Saana lunch on AK park day

Mintycake

DIS Veteran
I’d like to have lunch at Saana on my AK park day. How long will it take to get there? Is bus the best way? Or is it better to finish the park and go for dinner?

Look up when sunset will be and plan around that, maybe turn it into a lunch/dinner situation and snack inside AK. It’s kinda a lot to trek out of and back into AK after you’ve already treked around AK. If you still decide to do lunch the most efficient way would be a rideshare so you aren’t waiting on buses.

Can you still see the animals at dinner?

1) If it's past sunset you won't be able to see much outside
2) There is no guarantee animals will be by your window
3) Not all tables have a window view

Don't go to Sanaa for the view. Go for the food and consider anything else a bonus.

With that being said, I wouldn't leave AK for lunch and expect to want to go back after. The walk from the bus stops just to Discovery Island is not something I'd want to do after being in the park all morning and after a good meal. I wouldn't even go to RFC and expect to want to get back deeper into the park. If you want Sanaa on your AK day, you are better off trying for a 5:30 ADR or so. If you finish AK early, head over to AKL and explore Jambo House before walking (or taking a van ride) to Kidani Village for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter