WAY too many halloween costumes...no chance you can keep masks on 2-4 years old for an entire day at the parks. I have a kid turning 2 in July and I laughed thinking about taking him to Costco (luckily, I have a spouse and can trade off shopping, not every parent can do that.) Anyway - that seems like the most unrealistic part of the push to have everyone wear masks - expecting small children to keep them on. Even 5-6 year olds would struggle with more than small periods of time here and there.

Second this. While not fully deaf, I am hearing impaired and am really struggling with understanding what people are saying through masks. I obviously always knew I read lips a lot, but I think I didn’t realize just HOW much until I didn’t have it to help me anymore.
There are clear masks out there.
https://www.theclearmask.com/product

The guidelines they’re setting don’t apply to WDW. As I understand it, they’ve said WDW and other theme parks are going to be allowed to set their own guidelines basically. Never mind we’re talking about phase 1 and WDW isn’t going to open under phase 1.
Thanks. We go in November and hoping everything is back to normal. We are also going to Universal so paying attention to all these guidelines. My ADR's are this Monday and was hoping they weren't going to just take 50% of reservations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter