S/O - What is your least favorite scent?

amberpi

DIS Veteran
I don't mean the smell of napalm in the morning or anything, like least favorite cologne/perfume? I was at the perfume counter today thinking about getting something totally different and several were just gross. What do you really dislike?

Pretty much anything with a one word adjective or noun for a name.
Stuff like Bijan ( wayyyy too strong...everyone knows where you've been), Opium (the name is offensive), Poison, even Beautiful, a scent that smelled wonderful to my nose but required me to say something stupid when people asked what it was. The early '90's was hard on my perfume collection, LOL.

About the only one name scent that made me giggle was/is Egoiste. The commercials were hysterical:

Gardenia. I’m not sure what it is about it but ugh, can’t stand it.

Anything that’s over the top flowery and you can smell it a mile away. I like subtle, warm scents.

I prefer body sprays like from Bath and Body works. Perfume can give me a headache. But from BBW, I don't want to smell like a lemon or an orange. I like seasonal sprays though

Right now I have been wearing Magical Snowflake or something like that. In the summer it's a scent that reminds me of the beach without smelling like coconut. I start wearing it about the time I get really tired of winter. They tend to change their scents or at least the name of them from year to year so it changes.

What I really dislike are overpowering air fresheners. They give me a headache, make me feel nauseous and get in my sinuses. My FIL had one that sprayed every 15 mins. At the same time he was making jerky, so soy sauce, Worcester etc. was mixed in with the “evergreen” scent. It took nearly a week of being back home to get the smell out of my sinuses. To this day DH has to make his jerky on night shift at work because the smell now makes me gag.

My coworker must have thought he was the last one out of the upstairs office on Friday, but I had to come back up to my desk. And it was obvious there had been a massive methane evacuation just prior to my arrival. That topped the list.

I don't like smelling like food, too vanilla-y, but I'm ok with those notes...same with the overly floral, a little goes a long way. I don't think I liked any of the perfumes that were heavily balanced in one way or the other.

I really hate that Love Spell stiff from VS. It was really popular with girls when I was growing up. It smells lole Juicy Juice. No thank you.

I also hate most BBW fragrances. There used to be some good ones ans I will still buy the classics when they’re on sale, but the rest all smell the same! They all have the this undertone of freshly opened play-doh.

Vanilla. Not the baking kind, but the fake candle/perfume scent.

To clarify, I *like* it, but it gives me terrible headaches. Unfortunately, it's in so many popular candles and room sprays. I always feel like a jerk when I ask people not to use it in the room I'm working in, but seriously, I need to go home if I breathe it for more than a few minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter