runner dropoff

pixieprincess925

I can't get to Disney soon enough!
Has anybody tried to drop off runners at the pre-party area or do you need to arrive by bus?

I'm the cheering squad for my 6 runners. Thought it might be nice for them if I just dropped them off at the start area, but I don't know if the roads are even set up for that. Anybody have prior experience with this?

Has anybody tried to drop off runners at the pre-party area or do you need to arrive by bus?

I'm the cheering squad for my 6 runners. Thought it might be nice for them if I just dropped them off at the start area, but I don't know if the roads are even set up for that. Anybody have prior experience with this?
There’s no access by vehicle to the race area.

Everyone, no matter how they arrive, needs to go through security at the main entrance to Epcot.

The road for runner drop off is on the right hand side immediately after going through the Epcot toll booths. There will be a flashing sign and parking lot attends directing you where to go once you take that right.

Are you going back to your hotel after you drop them off? If not, it makes more sense to just go park your car in regular parking and walk with them through security and over to the race area.

There’s no access by vehicle to the race area.

Everyone, no matter how they arrive, needs to go through security at the main entrance to Epcot.

The road for runner drop off is on the right hand side immediately after going through the Epcot toll booths. There will be a flashing sign and parking lot attends directing you where to go once you take that right.

Are you going back to your hotel after you drop them off? If not, it makes more sense to just go park your car in regular parking and walk with them through security and over to the race area.
I was just going to drop them off - will they let me through to the race area even though I'm not running?
Sorry - new to RunDisney events!

I was just going to drop them off - will they let me through to the race area even though I'm not running?
Sorry - new to RunDisney events!
If you are referring to driving your car, no, you can only go to the drop-off area near the bus loop or to the parking lot. There will not be anyone manning the toll boths at that time, but CM will be in the parking lots and up by the drop-off. If you are referring to walking with them, then as Bree and Camaker said, you can park, walk through security, go the runner pre/post race area and hang out. Once the runners head to corrals, that is the point where you have to have a bib to keep going.

If you are referring to driving your car, no, you can only go to the drop-off area near the bus loop or to the parking lot. There will not be anyone manning the toll boths at that time, but CM will be in the parking lots and up by the drop-off. If you are referring to walking with them, then as Bree and Camaker said, you can park, walk through security, go the runner pre/post race area and hang out. Once the runners head to corrals, that is the point where you have to have a bib to keep going.
Is there typically a backup getting to runner drop off or the parking area?
Is it faster to drop runners off rather than taking the bus from a Disney resort?

Is it faster to drop runners off rather than taking the bus from a Disney resort?
The difference in speed is going to depend on if you have to wait for a bus, and which resort you’re staying at. The bus drop off and the rideshare/drop-someone-off areas are pretty close together.

But if you’re driving someone and then spectating, just park (which is NOT the ride-share/drop off lane)

Ride share, drop off, busses and self parking all use the same roads and go through the Epcot toll booth. The only difference is that ride share, drop off and busses immediately take a right after the toll booth. Self parking goes straight.

I’ve never been dropped off for a race, but I am not sure you can access self parking from that area. You may have to leave Epcot and circle back to enter again. I could be wrong. Someone else may know.

The difference in speed is going to depend on if you have to wait for a bus, and which resort you’re staying at. The bus drop off and the rideshare/drop-someone-off areas are pretty close together.

But if you’re driving someone and then spectating, just park (which is NOT the ride-share/drop off lane)
Likely I'd have to go pick up other non-runners, so I'd park on trip 2...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter