Ryleigh's Wish

tigger2on

<font color=6699CC>I can't believe I read this WHO
For all of you who don't Know us, I have a daughter, Ryleigh, who had a prolonged seizure at almost 15 months and was left severely brain damaged. She went from a walking, and highly advanced in communication, self feeding and as independent as a baby can get to a wheelchair bound, non verbal, fully dependent child.
We have tried to get a wish for her within the Ontario Wish Foundations.... but all have rejected her because she is either does not have a terminal diease, is unable to communicate to strangers (doesn't speak or point), or they believe she isn't cognitively age 4.... but not one person from any foundation has ever met her or asked for a pysch report!!!
My fiance has decided it would be nice to take her for her birthday to WDW so we have a full week planned for Nov. 9 - 16 . 2003.
Well I forgot we actually applied for a wish from a Quebec wish foundation who have allowed me to ask for a Disney Trip for Ryleigh with the proof of disability through her neuroligist..... They Called! I thought it would be a few years before Ry's trip would come up but they said it will be about 6 months before the call to plan!
Yippeee! Ry gets a wish which she deserves like the other disabled children who talk.... but it will fall right into our wedding timing. I have spoken to the woman and asked about bumping us a back a bit but we can't do that til her name comes up. They have never had a family postpone a trip so I'm worried she might lose it.... :O( I also was not expecting a trip until she turned 8.

So we're going in November :o) ... just hoping Air Canada can help with our seating though... stuck us at back of plane... and I have to carry (lug) her all the way there..... we were told to go to the airport early to have our seating fixed... but the flight is @ 7:15am... what time should we be there?

What a wonderful wish for Ryleigh.Hope all things work out in order for her to take her trip.I cant help with when to be at the Air Canada counter.I have never flown with them.So good luck with that too.

Call AC now...if you already know this info, please disregard:D You want bulkhead seats, airport assistance, and don't stop til you get them:D Did you make your air arrangements through a travel agent? If yes, call them and get your AC Reservation code - this is a code that should begin with the letter R or S. Call the reservation number, after 9pm - it's less busy, and they are open 24 hours. If they can't make the seat change, get them to put an Airport Message on your file, and get there early. Once a flight gets so full, res agents can't even book seats...but their supervisors can... ;) ;) Bulkhead seats are for passengers traveling with small children or infants, and those passengers with accessibility issues.

That would be you!:D So, yep, get there early, and when you call to confirm your flight...ask again! (if it hasn't been fixed)

Congratulations...a honeymoon at WDW..??

How about a wedding at Disney? Eh!

Sounds like a plan to me! Then you guys could have a reception for family here!

:bride: :groom: :cutie:

Scratch:scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter