RV friendly gas stations/other areas

MomE@Home

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me about RV friendly gas stations/other areas (rest stops, good campgrounds, ect...) for the Eastern US (NY-FL) ?
I know about Flying J service stations and I heard that some Wal-Marts let you park overnight in their lots.
Our route is : Rt. 390 (NY), 15(NY & PA), 81(PA,MD,WV & V), 77(VA & NC), 85(SC), 25(SC), 95(SC,GA & FL). Also the areas around the Fallingwater House in Millrun, PA and the Asheville, NC area.
Has anyone stayed at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Campgrounds ? What do you think of them ?
Whew ! I know that's asking for a lot ! Any help will be appreciated :D !

Hi
On our trip (basically the same route) we stayed a Natural Bridge VA in a Jellystone. I wasn't bad and but many of the things are closed early in the fall pools and such. I think they are okay. Nothing to write home about. We stayed in at least 3 walmarts and there were a ton of us that stoped. We also ended up staying in a few rest areas in between the trucks. This was due to TS Kyle last fall and you could NOT see the road.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter