Rumor: MSEP closing?!

I'm quite glad to see it go.

Is it iconic? Sure - but it's also getting to the point of being dated beyond belief, and keeping it around does Disney World no justice.

Wow. Wasn't sure this was going to happen or not. Glad we will get to see it one more time on our upcoming trip. Now I'm wondering about PTN. Guess that's not happening for the 45th Anniversary.

I actually like traveling during party season. It makes it so much easier to choose a low crowd day in the MK.

I guess the term low crowd is relative.

We like to do late nights at MK, which is made more difficult during party season.

Well, if PTN is closing in DLR on September 5th and MSEP is continuing through October 9th... I suppose it is theoretically possible that PTN could start in MK shortly after MSEP closes... I won't make any bets or anything, but, you know. There is a month in between! (I'm hoping to have PTN in time for my mid-October birthday celebration in MK, just let me believe for a little while...)

Total bummer. I've heard good things and I was looking for to seeing it for the first time in December!

We are going Jan 2017 and I am trying not to get my hopes up for PTN. I feel like with Halloween and Christmas parades & parties, they wont start hiring/training preparing a new parade until after then. I keep thinking something new wouldn't start until Marchish, but maybe thats me bracing myself for it no PTN when we go.

We are going Jan 2017 and I am trying not to get my hopes up for PTN. I feel like with Halloween and Christmas parades & parties, they wont start hiring/training preparing a new parade until after then. I keep thinking something new wouldn't start until Marchish, but maybe thats me bracing myself for it no PTN when we go.
That will most likely not happen. Paint the Night is scheduled to happen a few nights during the holiday season at Disneyland based on what the DIS just posted.

THIS. And I wonder what a missing night time parade will do to the crowds. When there is a full evening of entertainment on non-party days (parade and fireworks) it means a large percentage of people will try to visit MK on those days to get the full-day experience. But would having just the fireworks cause even a moderate percentage of people to go on a party day instead?

Maybe Disney sees this as a indirect way to spread the MK crowds more evenly during party season?

I had the exact same thought about the crowd impact.

I had the exact same thought about the crowd impact.

See, I don't see this doing much to alleviate or redistribute crowds. Most of the people who would have seen the parade on Main Street are likely going to go see CTM and Wishes on Main Street. They'll just start congregating at 9, instead of 7:30.

I also don't see it really pushing people towards the party nights - because you're still paying quite a bit more for effectively the same entertainment options (Only thing now is Disney can say "See A Parade!"). Not to mention that the prices of those tickets continue to rise year-to-year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter