• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Safe storage of video camera

Dimplenose

Stranger from the outside
I am going to be staying at All Star Sports resorts this summer and for the first time I'm taking a video camera. Obviously I will not want to be filming all the time so where is the safest place to keep the camera when I'm not using it?

From what I remember the room safes at the All Stars are very small, just enough room for documents and jewellery - will reception be able to store the camera in their safe? (and if they do will it be a pain to retreive it?)

Any info on this will be appreciated.

Thanks, Libby

Hi Libby :)
We always stash ours away in a locker when we don't want to use it any more along with any other bit and pieces we don't want to carry. All the parks have lockers located just inside the entrances.
We paid $5 for the locker and $2 of this was refunded when we returned the locker key. You can open it as often as you please and if you want to hop to another park, take your receipt and you will not need to pay again for the use of a locker in that park.
I am not sure if the price has gone up a little since April 2001 when we were last there.

........ I should add that when we don't want to take it with us at all, we lock it inside one of our suitcases and place the suitcase key in the safe.
You are right about the in-room safes, they are literally a recess in the wall and very small.

The little Sony Digital Camcorder (PC100) we hired last year fitted into the safe in the POR room. It also fitted nicely into my bum bag (fanny pack) for carrying round the parks.

If you fancy hiring one checkout:

http://www.camhire.co.uk/

It cost us about £119 for 3 weeks (+£250 returnable deposit)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter