Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are clear masks out there.
https://www.theclearmask.com/product
Those aren't currently available to the public. Even if they were, there's a huge difference between wearing a mask made out of some kind of clear plastic inside where it's temp controlled and outside in the FL heat. I'm not dead set against wearing a mask, but I can't imagine wearing one of those outside.

Thanks. We go in November and hoping everything is back to normal. We are also going to Universal so paying attention to all these guidelines. My ADR's are this Monday and was hoping they weren't going to just take 50% of reservations.
I did ADRs for a September trip a while back and it didn't seem like they were limited. Some of the more popular restaurants were hard to get, but nothing really unusual. The only thing I couldn't get was California Grill brunch.

Pretty much all the people you see on mobility scooters shouldnt be there going forward either.
Really? There are a myriad of reasons to be using a mobility scooter that have nothing to do with overall health. Pretty sure when my daughter used one for her injured ankle she was still overall healthy. When I used one when my plantar fasciitis, I wasn't at a higher risk of becoming infected with something. Any recommendations you see include that those with underlying conditions should limit their exposure, but they are not at a higher risk of spreading the infection- so whether they choose to go or not is up to them. They won't be putting anyone at risk but themselves.

Not sure how this is feasible, unless theyre skipping right to the playoffs. Or if they use the Orlando Magic’s arena as well. But they’d need to start at 6am with the last game at midnight with the use of WWoS and Amway Center to get a full league’s worth of games within a day. If its just the playoffs, then its not a big issue because they could hold 4 games a day at just WWoS

Well, I would assume the purpose of using WWOS is so they can have multiple games going at any one time. Both the Fieldhouse and Visa Athletic Center have multiple courts.

On top of that, they can easily streamline the games. Shorten the warmup time, maybe even shorten halftime. Fewer commercial breaks. No TV timeouts. Maybe something radical like 10 minute quarters or leaving the clock running. Yes, radical, but these are times that call for radical.

Teams rarely play every night anyway. Most of the time, it's every other day or every second day. Maybe they say every other day at the latest, or maybe an AM to next day PM turnaround.

30 teams in the NBA, so let's say 18 teams play on any given day. That's 9 games. If they stagger the games and/or use multiple courts at once, that shouldn't be an issue at all.

Let me guess: The mayor’s plan is to open theme parks “As soon as they can do so in a way that is safe and comfortable for both employees and guests.”🙄

It would certainly be nice to get some real info.

Note to self: Patience you must have, my young padawan.

Your mouth the God's ears, my friend. I think we are all tired of hearing the rhetoric and the PR dream words and the "right" thing to say.

We want facts. We want information. Even if it's hard to hear. It doesn't have to be a specific date. Even if it's "The numbers have to be at this threshold before we even will entertain the thought of re-opening."

Or in any other at risk category.

Pretty much all the people you see on mobility scooters shouldnt be there going forward either.

I'm not sure where you come to that conclusion, but okay.

The problem with your assertion is it's very prejudicial. It's based on something you can see, when not all at-risk people are visibly so. I've read stories of people with chronic ear infections having trouble and doctors considering it a pre-existing condition. You (usually) can't see someone with a history of cancer. You (usually) can't see people with a history of heart disease. You (usually) can't see someone with asthma.

Yes we can see people's age. We can see the scooters. We can see obesity. But those things are just the tip of the iceberg. I think the number of people who would fall into the "healthy" category is extraordinarily low. I think a lot of people, even healthy people, may have a history of something or an underlying condition that could put them at risk.

Really? There are a myriad of reasons to be using a mobility scooter that have nothing to do with overall health. Pretty sure when my daughter used one for her injured ankle she was still overall healthy. When I used one when my plantar fasciitis, I wasn't at a higher risk of becoming infected with something. Any recommendations you see include that those with underlying conditions should limit their exposure, but they are not at a higher risk of spreading the infection- so whether they choose to go or not is up to them. They won't be putting anyone at risk but themselves.

While we have gotten off topic a little, this is something that is IMPORTANT and it is one of the fears I have when the park opens.

When the parks do open, you WILL SEE older people there, people in wheelchairs, overweight people, etc...... Please keep any comments to yourself. It is not your job nor is it any of your business to go up to them and say something. That will just make everything even more hectic than it already will be.

Like @cakebaker said, it is their choice if they want to be there and they are only putting THEMSELVES and risk.

It looks like the FL task force is giving the go ahead for theme parks to reopen during Phase 2. Orange Co task force will have a meeting today at 2pm and Mayor Demmings is supposed to speak later today. He is adhering to the Gov guidelines but is not ruling out making them stricter. For example he has decided to keep curfew from 11pm to 5am while Osceola Co has decided to lift curfew come May 4th
https://www.wftv.com/news/local/loo...ke-when-reopening/PE3Q27G22VCP7ISBH3FRG3HNOU/

It looks like the FL task force is giving the go ahead for theme parks to reopen during Phase 2. Orange Co task force will have a meeting today at 2pm and Mayor Demmings is supposed to speak later today. He is adhering to the Gov guidelines but is not ruling out making them stricter. For example he has decided to keep curfew from 11pm to 5am while Osceola Co has decided to lift curfew come May 4th
https://www.wftv.com/news/local/loo...ke-when-reopening/PE3Q27G22VCP7ISBH3FRG3HNOU/

IMO I think he wont be able to keep the curfew for that long. Will be tough with neighboring counties that dont have a curfew.

Could I assume the 14 day quarantine of certain states would also lift at that time? That will be a sticking point for some even when WDW does open.

Isn't how you describe humans how we got to this point? And other than eat and drink, what can't you do with a mask on except stick your tongue out at someone. As for a wet mask, folks bring dry clothes to change into at the parks all the time in case they get wet - so you bring a spare mask. Easy peasy.
How I described humans as how we got to this point? Since the beginning of time humans have been social and require physical contact. Don’t hold a baby in their first year and see how they thrive.

I will not wear a mask, but you do you.

While we have gotten off topic a little, this is something that is IMPORTANT and it is one of the fears I have when the park opens.

When the parks do open, you WILL SEE older people there, people in wheelchairs, overweight people, etc...... Please keep any comments to yourself. It is not your job nor is it any of your business to go up to them and say something. That will just make everything even more hectic than it already will be.

Like @cakebaker said, it is their choice if they want to be there and they are only putting THEMSELVES and risk.
I am having a difficult time picturing how Disney will be able to implement effective social distancing with scooters (and I do NOT want to get into a discussion about the reasons why someone may need a scooter - if they break their leg or if they are in a high risk group, doesn't matter). What I am having a hard time with is implementing the modifications that we've been hearing, if there are scooters. One of the modifications is that there will be walking lanes in specific direction (to the right to enter the land or the store and to the left to leave the land and the store). You are responsible for staying in the "lane" and staying 6 feet behind the other party and 6 feet in front of the next one. But, scooters are notoriously hard for most to control to that level of precision. They cannot stop at a dime, they go at a different speed than walking and it takes a bit to slow down and it would be difficult to maneuver so that you are in a specific lane and staying 6 feet from the parties in front and around you. If I were Disney, I would allow wheelchairs, which keep at the same walking rate as everyone else and temporarily suspend scooters.

How I described humans as how we got to this point? Since the beginning of time humans have been social and require physical contact. Don’t hold a baby in their first year and see how they thrive.

Those loops on the mask go behind your ears. You don't need to hold on to the mask loops with your hands to keep it pressed to your face.

I am having a difficult time picturing how Disney will be able to implement effective social distancing with scooters (and I do NOT want to get into a discussion about the reasons why someone may need a scooter - if they break their leg or if they are in a high risk group, doesn't matter). What I am having a hard time with is implementing the modifications that we've been hearing, if there are scooters. One of the modifications is that there will be walking lanes in specific direction (to the right to enter the land or the store and to the left to leave the land and the store). You are responsible for staying in the "lane" and staying 6 feet behind the other party and 6 feet in front of the next one. But, scooters are notoriously hard for most to control to that level of precision. They cannot stop at a dime, they go at a different speed than walking and it takes a bit to slow down and it would be difficult to maneuver so that you are in a specific lane and staying 6 feet from the parties in front and around you. If I were Disney, I would allow wheelchairs, which keep at the same walking rate as everyone else and temporarily suspend scooters.

Disney will have to make up their own rules. The official 6 foot rule from the CDC expired yesterday.

It is now up to the Governors and local officials to make their own social distancing rules. So i would imagine we will hear what Disneys plans will be with their social distancing rules.

Disney will have to make up their own rules. The official 6 foot rule from the CDC expired yesterday.

It is now up to the Governors and local officials to make their own social distancing rules. So i would imagine we will hear what Disneys plans will be with their social distancing rules.
Disney is probably not going to have many Canadians going to the parks for awhile. With the U.S. moving so quick to reopen where Canada is going very slow, its going to be very difficult to get medical insurance that's covers Covid-19. Its going to keep many Canadians home.

Exactly, Being social didnt cause this at all. You might as well stop trying to reason with that user. Every post is a ticking time bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter