Safe Travels, vaccination proof, and travelling directly from Canada

Inga

DIS Veteran
Hi

As we are flying directly from Canada we don’t need to register within the Safe Travels program….basically because it is understood/agreed that carriers from certain countries will abide by the requirements. However, I was reading about our Kualoa Ranch ATV reservation that you need to provide your record of immunization through the Safe Travels app….so….we were planning on just using paper copies of our vaccination records - any intel on whether that will be a barrier for us at the ranch as well as anywhere else on Oahu?

Thanks
Inga

Was wondering the same thing…
I “think” your provincial bar code (on the national system) meets the requirements for Safe Travels.

Was wondering the same thing…
I “think” your provincial bar code (on the national system) meets the requirements for Safe Travels.
I’m hoping! I did reach out to the Ranch with that question, but also wondering for access to other services as well….

Just heard from the ranch, their response contradicted there reservation confirmation email. I’ll go with this response ;)

”Aloha,

Vaccination cards or negative covid test is not required or needed at check in.

Mahalo,
Stephanie
Reservations/Ticket Office”

Sorry to jump on. So we don't need a negative covid test to fly from Canada to Hawaii? What about returning home? Do we need to have a negative test to come home? Thank you

We just flew in yesterday. You are required to have a negative test within 24 hours of your departure to the US (can be a rapid antigen test). Having said that, no one checked it. Anywhere. (YMMV)

At Aulani, they needed to see proof we came on a direct international flight (boarding pass), and we needed to show our full proof of vaccination (including which shots you got and when).

To return to Canada, you need to have a negative molecular test within 72 hours before you depart. (PCR or there are some others, including 30 minute LAMP tests, but not including a rapid antigen test)

We just flew in yesterday. You are required to have a negative test within 24 hours of your departure to the US (can be a rapid antigen test). Having said that, no one checked it. Anywhere. (YMMV)
Did the airline not check your negative covid test when you boarded? That's when we had to show ours. I believe the airlines are responsible for verifying your test and after that it's considered that you have been cleared.

OP, you should have no issues. We traveled all over 3 islands in Hawaii using our Canadian vaccination cards. The only place they asked for our Safe Travels code was when we first checked in at Aulani and once we told her we were from Canada she just checked our vax cards and we were good. No other place that we had to show proof of vaccination asked for a Safe Travels code. This was in November/December.

At AULANI too they didn’t care about my airline wristband they wanted to see a validated safe travels website acknowledgment

Did the airline not check your negative covid test when you boarded? That's when we had to show ours. I believe the airlines are responsible for verifying your test and after that it's considered that you have been cleared.
They did not. We had to upload vaccination information, but no one asked to see negative test results. On arrival in HNL, we were given “passes” to exempt us from the safe travels check at the airport.

We have arrived tonight, one day earlier than expected as there was an ice storm on the east coast that may have grounded us for a bit so we switched our tickets last minute. We flew direct to Hawaii from Canada (Halifax-Toronto-Vancouver-Hawaii). Before arriving to the airport we uploaded everything (proof of vax, neg Covid test, etc). It was quite an extensive online check in (compared to our experiences pre-Covid). We showed our negative Covid test result at our first checkin in Halifax and that gave us boarding passes with an indicator on all of them that we were vaxed and authorized. The Air Canada agent went through all our paperwork thoroughly in Halifax and didn’t have to show it after that. When we got off the plane in Honolulu, we just got our bags and left…no additional paperwork on departure from the airport…

Question for all you fellow Canadians currently at Aulani. Where are you getting your PCR tests done to fly home?

Our trip is early April and I want to pre-pay and book ours soon...

Question for all you fellow Canadians currently at Aulani. Where are you getting your PCR tests done to fly home?

Our trip is early April and I want to pre-pay and book ours soon...
We went through switch health, ordered online, 2 RT LAMP tests. If you have an aeroplan number you get a discount on the price. We had them sent to our home and we packed them for our trip in carry on as did not want to chance checked luggage being lost…

We went through switch health, ordered online, 2 RT LAMP tests. If you have an aeroplan number you get a discount on the price. We had them sent to our home and we packed them for our trip in carry on as did not want to chance checked luggage being lost…

Thanks Inga!

We got the Azova LAMP ones through Westjet. Worked fine.

edit to add: we had a PCR test booked through DLS in Kapolei, but got the take along tests and canceled.

Anyone travel from Canada within 90 days after testing positive? What was your experience? Any advice? I have copies of the PCR test but am having trouble finding a doctor to write a letter confirming that we have recovered.

Anyone travel from Canada within 90 days after testing positive? What was your experience? Any advice? I have copies of the PCR test but am having trouble finding a doctor to write a letter confirming that we have recovered.
We didn't but I have a few friends who are traveling with that exemption recently. They've had no issues crossing the border (my friends husband even went over for a hockey game!) but they definitely had the recovery letter from their doctor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter