S/O - What's your go to social media site?

I used to live on Instant Messaging, AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo!, Jabber, Google Talk, Facebook Messenger... most have given up the ghost though :(

Now I use Facebook and the DIS primarily, and Telegram for one person.

The only one I really post on is Instagram and that's mostly just to share vacation and dog photos with friends and family. I still have facebook (been on it since it was only for college students), but rarely post.
I am addicted to watching TikTok videos, but have no interest at all in posting my own.

Threads, if we're talking purely a platform similar to Twitter. I check Facebook every day because my family use it and that's how we keep in touch, but I hardly post there myself. I check Instagram for WDW content and 'like' stuff but I have never posted.

Facebook. Everything I need and want is there. Some are on other social media sites, but Facebook is the only one they are all on.
My friends. My neighbors My Car Club. My Neighborhood watch. My community chit chat page. My professional organizations. My Fraternity. My Service organization. My restaurants.

I signed up for bragbook a few months ago just to see pictures of the grandkids. Of course I get lots of other pictures but there are some I don’t get if I wasn’t on bragbook. Anyway bragbook is a pain. Every day and yes I mean everyday they text me you have you have new notifications people you might know. Any way to get rid of the notifications on bragbook?

None of the ones traditionally considered 'social media', don't see the point and apparently many have become unregulated free-for-alls where many post nonsense/conspiracy theories or argue with others which seems pointless to me. I belong to a few forum sites like this one which are specifically formatted with topics/threads/etc. so you can pick/choose what you want to look at or comment on. FB is mostly formatted by person, so when someone tries to turn it into a discussion/forum site seems rather clumsy and not really setup for that purpose.

Social media like FB changed something in their settings a few years ago so I was suddenly able to see posts from friends-of-friends even if I had NO idea who they were. I don't think that change was well publicized and most probably don't notice the change. Previously, you could only view the posts of those who you were 'friends' with. Rarely used it since then.

I teach social media so it's literally my job to be comfortable with these sites/apps. I am an active user of FB/IG/TikTok/Twitter but the app that I use the most is honestly WhatsApp. I co-own an IT company and my partner is in New Delhi so I use WhatsApp every day all day. The best part about the app is that you can call overseas for free. I have had my partner call me on WhatsApp from India and we've had convo on my phone from my car. So I frankly love the technology and what it offers.

I love Facebook. Perhaps because I've been on it the longest, but I've found it the easiest to manage whose content I see and what type of activity shows up on my feed. I keep it nice and positive. Like the Dis, it's become a go-to drama-free zone.

I've never posted on Instagram, but I use it to follow some celebrities and organizations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter