?'s for covid testing and what to do with the results for 1st timer

ctc917

DIS Veteran
So my friend and I are going on a 4 day cruise thats coming up in a couple of weeks and I'm somewhat confused on the covid testing and what to do after we test and I was wondering if someone out there that has done this before could either point me in the right direction to find step by step directions on what happens next or can tell me what we should be doing.

We have decided to do the OnPoint online testing with our own covid tests. So I guess my first question is can you book our appt before the 15 day mark, we can't correct? we are taking our tests at different houses and times so after we each make an appt and get our tests results, what do we do then? Is Safe Passage an app? Does my friend need to get her results to me so I can do something with hers and mine and exactly what is that?

I'm hoping there is some step by step directions out there that I haven't found yet and someone can point me to them or there is someone that can help us out since I'm such an unsavy computer person and step by step directions would work much better for me.

'Any other suggestions or help on making this whole process easier would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
ctc917

So my friend and I are going on a 4 day cruise thats coming up in a couple of weeks and I'm somewhat confused on the covid testing and what to do after we test and I was wondering if someone out there that has done this before could either point me in the right direction to find step by step directions on what happens next or can tell me what we should be doing.

We have decided to do the OnPoint online testing with our own covid tests. So I guess my first question is can you book our appt before the 15 day mark, we can't correct? we are taking our tests at different houses and times so after we each make an appt and get our tests results, what do we do then? Is Safe Passage an app? Does my friend need to get her results to me so I can do something with hers and mine and exactly what is that?

I'm hoping there is some step by step directions out there that I haven't found yet and someone can point me to them or there is someone that can help us out since I'm such an unsavy computer person and step by step directions would work much better for me.

'Any other suggestions or help on making this whole process easier would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
ctc917
You’re correct - you won’t be able to access the Safe Passage website until it’s 15 days before the cruise. Safe Passage is a website and not an app.

If you’re doing the online testing, you both need to submit the tests results yourselves because each person over 18 must login themselves. I believe you have to submit these tests 2 days before the sailing. (I couldn’t upload my wife’s proof of vaccination and it said she needed to login herself).

I have not done the testing yet myself but by logging in a few times to prepare (my sailing is august 29th and I have an appt for the 27th) this is my observations.

We are doing the OnMed proctored test online and using our own provided rapid antigen tests. It’s $16.99 per person and we made our appointments. They have plenty of dates and times available. I would suggest doing OnMed and setting an appointment now since you’re not able to log into Safe Passage. Once you get the test results and email from OnMed - you would then upload the results onto the Safe Passage website.

So it almost sounds like you are confusing a few things which is not surprising given how confusing this whole thing is. So to me totally normal. Let me see if I can help. We have done three sailings since restart.

Safe Passage: access about 15 or 14 days prior to sail date. If I didn’t work on day 15 no big deal, just wait a day and try again. Sometimes it takes a bit to load all reservations into safe passage. Each person over the age of 18 needs to create their own safe passage account and upload any and all documents themselves. This is true even for married couple in the same house!

First thing to do in safe passage is upload your proof of vaccination. Once safe passage approves your vaccine documents you will see a status of “clear to arrive” meaning you can arrive at the port.

Then next thing is covid testing.

Covid testing:
For guests fully vaccinated covid testing can be done at home no more than two days prior to sailing and must be uploaded to the safe passage website with results by midnight prior to the day of sailing. If you are leaving on a Thursday, then your covid test results need to be done in a Tuesday or Wednesday (up to 2 days prior) and uploaded into safe passage by Midnight on Wednesday. If you fail to do this really no big deal except you have to pay through the nose at the port to get your covid testing done.

OnPoint:
I personally used OnPoint in July for testing. You use your own test. You pay them and make an appointment. You can make that anytime you want in advance and OnPoint has nothing to do with safe passage as they are different companies and different websites. But remember you have to make your OnPoint appointment during those two days I mentioned above for your covid tests to be accepted.

So you do your OnPoint testing. Afterwards you will get a pdf file in email that has your test results. You take that file and upload it to safe passage. If you do it early enough you will get a “clear to sail” status in safe passage. That is then the total green light you need to sail.

On sail date you will get a notification in email to fill out a covid questionnaire. Only one per stateroom so one of you should fill it out. Again no big deal, you can always do it at the port but the more you do earlier the easier it is.

Other than that enjoy your cruise!!!!

Regarding everyone needing their own login: this is true, BUT you can always log in for them. I created accounts for my mom (no computer) and husband (for convenience) and uploaded their info.

Minors don’t need their own account. My son is in my husband’s room and his info came up when I made my husband’s account. There is a form you “sign” to claim a minor in the room.

OnPoint:
I personally used OnPoint in July for testing. You use your own test. You pay them and make an appointment. You can make that anytime you want in advance and OnPoint has nothing to do with safe passage as they are different companies and different websites. But remember you have to make your OnPoint appointment during those two days I mentioned above for your covid tests to be accepted.

So you do your OnPoint testing. Afterwards you will get a pdf file in email that has your test results. You take that file and upload it to safe passage. If you do it early enough you will get a “clear to sail” status in safe passage. That is then the total green light you need to sail.
I am one of the confused ones too. This is my first cruise and this is the part that is stressing me out the most we booked last year with hopes this wouldn't be an issue but if it was they were still testing at the port then. I live in a small town where there aren't a lot of testing options. How much did the onpoint cost and how does it work? Is it like a video chat. It's got me so frustrated I'm almost ready to cancel the whole thing. Thanks a bunch!

I am one of the confused ones too. This is my first cruise and this is the part that is stressing me out the most we booked last year with hopes this wouldn't be an issue but if it was they were still testing at the port then. I live in a small town where there aren't a lot of testing options. How much did the onpoint cost and how does it work? Is it like a video chat. It's got me so frustrated I'm almost ready to cancel the whole thing. Thanks a bunch!
It's a video chat via Zoom. You can join from your computer, tablet, or phone. (You do not need a Zoom account.) OnPoint is anywhere from $10-$20 depending on if you have a coupon or not. Once you finish the test, they will email you a PDF of the results. You upload that PDF to your Safe Passage account.

I personally used ONPOINT for our testing before our 8/10 DM cruise. We flew out on 8/8 so Tested at our house before leaving for the airport! We had our PDF's to upload via email sent in about 15 min. We were clear to sail before we had even cleared security at the airport! (To be fair, this was Prenetics since it was a Europe cruise, but the process is the same from when we used on point/Safe passage in June for the Dream.)

Our nurse who assisted on the Zoom call couldn't have been nicer. They advertise the full price of 30 but its usually discounted to 15 bucks.

The best part about this is that even if you live in a small town with limited options, all you have to do is have your own self-tests and everything else is taken care of.

When setting up the accounts, each adult has to create their own account, but I made them for everyone with different emails but the same password and just did the email verification with them and then accessed their accounts to do everything. (My DH is...not great with technology. This was the least stressful way.)

If you need help, the Safe Passage people I have interacted with via phone are incredibly helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to call them if you have issues/questions.

Thanks everyone the great info. I'm so confused and greatly needed the help and I think I confused my friend too telling her what we needed to do before we left.
So I can get in touch with OnPoint and make my appt now for the 2 days before our cruise? or do I need to wait to make the appts at the 15 day mark for the 2 days before the cruise?
Also can I create my acct for Safe Passage now? or can that only be done after the 15 day mark?

thanks
ctc917

Thanks everyone the great info. I'm so confused and greatly needed the help and I think I confused my friend too telling her what we needed to do before we left.
So I can get in touch with OnPoint and make my appt now for the 2 days before our cruise? or do I need to wait to make the appts at the 15 day mark for the 2 days before the cruise?
Also can I create my acct for Safe Passage now? or can that only be done after the 15 day mark?

thanks
ctc917
If you are going to use a 3rd party service for your testing, you can schedule the appointments now just as long as the actual appointment date will be no more than 2 days prior to your sail date.

You can't create your safe passage account until 15 days prior to your sail date.

thanks
ctc917
You COULD make your OnPoint appointment now but you have to pay now then. No need. I made my appointment and paid for my OnPoint less than a week before sailing and they had plenty of openings. No need to prepay so far in advance for OnPoint.

As far as safe passage, that account is free so you can create the account now but it won’t let you add your reservation yet but that is okay you can still create the account now if you want - though there is no urgency to create the safe passage account now as that is not needed
And there is no advantage to doing it earlier other than giving you peace of mind.

As far as safe passage, that account is free so you can create the account now but it won’t let you add your reservation yet but that is okay you can still create the account now if you want - though there is no urgency to create the safe passage account now as that is not needed
And there is no advantage to doing it earlier other than giving you peace of mind.
If the OP hasn't sailed since the restart, they can't even create their safepassage account(s) until they are 15 days from their sail date.

No I haven't sailed since the restart, so I won't be able to create an acct on Safe Passage until after the 15 day mark, correct?
So my question is if our cruise is 9/12, Monday and we are leaving our hometown on 9/10, Saturday in the morning can we test that morning before we fly to Florida just in case one of us is positive since we really don't want to find out after landing in Florida. So is the 2 days before the cruise have to be exact by the hour(4Pm on Sat is 48hrs from the onboard call on 9/12 4pm)and then we would have to test after we land in Florida?

So my question is if our cruise is 9/12, Monday and we are leaving our hometown on 9/10, Saturday in the morning can we test that morning before we fly to Florida just in case one of us is positive since we really don't want to find out after landing in Florida.
Yes, you can test on 9/10 for a cruise that embarks on 9/12. Anytime on 9/10 (or even 9/11). It's 2 calendar days and not 48 hours.

So it almost sounds like you are confusing a few things which is not surprising given how confusing this whole thing is. So to me totally normal. Let me see if I can help. We have done three sailings since restart.

Safe Passage: access about 15 or 14 days prior to sail date. If I didn’t work on day 15 no big deal, just wait a day and try again. Sometimes it takes a bit to load all reservations into safe passage. Each person over the age of 18 needs to create their own safe passage account and upload any and all documents themselves. This is true even for married couple in the same house!

First thing to do in safe passage is upload your proof of vaccination. Once safe passage approves your vaccine documents you will see a status of “clear to arrive” meaning you can arrive at the port.

Then next thing is covid testing.

Covid testing:
For guests fully vaccinated covid testing can be done at home no more than two days prior to sailing and must be uploaded to the safe passage website with results by midnight prior to the day of sailing. If you are leaving on a Thursday, then your covid test results need to be done in a Tuesday or Wednesday (up to 2 days prior) and uploaded into safe passage by Midnight on Wednesday. If you fail to do this really no big deal except you have to pay through the nose at the port to get your covid testing done.

OnPoint:

On sail date you will get a notification in email to fill out a covid questionnaire. Only one per stateroom so one of you should fill it out. Again no big deal, you can always do it at the port but the more you do earlier the easier it is.

Other than that enjoy your cruise!!!!
Excellent answer. We also did OnPoint in July and felt it very easy.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter