Running Renaissance: Road to Paris 2024

I have the Forerunner 45s which is great for my small wrists! When I update, it will probably be the 265s.

I don't have the music feature, but I'm still able to control music from my watch by holding the bottom left button. It lets me pause and skip songs, which is good enough for me. (Although I still sometimes dig out my phone out of habit, lol.)

I put this out there on the Running Thread - 2024, but do you possibly have Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance? If so, you can get a 20% discount on a Garmin watch. If not, you should check your insurance to see if they offer similar promotions.
What a great tip! I have United HC and don’t see anything. I do also receive a health stipend of $150 but I already spent that on rD registration 😄
I have the Forerunner 45s which is great for my small wrists! When I update, it will probably be the 265s.

I don't have the music feature, but I'm still able to control music from my watch by holding the bottom left button. It lets me pause and skip songs, which is good enough for me. (Although I still sometimes dig out my phone out of habit, lol.)
Oooh, good to know about the music control. I’m not used to watches with buttons and not touchscreens 🤣

ETA - just found this: On a Forerunner non-music watch, press DOWN to view the music controls glance.
https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/web...UID-D83E3D72-AF28-4388-BECE-AA6E3CB7BE4B.html

Looks like I can save the $50! 🥳

What a great tip! I have United HC and don’t see anything. I do also receive a health stipend of $150 but I already spent that on rD registration 😄
What are you saying? You have a health stipend through your insurance you can spend on races??? I need to look more closely into my insurance. Or is that through your employer?

What are you saying? You have a health stipend through your insurance you can spend on races??? I need to look more closely into my insurance. Or is that through your employer?
It's through my employer. It also covers things like gym memberships so if you actually belong to a gym, it doesn't really go very far. It was just a couple of years ago it switched to being allowed to use for race registrations which has been way more beneficial to me so I'm not complaining.

It's through my employer. It also covers things like gym memberships so if you actually belong to a gym, it doesn't really go very far. It was just a couple of years ago it switched to being allowed to use for race registrations which has been way more beneficial to me so I'm not complaining.
Dang, I’m going to investigate my benefits a bit more closely! My company is a US division of a European company, so we have better benefits than a lot of comparable US companies, and this seems like the sort of thing we might be able to do.

Dang, I’m going to investigate my benefits a bit more closely! My company is a US division of a European company, so we have better benefits than a lot of comparable US companies, and this seems like the sort of thing we might be able to do.
We have a few “live well, work well” programs. Things like smoking cessation, weight watchers, therapy sessions, and this fitness allowance.

Road to Paris - Week 7/18

Planned:

M - Off
Tu - Easy 4
W - M Tempo 6
Th - Easy 4
F - Off
Sa - Easy 6
Su - Long 10

Completed:
M - Off
Tu - Easy 4
W - M Tempo 6 Easy 4
Th - Easy 4
F - Off
Sa - Easy 6
Su - Long 10 Easy 8

Total miles: 22.04
Strength sessions: 0 ☹️
Hiking miles: ~30ish 🏔️

My rest day was moved back to Monday for another travel day but much to our surprise, the plumbing wasn’t working at our Airbnb when we arrived. 😳 This wasn’t the biggest deal because we were going to a show at Red Rocks and not planning to hang around. Unfortunately, the plumbing issue was a pretty big issue so they couldn’t fix it on Monday and had to come back on Tuesday. Well, without a working shower or toilet, I was not going for a run. My plan was to run after work once it was all sorted, but instead we went hiking. Saw a nice waterfall and peeped a closer look at the flat irons.

IMG_4595.jpeg
IMG_4602.jpeg

Wednesday was supposed to be Marathon Tempo but when I tried to speed up after the warm up, my body said no. I’m not sure if it was overall fatigue or my body didn’t like the two rest days in a row. Either way, I decided to slow it down and just run Tuesdays miles that I missed with some thoughts of trying again on Thursday.

Thursday I woke up utterly EXHAUSTED. 🥱 I had no interest in running at all. Fortunately, I could use mountain time to my advantage and work my scheduled half day and then go out for my run after work but before lunch.

Not much remarkable about the run on Saturday except I did see several prairie dogs. They were adorable. ☺️
A4B1DC56-43D8-4AA7-8108-A37BA6D455A7.jpeg

Sunday I woke up exhausted again. I think all those hiking miles were catching up to me. I really did not want to go for my run. Eventually I bargained with myself enough to get out the door. But even once out there it was a struggle. I nearly turned around less than a quarter mile in but told myself I had to run at least a mile before turning around. I never did find my groove but I did manage 8 miles and that was good enough for me. 🙃

Goal this week will be to get back on track. I’ll be back home so it should be easier scheduling and routine wise. Crossing my fingers that I also come back with some altitude super powers, but not holding my breath 😆.

Happy running yall!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter