?'s on 30 day Online Check-in

ctc917

DIS Veteran
So I have a few questions on the Online check in process. So I'm hitting my 30 day mark tonight and I think I read that after midnight you can start the Check in process, is this correct?
I've got all my information ready and I'm wondering if I use my computer and I go and sign in to my account I see a section where it states "Online Check in" but there is no button that I would think would be there that I would click on when its time, is this the correct spot to be? and if so after the time for my 30 day Check in goes by does something show up in that spot or am I looking at the wrong place and if so where should I be?
I'd appreciate any help with this since I'd hate to wait until after Midnight only to find out that I can't find where I am supposed to be and I have no one to ask to find out where to go for the 30 day check in.

Also if I have issues with my laptop I would then try to use my iPad/iphone and I guess I'd be asking the same question for the iPad too, does a button show up after your online check in time happens at the spot on the app that states "My Online Check-in"

Thanks
ctc917

I don't remember the exact wording, but yes the "check in" button/box will show up at midnight. It will also show up on the app on your phone.

The online check In button will appear magically when your app countdown turns to 29 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes. If your app turns to 30 days tonight, you are too early. I like to use my phone for online checkin thru the app.

Yes usually a button will appear. The key is to know that your app must show 29 days, 23 hours and 59 minutes before you can check in!

If you look now and it shows 31 days then you are too early!

If laptop freezes skip the iPad and go straight to the app on the phone (we had success that way)

Good luck!

We did ours Wednesday and found out that you need to upload a picture of your passport. To get past it, we uploaded something as a placeholder and then went in the next day and changed it.

We did ours Wednesday and found out that you need to upload a picture of your passport. To get past it, we uploaded something as a placeholder and then went in the next day and changed it.
Yes you need that as well as a different photo of each person as well.

I would just take the photos of people and the passports ahead of time. It makes it much easier. Checking in on the phone/app is easier too, if you use it to take the photos. The passports can be a bit of a bear to take pictures of, since they are usually folded. You may need someone to help hold them down.

Hi everyone
Thanks for the help with the 30 day check in, I went to check in last night or should I say in the wee hours of the morning. Everything went well. It took about 45 mins to complete and yes the website was very show but it finally moved and we uploaded everything that I had saved and once their website started moving it went very fast.
Thanks for all the help
ctc917

I am having issues. I am logged into my account on my laptop and it doesn't give any links to check in . I can get to it from my iphone, but I don't have the files on my phone, they are on my desktop.

What do I do?

I am having issues. I am logged into my account on my laptop and it doesn't give any links to check in . I can get to it from my iphone, but I don't have the files on my phone, they are on my desktop.

What do I do?
If you are still having issues try a different browser or email yourself the pics and pull them up on your phone to upload for online checkin

My kids don't have passports yet. We are going tp apply but with the long waits now I won't have them for online check in. We might not even have them for the cruise but I hope do. Do birth certificates still work for cnder 16 on a close looped Bahamian cruise? If so, how does that work on the app?

My kids don't have passports yet. We are going tp apply but with the long waits now I won't have them for online check in. We might not even have them for the cruise but I hope do. Do birth certificates still work for cnder 16 on a close looped Bahamian cruise? If so, how does that work on the app?
Copied directly from the DCL page under Already Booked and then Travel Documentation: hope this helps!

The Bahamas, Caribbean, Pacific Coast, Bermuda or Canada – Round Trip Cruises​

Sailing from/to: Port Canaveral, Miami, Galveston, San Diego, San Juan, New Orleans and New York

The following guidelines are based on government regulations, which are subject to change at any time. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have all the proper documentation to board the ship and enter each of the countries on your cruise itinerary.

Travelers can visit the U.S. State Department's website for more information. All documents must be valid for the entire length of the voyage, unless otherwise noted. Guests without proper documentation will be denied boarding. When dropping off luggage upon arrival, please keep all documents in your possession to present during check-in at the terminal.

U.S. Citizens (Including Children)

• Original valid U.S. Passport
  • Original valid U.S. Passport Card
  • Original valid Trusted Traveler Card (NEXUS, FAST)
OR

• Original or copy of their state-issued birth certificate AND Government-issued photo ID
    1. Puerto Rico birth certificates issued prior to 7/1/10 are not acceptable
    2. Hospital-issued birth certificates are not acceptable
  • Original Consular Report of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State AND Government-issued photo ID
  • Original Certificate of Naturalization issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services AND Government-issued photo ID
Children 15 years of age and younger are required to present one of the documents listed above, but do not need to present a Government-issued photo ID.

Social Security Cards and Global Entry are not acceptable proof of U.S. citizenship for purposes of traveling outside of the U.S.

I checked in while I was out of town but didn't have my passport info, just had my birth certificate info and drivers license. Can I switch to passport without effecting my PAT?

I checked in while I was out of town but didn't have my passport info, just had my birth certificate info and drivers license. Can I switch to passport without effecting my PAT?
Don’t know about impacting PAT. I would bring it to the terminal at check in and just have them swap it out then.

I was finally able to get it to work on my laptop. I had to go in and manually adjust time to get it to work. Now I will know better for next time. Out of town all this week and had husband email me the files that I had saved in my desktop. He sent them in a pdf so I had to go back and save them as images. After 90 minutes I was done and got the 12:15 slot. Had hoped for earlier but that’s okay. Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter